New border checks for British UK to EU travel.

Ohhhhh, the humanity.

How dare the EU use biometrics in t his day age and age

The system is expected to cause significant delays. The Port of Dover has previously estimated the additional requirements were likely to add up to 10 minutes for a family of five in a vehicle on their first trip after the EES is introduced, compared with about 45-90 seconds.

What world do these people inhabit when up to 10 minutes is classed as a significant delay.

20 minutes ago, The Cyclist said:

Ohhhhh, the humanity.

How dare the EU use biometrics in t his day age and age

What world do these people inhabit when up to 10 minutes is classed as a significant delay.

It’s not likely to be ten minutes for travelers in vehicles who will each have to get out of the vehicle they are in, get scanned and then return to their vehicle.

The impact on travel through ports will only add to the delays at peak travel times.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

t’s not likely to be ten minutes for travelers in vehicles who will each have to get out of the vehicle they are in, get scanned and then return to their vehicle.

Did you read the part I quoted from the article that you linked ?

The system is expected to cause significant delays. The Port of Dover has previously estimated the additional requirements were likely to add up to 10 minutes for a family of five in a vehicle on their first trip after the EES isintroduced, compared with about 45-90 seconds.

Best get onto the Guardian and express your displeasure that they are peddling false information, as in your opinion it will take much longer.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Cyclist said:

Did you read the part I quoted from the article that you linked ?

Best get onto the Guardian and express your displeasure that they are peddling false information, as in your opinion it will take much longer.

Let’s go back to this ‘estimate’ when the peak travel period traffic jams show up again.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let’s go back to this ‘estimate’ when the peak travel period traffic jams show up again.

If you have an issue with the estimate, take your expert opinion to the Guardian, who are quoting both the Port of Dover and Eurotunnel and express in the strongest terms your utter disgust at the false information being peddled.

No point in barking at me, I couldn't give a ( deleted ).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Cyclist said:

If you have an issue with the estimate, take your expert opinion to the Guardian, who are quoting both the Port of Dover and Eurotunnel and express in the strongest terms your utter disgust at the false information being peddled.

No point in barking at me, I couldn't give a ( deleted ).

I get the impression it’s you doing the barking.

• Agree 1