Thai cuisine continues to make its mark

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Five Thai dishes, including Pad Krapao, have been listed among the world’s top 100 dishes, according to the TasteAtlas website, and Thai cuisine generally has been ranked 17th best in the world for 2023.

Maybe in the high class restaurants and hotels... the usual street offerings are just rank. 

58 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe in the high class restaurants and hotels... the usual street offerings are just rank. 

The TasteAtlas website has the following disclaimer at the bottom of the page which basically says don't take the results too seriously 😅

"TasteAtlas food rankings are based on the ratings of the TasteAtlas audience, with a series of mechanisms that recognize real users and that ignore bot, nationalist or local patriotic ratings, and give additional value to the ratings of users that the system recognizes as knowledgeable. For the “Top 100 Dishes in the World” list until December 01, 2023, 382,723 ratings were recorded, of which 265,170 were recognized by the system as legitimate. TasteAtlas Rankings should not be seen as the final global conclusion about food. Their purpose is to promote excellent local foods, instill pride in traditional dishes, and arouse curiosity about dishes you haven’t tried."

https://www.tasteatlas.com/best-rated-dishes-in-the-world

2 hours ago, nausea said:

If you don't like spicy you'll have a problem eating locally in Thailand. 

I can't take spicy and I do have a problem...

Years ago, I forgot which magazine it was that rated Thai Massaman as the best food.  They got it right IMO.