Thank you Aseannow

ezzra

8 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

You said "AsiaNow", but the name of this website is "ASEANNow". (ASEAN is the acronym for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations".

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why, what is wrong with the tile? Is the grammar incorrect, or the intended recipients are wrong? please be more succinct

And there is nothing wrong with the "tile" either.  But your appreciation is noted, and seconded!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Well, as a start, they are the ones who permit idiots to post 'sad' or 'confused' emoticons, that means absolutely nothing, that contributes nothing to the site.

These idiots should be banned from AseanNow, and these stupid emoticons, removed from the site.

When, oh when will this happen???

On second thought, these two emoticons could be useful after all.

They could be used to identify the idiots who uses them, and slowly but surely, ban them from this site.

Someone uses one, one Mod should be tasked to remove the idiot from the site. And then the site would be used typically by people with an IQ of more than 100.

It is not their fault that they are not smart, but they should be made to show that they are idiots amongst themselves.

Let's make AseanNow great again.... (smile) :smile:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

...and these stupid emoticons, removed from the site.

When, oh when will this happen???

It did happen not so long ago but, due to popular demand, had to be re-introduced with extra emojis.   Why do the "stupid", anonymous emojis bother you so much, who cares about what other AN posters think of your posts, they're only AN members, after all!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It did happen not so long ago but, due to popular demand, had to be re-introduced with extra emojis.   Why do the "stupid", anonymous emojis bother you so much, who cares about what other AN posters think of your posts, they're only AN members, after all!

If they can be identified it would be great!

I love those brave souls who hide behind the anonymity!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sluglord said:

I will never forget nor forgive all the COVID disinformation posted here by a few posters and how any discussion was shut down immediately. Of course, everything on the forum and it's phony fact check sites turned out to be utterly false as common sense was so plain to see. So, no thanks

All the pro gay hysteria and tranny rubbish made this forum absolutely toxic to be normal. It's toned down, but still exists.

Any criticism of Jews and Israel despite the genocide in Gaza.

Nothing of any real value is posted any more. Old posters long gone 

Trump is an idiot, but the anti democratic forces on the board coupled with woke news make reading "news" posts generally unbearable. In the end they are all too stupid to see the larger picture, especially the democratic picture because they are all fascists 

All the ads now!! Insane. It's soooo slow.

Website is just a hangout for homosexuals and disinformation. 

Removal of emojis

Morons that report anything that simply goes against their gay agenda. I don't like your opinion.. your on report! That coupled with homosexual mods was really ez to see the BS. For shame. PinkMist remember that Mod?? 

You seem to express your opinions, in kind of an hysterical way, while wanting to suppress other's opinions on this site. Covid, Gays, fascists, hangout for homosexuals, hehe. Wow. As if AseanNow is the major influence in this world on these subjects. Take what you feel is helpful, and disregard the rest. Like those stupid emoticons hehe.

Readers have the right to read opinions, and make their own opinion from it, and al other sources.

Some of the things you say, I agree with, particularly the 'ads', which are just pollution on the site, the way it takes over the screens.

But then a genocide in Gaza, you must be very ill informed...

And Trump, as if anyone could be worse than Biden.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because as you rightly indicate, they are 'stupid'.

Because there is a hope for additional information with the use of these emoticons. Support, and the absence of any emoticon, simply means that there the information provided did not seem to be helpful to other members.

And we all know that the 'stupid' ones are used by people who actually just want to pollute the site, as they are never mean to provide any useful feedback. Notifications are used to indicate feedback on posts, and the pollution is mingled into these notifications.

And these emoticons are allowed to be used again and again.

Get rid of them....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

You seem to express your opinions, in kind of an hysterical way, while wanting to suppress other's opinions on this site. Covid, Gays, fascists, hangout for homosexuals, hehe. Wow. As if AseanNow is the major influence in this world on these subjects. Take what you feel is helpful, and disregard the rest. Like those stupid emoticons hehe.

Readers have the right to read opinions, and make their own opinion from it, and al other sources.

Some of the things you say, I agree with, particularly the 'ads', which are just pollution on the site, the way it takes over the screens.

But then a genocide in Gaza, you must be very ill informed...

And Trump, as if anyone could be worse than Biden.

Yo Andre, you're not starting the year on the right footing, even an innocent Thank you get you all riled up 

bringing all sorts of BS, take it easy son, it's only a platform to air our thought here and if its

too much for you and you read things that are not there, well, you know what to do yes?...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Andre0720 said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because as you rightly indicate, they are 'stupid'.

No, I did not indicate that they are "stupid", I used that word quoting youyou said "these stupid emoticons"!...

"

15 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

..., and these stupid emoticons, removed from the site.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Sluglord said:
11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is that you coming out the closet ?

Are you making an official announcement ?

This is comically stupid.

And that comment was comically ironic, Sluglord!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Take what you feel is helpful, and disregard the rest. Like those stupid emoticons hehe.

Readers have the right to read opinions, and make their own opinion from it,

Jesus, the hypocrisy.   

You've been bashing those who use emojis as a way of expressing opinions, so why don't you take your own advice and "take what you feel is helpful, and disregard the rest"?!  As you also wrote, readers have the right to read opinions, and make their own opinion from it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

The ads ensue that the forum exists.  If the ads weren't there your free entertainment wouldn't be there, either.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

On 12/31/2023 at 7:24 AM, ezzra said:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the owners of this site for providing us all with a valuable platform to share, give and receive, 

a place where we learn a lot, ask for advise and help others, a place where we argue, vent and agree to disagree,

Many thanks to the Mods for keeping this site civil and orderly, and of course to all the members on both sides of the divide...

And can you ask the owners for less ads. please 🙏

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yo Andre, you're not starting the year on the right footing, even an innocent Thank you get you all riled up 

bringing all sorts of BS, take it easy son, it's only a platform to air our thought here and if its

too much for you and you read things that are not there, well, you know what to do yes?...

Yo ezzra-tic,

You obviously got riled up using a narrative that does not describe my words, intentions, or frame of mind.

So you bring all sorts of BS that was not in my narrative, only in yours. An "innocent Thank you", where do you get that from. I never wrote that.

So if you are not happy about me airing my thoughts, you can go, can go, oh dear, I just cannot find a polite way to air my thoughts about you in this instance.

My apologies for my shortcomings here....  :sleep:

Happy New Year....

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...ban them from this site."

"...to remove the idiot from the site".

Why would you suggest that if you are being rational?  How does using a facility provided by the forum make the users "idiots" and why should they be "banned from the site"?  Is it because you don't approve of other members' opinions that they see some of your comments as "confusing" or "sad"? 

If you want to ban members from the forum for using a forum facility to express their opinions of your comments wouldn't it be fair for you to also be banned from the site for expressing your opinions?  Perhaps your opinions are better or more justified than those of everyone else?

Not so.

These emoticons, sad and confused, can in no way be interpreted as an opinion.

There in no added value contained n those emoticons.

The users of these 2 emoticons know that, and use them just as a game.

So I say that these emoticons are stupid, and so would the users be.

When I do not fully understand a poster, I might ask for some clarification, in order to gain more understanding.

The idiots will never ask to get their confusion to be clarified, b e c a u s e do do not post these emoticons for that purpose.

And that is why I see these emoticons as useless.

Just like having keys on a keyboard that do nothing.

Someone somewhere will suggest that it is stupid to kkep these keys, and perhapŝ, perhaps should be eliminated...

And sadly, yes sadly :smile:, some members will post a 'confused' emoticon on this...

• Confused 5
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1