9 Karat Condo

stament

Does anyone live here or has anyone stayed here?

I'm interested to get feedback from people on their views of this place. Also how about location - is it ok or is it a little too far out? Do the baht buses go near here?

Thanks

It's next to Nirun, but unlike Nirun there are virtually no security and it is much more run down. Anyway, why don't you just visit both for yourself and make up your mind? It's plain to see the difference when you walk in there.

Hi there,

I lived at 9karat for a long time and I've found little bad to say about it. There is very good security and the problems of the past are just not found there anymore. I never saw anything "fishy" or suspect during my 1 year there. The staff are wonderful and the value is terrific in the best location in town. There's even various side roads if you want to avoid Klang altogether. Sukhumvit is mere minutes away. They also have a restaurant and motorbike rentals.

One side overlooks an elementary school. The other is a sea view. The sunset is unparalleled. The price is starting at 5000/month for a furnished rental. The pool is massive for those who enjoy doing laps. 24 hour in house uniformed Security runs to any calls to their private phone line. Just call out your room # and they come running in minutes. There's 2-3 guards on duty 24 hours a day. They have been helpful in countless ways.

Don't even compare 9karat to Nirun. News headlines aside, 9karat has a large team of cleaners mopping the corridors daily and always flash a smile in passing. The garbage disposal is discreet and tidy (unlike Nirun who leaves the large garbage bins in front of each main door which is offensive and smelly if I have to make just 1 comparison).

If you have any questions, ask me because I'm a 9karat survivor and I would stay there again with no hesitations. I don't like 9karat bashing because I feel it's often made by people who haven't lived there or are misinformed. I have no ownership there, just a satisfied customer. I'm one of many.

Hi there,

I lived at 9karat for a long time and I've found little bad to say about it. There is very good security and the problems of the past are just not found there anymore. I never saw anything "fishy" or suspect during my 1 year there. The staff are wonderful and the value is terrific in the best location in town. There's even various side roads if you want to avoid Klang altogether. Sukhumvit is mere minutes away. They also have a restaurant and motorbike rentals.

One side overlooks an elementary school. The other is a sea view. The sunset is unparalleled. The price is starting at 5000/month for a furnished rental. The pool is massive for those who enjoy doing laps. 24 hour in house uniformed Security runs to any calls to their private phone line. Just call out your room # and they come running in minutes. There's 2-3 guards on duty 24 hours a day. They have been helpful in countless ways.

Don't even compare 9karat to Nirun. News headlines aside, 9karat has a large team of cleaners mopping the corridors daily and always flash a smile in passing. The garbage disposal is discreet and tidy (unlike Nirun who leaves the large garbage bins in front of each main door which is offensive and smelly if I have to make just 1 comparison).

If you have any questions, ask me because I'm a 9karat survivor and I would stay there again with no hesitations. I don't like 9karat bashing because I feel it's often made by people who haven't lived there or are misinformed. I have no ownership there, just a satisfied customer. I'm one of many.

well said, I am typing from there now, been here for 2 years, it amazes me how people post here giving advice when they actually don't know any more than the OP, some people just like to be heard it seems, 9 karat has a few minor issues but doesn't everywhere,

POSITIVE ............

good location

good security (cctv throughout)

friendly staff

good facilities (pool, shop, poolside resturant, laundry, fitness suite, wifi if you're close to my room)

cheap

nice views from high floors facing west

NEGATIVE

Some room renovating going on continuously (sometimes very noisy although time limited after 12pm only)

some maintenance issues (lifts etc)

parking for bikes open to weather for most (my Honda Blackbird exposed to rain)

Anyone else wants to comment please do so only if you has first hand experience yourself

It's next to Nirun, but unlike Nirun there are virtually no security and it is much more run down. Anyway, why don't you just visit both for yourself and make up your mind? It's plain to see the difference when you walk in there.

Gee Phil never thought of that!! I don't mind walking but I think from London it's a tad far wouldn't you say?

I put the post up as I can't visit there at the moment. I did look at their website and it looked quite nice but wanted some feedback

Thanks for the reply

Gee Phil never thought of that!! I don't mind walking but I think from London it's a tad far wouldn't you say?

I put the post up as I can't visit there at the moment. I did look at their website and it looked quite nice but wanted some feedback

Thanks for the reply

Dont worry about thinking; Phil did not do that anyhow. He is still buying his Niran Grand Condo perfect deal apartment and lecturing us on "blah blah" (as he eloquently put it). Oh, Phil, did you say you never entered the Karat? And did you mean you just post advise on your sun glasses tainted vision? Just kidding, always love to learn more from your deep rooted wisdom.

Does anyone know for how much the karat condos sell now? I dont mean the agents' prices posted on the web.

