Thai Birth Rates Hit 71-Year Low, Government Vows to Address Societal Challenges

webfact

There are too many people already, if we were talking about other species there would be justifiable reasons for a cull.  resources are finite, the human race cannot be allowed to continue breed uncontrollably.  Its the elephant in the room that nobody dares to mention,  Much easier to talk about "climate change" than to address the real issue

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

so are you volunteering to assist in the upbringing of kids whose parents can't afford to raise?  what's all that about...weirdo

I already do.

And I'll volunteer to assist in culling the herd if it's made up of people like you. 

Weirdo indeed. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

I already do.

And I'll volunteer to assist in culling the herd if it's made up of people like you. 

Weirdo indeed. 

You encourage  others to bring up children,they can't afford,  i bet you feed pigeons too, you are part of the problem you need help,  or locking up

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You encourage  others to bring up children,they can't afford,  i bet you feed pigeons too, you are part of the problem you need help,  or locking up

People afford what they want. After you have a child, everything else is just stuff. 

I feel sorry for narrow-minded people like you, and that you want to lock up the people you disagree with does not surprise me. 

Yeah, I love pigeons, but I don't feed them, we hunt them with pellet rifles. The boys love it. 

Now go update your feed or whatever with pictures of your breakfast or whatnot. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We all do mate, it's called taxation and benefits!

That is unfortunately sad but true, and we have little say in the matter. All i can do is employ an accountant in an attempt to pay as little as possible.

So birth rates are dropping , is that a bad thing in a world of finite resources ?    surely the  way forward would be to make more effective and efficient use of the (human) resources that are available.   The word sustainability springs to mind

I can't comment on the rest of the world, but if the figures are to be believed , the UK alone  has around 3 million unemployed at present, and if the predictions are true, about Artificial intelligence and technology in general will reducing the number of workers required for many industries that 3 million is only going to increase, 

The global powers that be, with few exceptions, have  all been persuaded to jump on the climate change bandwagon, and  rightly or wrongly, difficult and unpopular decisions are being made "for the benefit of humanity"

Its glaringly obvious that the overpopulation of the planet is also becoming a major problem, sooner or later, uncontrolled breeding will have to be addressed and similar unpalatable decisions will need to be made, the longer this is ignored the more unpalatable the actions required will become. 

It will be interesting to see how the human "rights" types will balance the right to breed over the destruction of the planet 

Climate change remains somewhat controversial , figures and statistics abound,  there are still  many unknowns, and many "experts" have differing opinions  However when food and water become insufficient to sustain everybody ,   things are going to get a bit less ambiguous.

• Agree 1

I am not in agreement that the population needs to keep on growing, in Thailand or anywhere. We got on fine when the population was a bit smaller and will top s when it gets a bit smaller again. This is just another 'manufactured crisis' to get readers of clicks.