Forum upgrade in progress! ×

divorce

Haza

thai wife came to England on a spouse visa , it was not extended ,  she returned to thai then went to another country to stay with another guy   , l went to see her in the village , but she was playing away   , has now returned & wants a divorce !

l live UK altho now on holiday in thai.

what if l ignore her request ?

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

thai wife came to England on a spouse visa , it was not extended ,  she returned to thai then went to another country to stay with another guy   , l went to see her in the village , but she was playing away   , has now returned & wants a divorce !

l live UK altho now on holiday in thai.

what if l ignore her request ?

I suggest you sober up and then get the divorce. Why you'd want to draw this out I have no idea. Find another woman who appreciates you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, still kicking said:

Maybe she read on You-Tube how to deceive a farang?

I just looked at that thread, but either way, as long as no kids are involved the OP should celebrate that he will be rid of her soon. I know there's always an emotional investment, but I hope he will let logic dictate rather than let the emotions drag him down to a bad place. There are so many great women here. The world is his oyster again. 

• Agree 2

You need to get divorced where you got married. If you ignore her request then divorce unlikely. Not sure of any financial responsibilities you might have if getting divorced or staying married. If the relationship is over then move on and get a divorce.

9 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

You need to get divorced where you got married. If you ignore her request then divorce unlikely. Not sure of any financial responsibilities you might have if getting divorced or staying married. If the relationship is over then move on and get a divorce.

thanks... 

l think traditionally couples were required to divorce at the same amphur where they registered their marriage but now can get the uncontested divorce in an amphur different from where the marriage is registered.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, petermik said:

Ignore her unless she offers money LOL.

Give her the divorce, before she wants money.   Never complicate simple things.  Be happy it's behind you.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

On 12/27/2023 at 1:21 PM, BritManToo said:

As there's a new foreign guy on the scene, I'd ask him to pay 250kbht for you to agree to the divorce.

thanks for mixed comment guys ; as was said l should just divorce but emotional aspects , self pity , not wanting to help etc present .

7yrs invested + giving money ; no children , £8k visas ,£10k to building her a home , 2.5 yrs in UK with me before changes in her & all take led to her return to thai  

l live UK so not sure if l do or don't divorce affects me .. agent said marriage not registered at BrEmbassy/block her

Probably wants divorce to get another visa to return to other guys country
[ so yea did think about him contributing ! ; & yea good luck to him !! )
  • Like 1

If the house was bought AFTER the signed marriage, she owes you 1/2 the money for the current value of it.

If so, you can negotiate; pay you the money or no divorce. If she wait the (3) years then go to court you still will get a judgement that she must pay 1/2 the value of it.

If NOT BEFORE THE MARRIAGE, she owes you nothing for it, and as others say on here, give her the divorce and walk away. 

She can hang around for the (3) years and get the divorce anyway in court here.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 6:51 AM, node said:

If the house was bought AFTER the signed marriage, she owes you 1/2 the money for the current value of it.

If so, you can negotiate; pay you the money or no divorce. If she wait the (3) years then go to court you still will get a judgement that she must pay 1/2 the value of it.

If NOT BEFORE THE MARRIAGE, she owes you nothing for it, and as others say on here, give her the divorce and walk away. 

She can hang around for the (3) years and get the divorce anyway in court here.

thanks node ..

me holiday thailand , then l return UK..

she with guy in India now..

so cannot attend amphur together at this time ..

no proof of my paying for house build apart from large transfers via western union etc

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2023 at 6:29 AM, alien365 said:

I suggest you sober up and then get the divorce. Why you'd want to draw this out I have no idea. Find another woman who appreciates you. 

Don't find another woman and marry her. Just have a good time till you don't, then move on.

Fixed it for you.

For the OP, if you can get her to agree to an uncontested divorce get to the amphur office ASAP. If married it may affect your pension.

You have to be both present at the amphur.

On 12/27/2023 at 5:25 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, of course you do realize that you cannot obtain extensions based on marriage even if you do not divorce.

Don't understand why you are even asking about not divorcing.

She has moved onto greener (more wealthy) pastures. 

If old enough he can get them based on retirement. My Non O was obtained based on marriage, but I always extended based on retirement.

If currently extending based on marriage probably a good idea to get one based on retirement BEFORE getting divorced.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 12/29/2023 at 5:19 AM, Haza said:

7yrs invested + giving money ; no children , £8k visas ,£10k to building her a home ,

Call it a lesson and don't do it again.

I lost a lot, but at least I never built her the house she wanted.