Anyone have experience of Weline OS

Negita43

Possibly but Shopee links don't work for me - they want me to sign in / setup an account before I can access their site

But you are probably right I am looking at

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4869257222-s20369484425.html?spm=a2o42.my_wishlist.price_observing.65.50696108EiXRiR

or

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4898355861-s20638534550.html?spm=a2o42.my_wishlist.price_observing.67.258f6108ey6Kgf

Both are single bay NAS - it's for my partner who has in excess of 12,000 photos on her phone and they only get backed up when I insist on removing her sd card and do a physical backup (USB from her old phone refuses to complete) I did put an app on her phone to do auto backup to my NAS but that has stopped working and she cannot be relied on to check.

I may be away for some time so I want to automate as much as possible and I've read the blurb which says "auto backup" but I was looking to see if anyone actually had experience of using the OS.

2 hours ago, Negita43 said:

It's an Android OS for some NAS boxes Mobile Phone based but I guess you could use on windows with an Android emulator

- any thoughts appreciated

Maybe if you locate a Chinese person on here…

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

I was just aking if anyone had knowledge - don't see a reason to be sarcastic. If you don't have any experience with it no need to respond.

That’s fine. I can put you on ignore in order to prevent myself ever responding to you again. Hope that helps. 

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

Hope that helps. 

Sure will - this is the type of feedback I was looking for although I'm not sure why a VPN might be a security issue I continue my research without your input - found on Amazon:

1.0 out of 5 stars Manufactuer demands a VPN to monitor your network!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 November 2023

Forget this as a NAS drive. To use as a nas drive, an app must be installed on your PC or phone. If you refuse the app, you are unable to use the drive as a NAS, it's just a glorified SSD exclosure. Massively overpriced as just an enclosure.

If you don't understand networking very well, the VPN access would give them access to far more than just your traffic. Your device could be attacked behind the protection your routers firewall provides. Spyware, trojans or viruses could be planted that could gain access to anything unprotected. And a company that would demand such access, what they could do with the app on your phone should keep you awake at night. This is scary.

Such a shame, this could have been an awesome little device.

Images in this review
Customer image