My rowing machine

Carlosm

My rowing machine coil spring has snapped. I live rural and therefore have to buy a new one online. I thought it would be easy but I don't know the name of the spring. After googling for quite some time I think it's called a volute spring. That said I still can't find one online using either Lazada or Shopee. Therefore, if anyone knows either where to buy one online or a shop that can deliver would they let me know.

IMG_20231210_134739_919.jpg

IMG_20231210_134733_003.jpg

I am afraid you are up the creek without a rowing machine :laugh:

It looks like a proprietary device designed to fit your machine by it's manufacturer. They probably soursed the spring  bulk and build a holding and retracting mechanism around it. 

Not saying that it's impossible but , good luck.

Remember, not only you have to get the same size spring, but the same spring with the same  tension. 

I would try to contact your manufacturer, if that is not passible. see if you can find another rowing machine for sale and see if their mechanism and spring are similar to yours. Then contact that manufacturer, buy a replacement spring mechanism from them, and see if you can retrofit to yours. 

Good luck and I mean it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

Tried EBay but way too expensive delivery charge. Been trying with Aliexpress but slow replies.

1 minute ago, Carlosm said:

Tried EBay but way too expensive delivery charge. Been trying with Aliexpress but slow replies.

I had great luck getting stuff from AliExpress when I lived in Thailand.  With E-Post, delivery was usually peanuts and pretty quick.  Every once in awhile, the goodies would hang up in Thai customs for a few days, but usually not on low $$$ products- mostly stuff over $100USD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Carlosm, it might help if you share the model of rowing machine? I brought a Concept II rowing machine from the UK and found a sports equipment supplier who has both serviced and repaired the machine for 15 years with branded spare parts. http://www.searasports.com to find out if yours is included in their extensive range. Good luck!

3 hours ago, AjarnMartin said:

Carlosm, it might help if you share the model of rowing machine? I brought a Concept II rowing machine from the UK and found a sports equipment supplier who has both serviced and repaired the machine for 15 years with branded spare parts. http://www.searasports.com to find out if yours is included in their extensive range. Good luck!

https://shopee.co.th/กรรเชียงบก-ปรับความต้านทานได้-Jacky-Fitness-รุ่น-YK-R0901B-มาพร้อมหน้าจอแสดงผล-(แถมฟรีเสื่อโยคะแบบคละสี)-i.60475232.1232949437