Best Printer under 10,000 Baht

Cardano

Currently have HP Inktank wireless 410 but have had nothing but problems with it. So now looking for new printer and thinking as I only print about 200 pages per year that maybe cartridge printer is the way to go.

My budget is a max of 10,000 Baht, any recommendations?

Just now, Yellowtail said:

I think laser is better for infrequent use. 

I have a Brother DCP L3551CDW color copy, print & scan, and it's been great, but about $16,500

Did you not read that the OP's budget is under 10,000Baht?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

That's why I qualified it by including the price. I agree with you, monochrome laser would be better for him, but I do not have one to recommend. 

I had a tank printer before the DCP L3551CDW and nothing but problems. 

Sorry!

I agree as I have not included a model in my response as mine is probably no longer manufactured!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have three printers - all canon with cartridges.

My accountant does a lot of printing, so I originally bought one with ink tanks (Canon again).

Nothing but trouble.

I only print about 6 pages a day max on both of my printers. Now and again, I will print a 'Welcome folder' - about 12 pages.

The three canon printers have been golden. E470's. With a scan option. Perfect for casual printing. Even the 'paper wasting' accountant loves the reliability.

They are clunky and not ultra quick but easy to install and only 3,000 baht.

Before these, I had a Canon MX366 with a scanner and fax options. Had it for about 12 years. No problems. Sadly, Windows 11 does not support it and so it is sitting there unloved, looking for a new home.

51 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Do you need to print in colour?

If not, given the low number of pages per year that you print, I would suggest a monochrome laser printer as there are no fluids/nozzles to get blocked due to lack of use as there are with inkjets.

I should have added that although the initial purchase price of a Laser will be greater than that of an inkjet, over the years it will be more economical and reliable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Do you need to print in colour?

If not, given the low number of pages per year that you print, I would suggest a monochrome laser printer as there are no fluids/nozzles to get blocked due to lack of use as there are with inkjets.

Yes need colour, also scan and copy

3 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Yes need colour, also scan and copy

Colour inkjets are less expensive than colour Lasers.

What percentage is colour? would using home monochrome for the majority and an Internet cafe for colour work out?

5 baht a page (color is more) at the local Kodak shop. And when you get to know the owner you can email him the docs to print. So your 200 pages per year costs 1000 baht. No cartridge issues, no paper issues, no space issues on your desk.

I surely don't understand why anyone needs a printer at their house. 

Edited by gargamon
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, gargamon said:

5 baht a page (color is more) at the local Kodak shop. And when you get to know the owner you can email him the docs to print. So your 200 pages per year costs 1000 baht. No cartridge issues, no paper issues, no space issues on your desk.

I surely don't understand why anyone needs a printer at their house. 

Convenience, you still need to go to the shop to pick up your prints!

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:26 PM, Cardano said:

Currently have HP Inktank wireless 410 but have had nothing but problems with it. So now looking for new printer and thinking as I only print about 200 pages per year that maybe cartridge printer is the way to go.

My budget is a max of 10,000 Baht, any recommendations?

With so little to print over the year look around for a place that does photocopying and printing. Each page will cost a few baht. Less convenient than having your own printer but that would save you 9000+ baht of your budget.

1 hour ago, Cardano said:

It's an ink tank, which is what I don't want.

Did you mean you want laser or ink cartridges? 

Color laser all-in-one might be tough. 

Unless I wanted to do photos I would not have another inkjet. 

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Brother DCP-T420W works good for me. From invade IT. Less than 5k

I bought this model from Banana IT in Hua Hin; and despite their assurances, it does not recognise Apple AirPrint. I use an iMac and MacBook air, and they subsequently accepted that it didn’t work with AirPrint and let me pay the difference and exchange for the  DCP-T520W

I’m sure this is a good choice if you don’t need AirPrint connection.

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I bought this model from Banana IT in Hua Hin; and despite their assurances, it does not recognise Apple AirPrint. I use an iMac and MacBook air, and they subsequently accepted that it didn’t work with AirPrint and let me pay the difference and exchange for the  DCP-T520W

I’m sure this is a good choice if you don’t need AirPrint connection.

Being a PC man, I assume AirPrint is the WiFi connection.