THX

I lived in 9 Karot for 18 months. I was on 8th floor with lovely sea views over Pattaya bay and Pratumnak Area. Good night time views looking to Pattaya Park. I was happy there. Found it pretty quiet. Security is good I must say. Keycard entry system and the guards are pretty hot, no card and they don't recognise you, you don't get in. Problem is so many of the people leave the door open. Excellent swimming pool and spotlessly clean. My parents were over this year and stayed with me and they kept going on about how clean the pool was. Also, as already stated the cleaners are out every day cleaning the public areas. The location is very good I think.

There are alot of snobs out there, don't let them put you off. I think its a good place to stay. I will say that inside it feels a little Thai and that is why some are put off. But for the amount you pay it is a nice place offering good value. The only reason I am not there now is because I moved my business to a shophouse and now live above the office!

I have been to Karat about one year ago and reported what I saw then. I can't imagine it has changed that dramatically in one year. Do you want pictures?

Nah seen the pictures on their website. I'll just check it out when I go there in October.

Where else would you recommend then if not 9Karat Phil in the same area?

I have been to Karat about one year ago and reported what I saw then. I can't imagine it has changed that dramatically in one year. Do you want pictures?

Phil so you base your total opinion on the corridors to the rooms and some photos you took, I have yet to be in a condo building that looks like a hotel, in 9 karat I have seen some of the most luxuriuos rooms ever, 90sqm with marble fittings and floors and a beautiful sea veiw, as already mentioned the building and facilities are well looked after, it probaly needs a lick of paint which doesn't seem to bother anyone but you, but I don't live in the corridor, I think the opinion of people living there is of more value than from someone who stepped inside for an hour and took a few pictures of the corridors, so stop trying to defend your worthless post ....................enough said.

Phil so you base your total opinion on the corridors to the rooms and some photos you took, I have yet to be in a condo building that looks like a hotel, in 9 karat I have seen some of the most luxuriuos rooms ever, 90sqm with marble fittings and floors and a beautiful sea veiw, as already mentioned the building and facilities are well looked after, it probaly needs a lick of paint which doesn't seem to bother anyone but you, but I don't live in the corridor, I think the opinion of people living there is of more value than from someone who stepped inside for an hour and took a few pictures of the corridors, so stop trying to defend your worthless post ....................enough said.

OK I give in - show me the photo's Jerry!!

I guess like anywhere who has their own website they're going to put the best phoot's on there - even if they don't resemble current situation

Hi there,

Hi mate,

Tried to PM you but blocked. You said you were moving in and would give me an update of what it's like. Would be grateful if you could.

Cheers

What update do you want. I posted here already (page 1) and you my experiences. I only moved out 2 months ago.

Shagwell said he was going to give me an update when he moved in.

I see they rent by the month - would they do short term rentals of say 2 weeks? Also do the rooms have safes and linen or do yo uhave to provide your own? Tried emailing them on a number of occassions but no response. Some pictures would be good too. I know the website has them but quite often rooms deteriorate and owners don't update the photo's to reflect the current situation.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have lived at 9 Karat for three years, first as a renter now as an owner. Have a great recommendation compared to the many horror stories of other condo projects. I have now moved to the North for work and have a beautiful newly remodeled 32 sq. mtr unit with built-in furniture and kitchenette for less than 1 mln. Baht. that I might sell. If interested email me for details and photos.

John

There are alot of snobs out there, don't let them put you off. I think its a good place to stay. I will say that inside it feels a little Thai and that is why some are put off.

I stayed at the Diana Condo for a bit over a year. I hate air-con so I made a habit of leaving my front door and the balcony slider open. I would get the strangest "why you doing that?" looks. A Scot who worked on a North Sea drilling rig lived across from me. One day he asked why my door was always open.

"Convenient for the ladies," I said. After surveying my age, girdth, looks, etc he grinned. Then I told the truth.

From that time on he left his doors open as well. We had a great breeze and some nice talks. Only guy in the place I ever has a conversation with .. except for the laundry and mini-mart folks.

• 8 months later...

Was thinking to move to 9 Karat Condo but read a very negative review on another forum, stating that new management has cut on maintenance (receptionists working also as janitors) and there are frequent water shortages. Is that true ?

I went there and was quoted 8,500 baht for a monthly rent of a basic furnitured room.That's a steep increase from the 5,000 quoted before in this thread. It appears new management has forbidden owners to advertise their rooms for rent at the reception and now you can rent only from the condo staff.

Anyway should I buy there I would like to put on a fixed phone line with ADSL. Do you think that could be arranged quickly ? Or the phone line condonimium box is full and no further fixed lines are available ? (at View Talay I had to wait 2 years to get the phone line)