Significant Growth in Electric Vehicle Interest at Motor Expo 2023

snoop1130

20544150d39a64d632eb03903ab7f4e2_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Radklao Inthawong Suwankiri, the Deputy Government Spokesperson, has announced the success of "Motor Expo 2023."

She said that the event saw substantial bookings for vehicles, including about 53,000 cars and 7,300 motorcycles. Of the booked vehicles, 61.6% were combustion engine cars and 38.4% were electric vehicles (EVs).

Radklao attributed the increase in people’s adoption of EVs to the government’s policy to support electric cars and motorcycles. She said that the Board of Investment has come up with incentives to attract foreign companies to invest in EV production in Thailand.

Other factors contributing to the EV adoption are the motorists’ mentality on cost-saving and the clean energy trend.

The government, particularly the Ministry of Energy, is committed to supporting this trend and ensuring sustainable energy use in the future.

By Na-ark Rojanasuvan

Full story: NNT 2023-12-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

2 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Do not park in flood prone areas, these vehicles do not like having their battery

under water. Fire could be the result of shorting out the battery. Just saying.

Models sold on the Bangkok market will have 2 metre diameter wheels as an option.

Do not park in flood prone areas, these vehicles do not like having their battery

That's an interesting statement and something to which I hadn't given any consideration.

So I googled to learn more.

My search parameters included IP ratings and this is what came out of the woodwork so to speak 

https://thedriven.io/2018/12/04/is-a-battery-electric-vehicle-safe-in-a-flood/

I often wordered how driver and passengers keep warm in an EV. Now I think I know.

One of the reasons I bought a Hi-Rider truck was because getting caught in 50cm of water was pretty common place in the Pattaya area.....always recall coming back from immigration to my vehicle on Jomtiem 2nd and it was in quite deep water... I sort of climbed off a high kerb into it. A regular low profile car would have had wet carpets. Of course City Hall have fixed all the flooding issues now haven't they!