Corn flakes with no sugar!

On 1/6/2024 at 3:42 AM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

What about the regular kellogs or nestle cornflakes sold everywhere? Even in 7-11. It doesn't taste sweet to me.

10 grams of sugar per 100 grams.

https://www.tops.co.th/en/kelloggs-cereal-cornflakes-500g-8852756346053

There are no-sugar corn flakes, not sure of any are imported to Thailand.

15 hours ago, petermik said:

I like me Oats in the mornings......:thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have oats in my multi grain muesli.

Not the same Oats JT.......

I read somewhere that "kellog" himself was some sort of puritanical Quaker and  he invented cornflakes as part of his anti masturbatory crusade.

The link below seems to confirm this, and there are others.   How bizarre

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/corn-flakes-originally-created-to-clear-the-mind-of-sinful-thoughts/news-story/d22e8e7b8ed307347551c74131da4c13

Do the sugar free ones have the same intended effect ?  

I wish I had known about this in my youth , as I would not need to wear glasses when reading 

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

I read somewhere that "kellog" himself was some sort of puritanical Quaker and  he invented cornflakes as part of his anti masturbatory crusade.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/corn-flakes-originally-created-to-clear-the-mind-of-sinful-thoughts/news-story/d22e8e7b8ed307347551c74131da4c13

I wish I had known about this in my youth , as I would not need to wear glasses when reading 

Yep.

Grape nuts too.

Their theory didn’t work.

In the past people were put away as insane for masturbation.

23 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The article does not support the claim, it just makes the claim. 

• Haha 2

Having cereal is just about the worst thing you can wake up to in the morning. It will give you a quick sugar high followed by a long episode of fatigue, it will make you feel hungry and moody. Stop. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Having cereal is just about the worst thing you can wake up to in the morning. It will give you a quick sugar high followed by a long episode of fatigue, it will make you feel hungry and moody. Stop. 

I'm having mostly whole grains in 1/2 cup of no sugar multigrain muesli and that's very healthy.

Also nuts, seeds, and sliced fruit.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/whole-grains/art-20047826

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

and chocolaty!

I eat cereal every morning have done so most of my life.

Mix the Big C granola with a few spoons of Kelloggs or Nestle cornflakes.

Tried a few times the coco pops (it does not taste at all like chocolate) even reduced to one spoon and it still makes the mixture too sweet.

On 1/5/2024 at 9:51 PM, Jingthing said:

Well clearly the sugary stuff is popular because almost every cereal sold in groceries is like that. To me that stuff is for kids with parents that don't know anything about nutrition. 

a8qRNG6_460swp.webp.3af5ef4ace1c1344a065cf46d58061e9.webp

• Haha 1

Avoiding sugar is always a good thing especially when it comes to the first meal of the day, allowing your sugar levels to spike in the morning is not smart. Can you perhaps provide us with a link to the particular brand that you're referring to? Inwouks sure buy some. I do recall that German brand I used to buy it sugar free, but I haven't seen the sugarless variety in many years. Perhaps that's a tough sell in Thailand? 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Avoiding sugar is always a good thing especially when it comes to the first meal of the day, allowing your sugar levels to spike in the morning is not smart. Can you perhaps provide us with a link to the particular brand that you're referring to? Inwouks sure buy some. I do recall that German brand I used to buy it sugar free, but I haven't seen the sugarless variety in many years. Perhaps that's a tough sell in Thailand? 

Do what I do, I just eat fruits in the morning don't have lunch (because I get up late) and just a small dinner, I am not overweight or obese, don't drink spirits or beer but enjoy a few glasses of red wine at night.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah grocery shelf space is limited. There isn't much space if any for sugar free cereals.

At Lazada search 

คอร์นเฟลคตราซันเกรนส์ บรรจุ 1 กิโลกรัม

• Thanks 1

are the mass market brand actually adding sugar in plain cornflakes? or are they just in the grains naturally 

if you chew them plain any carbohydrates of course it's gonna turn sweet in your mouth due to saliva breaking them down 

22 minutes ago, digbeth said:

are the mass market brand actually adding sugar in plain cornflakes? or are they just in the grains naturally 

if you chew them plain any carbohydrates of course it's gonna turn sweet in your mouth due to saliva breaking them down 

The Nestle brand, second ingredient is 'sugar' so I think yes, it is added

"INGREDIENTS. Cereal Grains [Corn Semolina, Wholegrain Corn (28.6%)], Sugar, Honey (3.0%), Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Reduced Iron), Extract of Malt Barley (gluten) and Starch, Glucose Syrup, Iodized Salt (Sodium Chloride, Potassium Iodate), Palm Oil, Stabilizer [Trisodium Phosphate INS339"

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2024 at 9:20 PM, Jingthing said:

Impossible to find in groceries. 

Years ago there was an imported German brand but they cost more than the sweet ones!

Anyway there is a source now on Lazada.

A whopping entire kilo for 164 baht (plus shipping).

The plastic bag is so big you'll need need to buy plastic containers to store all the product once opened.

Yes they're corn flakes. Yes there is no sugar. You can make sweeter with fresh fruit, or whatever.

At Lazada search 

คอร์นเฟลคตราซันเกรนส์ บรรจุ 1 กิโลกรัม

Sorry... I thought this topic was all about the Hateful 8