Sick Plant

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

My plant is unhealthy. See all those brown areas on the leaves? Is that something to do with the soil or lack of water? I am using a living soiless mix for the soil.

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

Strip away all the brown leaves.  Problem solved? Not yet. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4185651597-s16463505628.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Your plants need to eat too.

What I do is water the plants thoroughly. Then let that water drain. Mix some plant food in a big bottle and pour some into every plant. Do it in that order. 

1703498615864.jpg

Edited by DudleySquat

Posted (edited)

According to this it could be the tap water I'm using. I don't think it's natural browning because it seems to be happening too quickly to be natural, even though there are new sprouts coming in that are all green. I will try adding some compost to the soiless mix because it does fell a little dry and not very rich. The roots may have a problem growing into the mix somehow since it's not very dense. I will also start using water from the drinking water machine instead of tap water.

https://bloomscape.com/common-issue/why-are-the-tips-of-my-palm-turning-brown/#:~:text=Both too much and too,excess water from the saucer.

Edited by JimTripper

On 12/30/2023 at 12:25 AM, Georgealbert said:

You sure you have not been talking to it too much, maybe it only wants to be with locals.

Could be part of it. Plants have FEELINGS. 

Could also be that he listens to crappy music. 

Scientific studies have shown that plants have died when exposed to heavy metal music.

So my advice is stop listening to AC/DC and play some Beethoven in the background and plants won't commit suicide. 

• Thumbs Up 1