Recommended Dental implant Places in Pattaya

CartagenaWarlock

What are the recommended dental implant places in Pattaya? Please post personal experiences, including costs per implant. I have a few missing teeth, and I use a flexible denture now. I have large corporate-level US dental insurance, and my teeth are taken care of during my yearly visits. However, insurance does not cover implants and only covers 50% of denture costs.

I'm looking in Bangkok. The best places are sky high. The costs are out of line and I wonder if I'm getting farang pricing. I could have the wife call but in the end I am a farang and will pay that price anyway and regardless.

I'd heard or read about some doctor in Bang Saen or somewhere in between BKK and Pattaya some years back. Anyone??

2 hours ago, Sluglord said:

I'm looking in Bangkok. The best places are sky high. The costs are out of line and I wonder if I'm getting farang pricing. I could have the wife call but in the end I am a farang and will pay that price anyway and regardless.

I'd heard or read about some doctor in Bang Saen or somewhere in between BKK and Pattaya some years back. Anyone??

Oh, now we know where to go. Somewhere between BKK & Pattaya:smile:

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Op, have you considered a bridge? Much less invasive then an implant. It feels like they like to sell implants here, but it should be a last resort.

Implants are good Jim. I have had a few. Not sure how the bridge thing works though.

9 minutes ago, V8M8 said:

Implants are good Jim. I have had a few. Not sure how the bridge thing works though.

It's three crowns basically, the center crown where the tooth is missing sits above the gumline and is secured in place by the crowns on either side. The problem with a bridge is that two teeth need to be crowned so it's grinding down two teeth just to have the one space filled (unless they need to be crowned anyway, so you're not losing anything).

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What are the recommended dental implant places in Pattaya? Please post personal experiences, including costs per implant. I have a few missing teeth, and I use a flexible denture now. I have large corporate-level US dental insurance, and my teeth are taken care of during my yearly visits. However, insurance does not cover implants and only covers 50% of denture costs.

Getting you canines sharpened are you Warlock. Oh no, sorry that was Dracula.

3 hours ago, Sluglord said:

Is this the one you were thinking of (third post from Bruno123)?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1244172-dental-implant-in-bangkok/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Forget Pattaya for an implant, goto Bangkok where the good facilities are.

I almost had a root canal re-done in Pattaya and no place had the microscope needed. I just goto Bangkok now.

Pretty sure the BHP can handle root canal work..... was your repair something special? How about the initial defective work that required a repair, where was that done?

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Op, have you considered a bridge? Much less invasive then an implant. It feels like they like to sell implants here and I'm always hearing about them, but they should be a last resort.

I'm not op but I wouldn't want a bridge. Only resort if I simply didn't have the money. Even my 90 yo mother got implants rather than partial denture. They suck and extra negative of must make you feel old af.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Sluglord said:

I'm not op but I wouldn't want a bridge. Only resort if I simply didn't have the money. Even my 90 yo mother got implants rather than partial denture. They suck and extra negative of must make you feel old af.

A bridge is not really a denture and they cost the same as an implant typically, it's a permanent restoration. Personally, I just don't like the idea of implants. You definately need to know all your options though, be sure to ask your dentist!

Some of the older guys in my condo building don't have anything, just missing teeth. That really makes them look old! They seem happy though so I guess one gets used to it.

The rates in Thailand are too high. They seem to think they are only competing with the  USA rates, I don't know about south America but the best rates as far as I know are eastern Europe such as Latvia or Slovakia. Two teeth you will break even on your two flights, more than two you will be thousands ahead.

The Dental Design Center next to Central Mall did a root canal on my girlfriends tooth, did a couple of fillings 18 months ago and she is happy with the work.

The prices are a little more than some places but they have advanced, quality equipment and do great work.

As for implant depending on your jaw bone strength and thickness will determine the cost.  If needed they may recommend PRP or Plasma Rich Platelet surgery.  

I am getting them done in Colombia now as I speak. I tried the clown show in Thailand. Over priced IMO.  

Over priced here but the quality is much better .  As soon as they see you are foreigner the price goes up in all these countries.

Went here a year ago November for a 4 piece bridge and over 2 months and more than 1/2 the cost it would have been in Canada (we are getting free dental eventually slowly easing law in with age/phases but not free for me yet). 

Professional place and my dentist was western educated. 

Will go back next week for one of my bi-annual cleanings.  

Pattaya International Dental Center

(price guide link included)

https://pidcdental.com/