30 day extension at Rayong...

1 hour ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Does anyone here have recent experience of a 30 day extension (UK passport) at Rayong immigration? I'm staying near U-Tapao, and figure Rayong is probably a bit quieter and more convenient than Jomtien.

You answered your own question. Inside  door no 1 they have a desk where you can have photo taken 100 baht and copies as needed. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the replies, guys.

Yeah, I'm wondering about whether a Rayong TM30 will be required, and whether it will cause any problems. I want to leave it to the last day, to maximise my stay, but don't want to end up being in limbo because of trying to do it in Rayong. Jomtien's a PITA though, and agents want 4K to do the dirty work and bypass the great unwashed. The money's not a problem, but the principle is! :wacko:

20 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Thank you for the replies, guys.

Yeah, I'm wondering about whether a Rayong TM30 will be required, and whether it will cause any problems. I want to leave it to the last day, to maximise my stay, but don't want to end up being in limbo because of trying to do it in Rayong. Jomtien's a PITA though, and agents want 4K to do the dirty work and bypass the great unwashed. The money's not a problem, but the principle is! :wacko:

The 30 days are added to your current permission to stay, so you don't lose anything by doing the extension early.

On 1/6/2024 at 1:23 PM, Sophon said:

The 30 days are added to your current permission to stay, so you don't lose anything by doing the extension early.

Yeah, what I mean is if immigration at Rayong get a bit funny that I don't have a Rayong TM30, it may cause me issues. I could go on the Friday, and then I have Monday (the last day) to go to Jomtien, just in case. In all my years travelling here, I've seen immigration refuse things for the most inane of reasons. I've had them give me 30 days from the date I visited immigration in the past (admittedly, only once), and there's no point in trying to reason with them. They love the power!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • was just there last week.
  • EAGLE  eye  there spotted a difference between marriage cert and passport.
  • so have your ducks in order.
  • I would get the TM 30  a day or two ahead before getting the extension.
  • charged 500 B for it. 
  • I assume you came in on a visa on arrival 30 days type.
  • If I have all my  so called ducks in order it is usually a smooth operation.