Uni Philippines Open Univeristy degree in Thailand.

The Open University branch of the University of the Philippines has a distance BES, BA of Education Studies.

https://fed.upou.edu.ph/undergraduate/bachelor-of-education-studies/

I've been in contact with them and as a native English speaking (not a requirement afaik) EU national that is based in Thailand, I can be accepted onto the BA course as an international distance learner. The same as people do with the UK Open University.

The cost is obviously much, much lower that the UK OU. The price of the full degree is only around 90,00THB plus fees etc that may double it.

UP is obviously a massive and legit university with 55,000 students, I believe it is the biggest and main uni in the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_the_Philippines

It is basically a cost efficient way to get a (distance) degree while based in Thailand.

I'm not interested in Bruce's Paris University.

The main query is getting confirmation that they are fully accepted in Thailand by the department of education and labor, to be legally employed as a teacher with WP, visa and importantly the social security health care system that one can remain in for life after 12 months of legal employment.

Is there an online database to check that they are accepted by all the Thai offices?

Does anybody have experience of hiring or working with a teacher with an UPOU degree?

I presume it being an OU degree has no effect on how accredited it is.

Also, I doubt it, but does anybody have experience of studying with the UPOU?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 11:08 AM, SiamTee said:

I'm not interested in Bruce's Paris University.

if this bruce guy is the one i think... out of khosamet, he runs bogus schemes and the degrees he helps people get are worth less than tissue.

i knew this guy who got a degree outta bkk at one of mr bruce'sa recommended schools. the guy never had to go to class and he didnt even have a high school degree. maybe that is what you want?

12 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

if this bruce guy is the one i think... out of khosamet, he runs bogus schemes and the degrees he helps people get are worth less than tissue.

i knew this guy who got a degree outta bkk at one of mr bruce'sa recommended schools. the guy never had to go to class and he didnt even have a high school degree. maybe that is what you want?

https://puie.ac/overview/

I believe he's talking about this guy, he started the course at Thongsook, then moved to Siam Tec ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a final answer? I asked Krusapa regarding a similar matter. They never specifically answered  my question, but recommended 3 or 4 universities that are recognized.

No real answer, but I did a teaching course of a Philippine university and did not the diploma recognized. All in all, I am still teaching unqualified. Buyer be ware!

Edited by MarcelV