Annual Health Check

GarryP

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

At lifecare Lab that package is 1,000 baht excluding dentist, eye checks and x ray, not sure how good or important they are

LifeCare labs does Exercise Stress Tests???

And isn't it in Pattaya? He is looking for Bangkok.

32 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Interesting.

I don't really need the dental or eye checks just now. Had those done recently. 

Chest xray would be okay,  probably only a couple hundred baht elsewhere 

and a night out in Pattaya maybe. Needs to be fasting though so no food or drink beforehand, i usually go when it opens at 7.30am, i go day before to pick up bottle for the occult blood stool test (200 baht), at lifecare lab package 4 is 700 baht, hba1c is 350 baht

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Interesting.

I don't really need the dental or eye checks just now. Had those done recently. 

Chest xray would be okay,  probably only a couple hundred baht elsewhere 

Did your recent eye check include intraocular pressure (for glaucoma)? As that is important.

BTW LifeCare labs is in Pattaya. And cannot do the Exercsie Stress Test which for you would be important.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

LifeCare labs does Exercise Stress Tests???

And isn't it in Pattaya? He is looking for Bangkok.

Stress test can be done in one of the private hospitals, he likes Pattaya by the sounds of it. I mention the prices as a guide, maybe a lab in Bangkok with similar pricing 

On 12/28/2023 at 1:36 PM, Sheryl said:

I suggest

https://rsuhealth.com/product/ตรวจสุขภาพ-24-รายการ-standard-check-up-package-สำ/

And add on to it:

1. HB1Ac

2. Exercise Stress Test (will give an indication of your overall cardiac fitness as well as detect about 80% of coronary artery disease. Fitness aspect especially pertinent given obesity and lifestyle.)

3. PSA (mainly just as a baseline for future reference)

May I ask why you recommend RSU? You have yours done there? Also see on link only checkup for under 30s.

When I consulted cardiologist at Chula about afib last year, he said no need for stress test as it would not turn up anything useful -- but perhaps that is only in context of afib? He did order an echocardiogram (normal).

12 minutes ago, david_je said:

May I ask why you recommend RSU? You have yours done there? Also see on link only checkup for under 30s.

When I consulted cardiologist at Chula about afib last year, he said no need for stress test as it would not turn up anything useful -- but perhaps that is only in context of afib? He did order an echocardiogram (normal).

I have gone there a few times. Recommended because good value for money compared to hospitals and the poster I was replying to @FruitPudding specifically asked about value for money,

What is shown on the website is in no way indicative of all they offer. They have a huge menu of tests and packages.  The recommendation for a stress test as also specific to @FruitPudding who states he is overweight and not very active but no known conditions.

Out of interest, is doing all these tests going to ultimately increase your health insurance premiums and make insurance more difficult to obtain when older? If you do every test under the sun they'll eventually find something.

51 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Out of interest, is doing all these tests going to ultimately increase your health insurance premiums and make insurance more difficult to obtain when older? If you do every test under the sun they'll eventually find something.

But what's the other option?

If you don't find out about something early, you could drop dead with a heart attack or find out you have advanced cancer.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, alien365 said:

If a Thai insurer then i am sure they will and they will add exclusions to your policy (it happened to me) even though the tests did not find anything, it would seem if you have a health check then in Thai eyes you must be worried about something

4 minutes ago, howerde said:

If a Thai insurer then i am sure they will and they will add exclusions to your policy (it happened to me) even though the tests did not find anything, it would seem if you have a health check then in Thai eyes you must be worried about something

That's pretty nuts,  if the tests came back OK 

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

That's pretty nuts,  if the tests came back OK 

Yes  there is nothing you can do or complain to, when i queried the 88% increase in premium and new exclusions they just said you have gone up an age bracket.

55 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

But what's the other option?

If you don't find out about something early, you could drop dead with a heart attack or find out you have advanced cancer.

It sounds like the OP goes for regular testing already and has already stated he is generally considered healthy. Further tests just sound superfluous and may potentially have a detrimental effect on him. Each to their own though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 1:36 PM, Sheryl said:

I suggest

https://rsuhealth.com/product/ตรวจสุขภาพ-24-รายการ-standard-check-up-package-สำ/

And add on to it:

1. HB1Ac

2. Exercise Stress Test (will give an indication of your overall cardiac fitness as well as detect about 80% of coronary artery disease. Fitness aspect especially pertinent given obesity and lifestyle.)

3. PSA (mainly just as a baseline for future reference)

I'm currently pondering where to go an get a full screen check done, Bumungrad, MedPark, Phayathai 2, BNH or Samitivej Hospital.  Range of prices from 18,000 to 43,000.  I'm interested in the quality of the checks and service more than the price but equally, don't want to burn money for the sake of it just because the place looks like a 5* hotel.  RSU might be an option.  Google reviews I almost always take with a pinch of salt but it's worrying how low their score is.  That said, people who have great service often don't bother with a review but those who do, or who have an axe to grind, are very viciferous.

At this stage I don't really have any idea what would be considered a comprehensive enough package for over 60 so I'm starting with this as a baseline from PhayaThai 2:

Sparkling Premium Checkup (Eng)[13848](1).png

53 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I'm currently pondering where to go an get a full screen check done, Bumungrad, MedPark, Phayathai 2, BNH or Samitivej Hospital.  Range of prices from 18,000 to 43,000.  I'm interested in the quality of the checks and service more than the price but equally, don't want to burn money for the sake of it just because the place looks like a 5* hotel.  RSU might be an option.  Google reviews I almost always take with a pinch of salt but it's worrying how low their score is.  That said, people who have great service often don't bother with a review but those who do, or who have an axe to grind, are very viciferous.

At this stage I don't really have any idea what would be considered a comprehensive enough package for over 60 so I'm starting with this as a baseline from PhayaThai 2:

Sparkling Premium Checkup (Eng)[13848](1).png

Some hospitals list the packages by age and gender, for example Mission Hospital.

I tend to think all the hospitals will have the same labs. I would not be paying double at the 5 star hospitals for screenings. Treatment,  well that's different.