Stories Of Good Thais?

pattyboy

It was rainy out, so I slowed down for a bunch of falangs waiting for a song taew the other day.

:D

I was waiting with some mates for a song taew while it was raining, and this rich bugger in his Merc slowed down. We thought he'd stop, but he just aimed at a puddle and drenched us. :o

I also gave accurate directions to a tourist some years ago.

:D

An interesting variety of stories. Thanks for the feedback.

I think too many of us tend to quickly criticize the way Thais do things, and perhaps the positive encounters people have told us about will help to keep things in perspective. Sorry to hear that some of those replying have nothing good to say. I find it hard to believe that if someone approaches life in the LOS with an open mind, they won't experience kindness and generosity at least occasionally.

I also think the question, "What nice things have you done for Thais?" is a fair one, but perhaps many people will hesitate to answer as it may seem boastful or self-serving.

Edited by pattyboy

Taxi driver went out of his way to return a wallet to a friends apartment after he left it in a car.

Thai colleagues will usually go out of their way to do anything for. Take you shopping, sort out food, translate etc etc.

Always polite and generous.

....but hang on, those last two are generalisations which are frowned upon here so disregard them. Let me think of more specifics.

Interesting thread. What nice things have you lot done for Thais?

Well if this counts as a nice thing , dug a new well for the village in isaan, hooked up a generator so parts of the villge had electicity, but I also did a bad thing too :D we started the first drinking hole in Pattaya :o Nignoy