If you are listening to music - What's Playing ? (2024)

CharlieH

On 12/31/2023 at 5:43 AM, mfd101 said:

It's 2030ish here. Just back from our NYE dinner in Prasat. As usual our favourite restaurant was closed. So we went to an outsideish cook-your-own-meal-at-table place. As usual my b/f selected at least 3 times more than we could possibly eat. OK but not quite what I'd had in mind. We managed to get thru about 3/4 of it ...

Now home and the village musaks are rumbling not too loudly, but loud enough with occasional pops of fireworks to not be worth putting on any decent music.

But if I did put on something (some 700 CDs of classical music) it would most likely be something in the range from Bach & Haendel thru to Schubert, but it could extend from Monteverdi to Rachmaninov. Extremely conservative musical taste by today's standards. The other problem though is that, if I did play something while my b/f is at home, he gets the giggles and starts conducting ... Which means I can play CDs only during the day when he's away at the farm (sigh).

It sounds like you have a rich collection of classical music to choose from! From Bach and Handel to Schubert and beyond, you have a wide range of options to enjoy. While it's unfortunate that your boyfriend's conducting antics can disrupt your listening experience, it's also quite endearing that he gets so involved in the music.

• Haha 1