Local authorities tried to ban angle parking outside our business. 3 weeks later it was all forgotten about.

advancebooking

13 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Its all parallel parking out here in the sticks because angle parking requires to major skill lacking among the local populace:

1.  The ability to reverse, and

2.  The ability to use mirrors aside from blackhead management.

Both require reversing.

In my opinion it takes a lot more skill to parallel park compared to angle parking.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Thais do not reverse parallel park, can only go front in.

Correct and if not enough room for a wide swing to get out you just double or triple park (its the old "I was here first" Thai rule.  Just lock it up and go shopping for the day and if a real  considerate Bangkokian leave it out of gear and handbrake off.

Edited by ThaiFelix

On 12/22/2023 at 6:30 AM, Bill97 said:

Oh not true.  A Thai backing into a parallel parking spot is often good entertainment.

Really?

On the other hand, when I was in the U.S. of A. Army, I liked driving the M35 2 1/2 ton (carry weight off road) Cargo truck (not trunk LOL).   Outside dimensions,  96 inches (2.4 m/ 8 ft.) wide and 277 inches (7.0 m/ 23 ft.) long.  I could and did park that thing, including parallel parking,  just about anywhere.

But, a regular vehicle, including my 19 ft. long RAM 1500 pick em up truck.   Watching me try to parallel park that thing, especially between other vehicles, now that's entertainment!

Edited by radiochaser