Psychiatrist ideally with good english recommendation in Chiang Mai?

jay36

Got some health issues and docs dont know what it is, they think likely stress related, looking for a psychiatrist or a proper medical diagnosis for work that you would recommend or know about and is good with English ideally as i cant speak Thai and the discussion would get more complex then normal hospital doc visits (fortunately got a good GP) where I already struggle and have communication issues. South of the city ideal but prob unlikely so wherever is fine. Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, jay36 said:

Got some health issues and docs dont know what it is, they think likely stress related, looking for a psychiatrist or a proper medical diagnosis for work that you would recommend or know about and is good with English ideally as i cant speak Thai and the discussion would get more complex then normal hospital doc visits (fortunately got a good GP) where I already struggle and have communication issues. South of the city ideal but prob unlikely so wherever is fine. Thanks

What are the health issues?

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

What are the health issues?

It seems to be physical issues actually which is the problem, i have anxiety issues as well but those are consistent and under control generally for long time already, this new thing is full body nerve pain and fatigue attacks. It seems physical but docs cant find cause and are saying likely so it might be that manifesting physically, which is concerning. Already do therapy, need a mental medical doc to try diagnose properly if possible, nobody else seems to know.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jay36 said:

It seems to be physical issues actually which is the problem, i have anxiety issues as well but those are consistent and under control generally for long time already, this new thing is full body nerve pain and fatigue attacks. It seems physical but docs cant find cause and are saying likely so it might be that manifesting physically, which is concerning. Already do therapy, need a mental medical doc to try diagnose properly if possible, nobody else seems to know.

I used to work as a personal assistant for a lady that had 'chronic fatigue syndrome'. An additional symptom was body pain, kind of like the nerve pain you mentioned. She said acupuncture used to work, but only if she kept going to regular sessions, as it seemed to be only temporary relief for about a week or so.

Seemed like physical ailments to her, but I always wondered if there was a big psychological component to it. Maybe there are some spas in Chiang Mai that do acupuncture or oriental medicine.

Moved to the Health forum.

You have gotten some suggestions for psych but I would also suggest you see this doctor at Sripat

https://sriphat.med.cmu.ac.th/en/doctor/detail/26

what you describe sounds much like fibromylagia. Most Thai doctors are not familiar with it, and the "must be stress" is a default response when they can't find a cause familiar to them

The above doctor is familiar with fibromyalgia. See what he thinks.

Anxiety can do a lot but is unlikely to cause the sort of widesprerad nerve pain you describe.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jay36 said:

I see that Sheryl has made a recommendation of a doctor already and I would heed her advice.   

I am curious if you have also been gaining weight as well over the last couple or more years.   Your description sounds similar to a problem I had a few years ago, body aches, joint aches, fatigue etc.  Another symptom was high levels of calcium in my blood stream.  

Eventually I was diagnosed with a hyper active parathyroid gland.   After parathyroidectomy surgery, I started feeling better within a couple of days.  But as I was told by my physician, it could take years before I was back to normal.   Surgery was in August 2019 and I still feel some residual effects of the over active parathyroid.  

Look at the symptom list at this web page, scroll down to find it. 

https://www.hyperparathyroidmd.com/diagnosis/#:~:text=Dr. Larian will order the following laboratory tests,the chemical balance in the body) More items

17 hours ago, CMHomeboy78 said:

Dr. Kittiwan Psychiatric Clinic.

78/2 Samlan Rd., A. Muang, Chiang Mai.

This lady is also a staff psychiatrist at Suan Prung Hospital.

She was highly recommended by the several people I know who have visited her for counseling and therapy.

Part of her practice is marriage counseling  for Thai/farang couples so language shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Awesome much appreciated!

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Moved to the Health forum.

You have gotten some suggestions for psych but I would also suggest you see this doctor at Sripat

https://sriphat.med.cmu.ac.th/en/doctor/detail/26

what you describe sounds much like fibromylagia. Most Thai doctors are not familiar with it, and the "must be stress" is a default response when they can't find a cause familiar to them

The above doctor is familiar with fibromyalgia. See what he thinks.

Anxiety can do a lot but is unlikely to cause the sort of widesprerad nerve pain you describe.  

Ok thanks, i mentioned fibro to the Ram doc as my mom has some issue with this but he did a shoulder squeeze and said its not as there was no muscle pain, not sure how effective that diagnosis is but I will try. It does however feel more like a inside burning fever, discomfort, restless leg type nerve pain, its hard to discribe, but yeah not sure at all, ill have to check all things to make sure thanks, ill give them a visit.

2 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I see that Sheryl has made a recommendation of a doctor already and I would heed her advice.   

I am curious if you have also been gaining weight as well over the last couple or more years.   Your description sounds similar to a problem I had a few years ago, body aches, joint aches, fatigue etc.  Another symptom was high levels of calcium in my blood stream.  

Eventually I was diagnosed with a hyper active parathyroid gland.   After parathyroidectomy surgery, I started feeling better within a couple of days.  But as I was told by my physician, it could take years before I was back to normal.   Surgery was in August 2019 and I still feel some residual effects of the over active parathyroid.  

Look at the symptom list at this web page, scroll down to find it. 

https://www.hyperparathyroidmd.com/diagnosis/#:~:text=Dr. Larian will order the following laboratory tests,the chemical balance in the body) More items

Thanks interesting, will take a look. I do a lot of supplements usually to cover all my nutrient bases and tests show these are fine, but no been losing weight as not eating much due to time and stress, healthy food but not much of it so generally things have seemed fine except for this problem, even stopped drinking 1.5 years ago and that helped a lot

6 hours ago, Tazmo said:

A good English speaking Psychiatrist is Dr Suttipan, I worked with him for a few years. He worked with mainly Foreigners.

He is very experienced and works at CMR Hospital and also The Hills Rehab , Huay Sai, Mae Rim.

Thanks this is great, pretty much what I need thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 9:14 PM, advancebooking said:

please get blood tested for vit D, copper, zinc, magnesium, vit b

I was deficient in these for many yrs and since supplementing feel so much better. 

I did thanks i take of a lot of supplements (after a ton of research so i do it the right with dosages and tests) due to past health issues and all my medical physical tests look good so its a really strange thing, my research on cause is leaning more and more towards some kind of psychophysical stress response. I have an appointment with ingjaiclinic.com up to, he looks super qualified so we will see end Jan, these guys are booked full for a while, thanks all for the help.