Couple of queries regarding a Non-O Dependent Spouse Visa

So, it's good news to kick things off - I got engaged over the NY period

This is great, as it will allow me to get my partner a dependent visa, alongside my own (I'm on a Work Permit/Non-B)

There's a slight complication, in that I'm a dual national.

My current Thai visa is in my Irish passport

I'm planning to get married in Japan (to Japanese national) and due to a range of bureaucratic headaches, this marriage will see me use my UK passport 

This means that the marriage certificate will have - My Name + Nationality = British

But I'll be making my further extensions with my Irish Passport, and planning to use this to make the Non-O (Spouse/Dependent) visa for my fiancee

Is this likely to cause issues/problems or confusion at Thai Immigration?

Can I get around this by declaring both passports?

Would it be better to let my current extension run it's course, and then begin afresh with my UK passport?

Thanks - appreciate any input into a tricky/unique situation

Hmmm, I'l let more wordly people answer your question but unless things have changed, Thai's don't seem to 'get' the idea that someone can have 2 passports - even though lots of Thai females do. So my guess would be that you'll have problems. Much easier if you rearrange things so that your visa and wp are on your UK passport if you can't use your Irish one in Japan.  Don't forget that this problem may crop up each year.

A little different I know but.......as a UK passport holder you may know that its quite legal to have 2 UK passports if you can show that you have a need them.  There is no dediceted application method for that by the way.  Anyway, Many years ago I had a need for 2 passports and obtained a second UK passport.  Completely by mistake I got both of them out of my bum bag on arrival at Don Mueang.

Jeez, there was such a fuss, I was hauled away and almost arrested. They thought that I was some kind of criminal and at least one of the passports must be a fake  - I was given a proper grilling.  Thankfully I had arrived on a daytime flight and this was in the days when you could actually get to speak to someone at the Brtish Embassy.  A call was made and confirmation that both my passports were legit was given. I was still there for about 4 hours though.