Best Printer under 10,000 Baht

Cardano

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Being a PC man, I assume AirPrint is the WiFi connection. 

It is designed primarily for for connection between Apple Products not for Windows/Android etc although there are some workarounds!

Edited by scottiejohn

20 hours ago, gargamon said:

5 baht a page (color is more) at the local Kodak shop. And when you get to know the owner you can email him the docs to print. So your 200 pages per year costs 1000 baht. No cartridge issues, no paper issues, no space issues on your desk.

I surely don't understand why anyone needs a printer at their house. 

Which is fine IF you live closer to a Kodak shop, IF they will print with the photos stuck on, IF the shop has the Immigration paperwork required, If they are willing to print the 37 sheets, twice, as required by Immigration, IF they will replace any faulty sheets that are wrong at their own expense.

Then of course all the information you provide is in somebody else's hands and you have no control over it.

40 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Wrong post. Sorry

That is before I type up and print copies of recipes, print a few copies of my passport, all 14 pages, print a few copies of my wife's, my sons, and my neighbours ID cards.

The real question, at least to me, is why doesn't everybody have a home printer, They are not too expensive and printer paper is cheap enough at 100 thb (the last pack I bought) for 500 sheets.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Which is fine IF you live closer to a Kodak shop, IF they will print with the photos stuck on, IF the shop has the Immigration paperwork required, If they are willing to print the 37 sheets, twice, as required by Immigration, IF they will replace any faulty sheets that are wrong at their own expense.

Then of course all the information you provide is in somebody else's hands and you have no control over it.

That is before I type up and print copies of recipes, print a few copies of my passport, all 14 pages, print a few copies of my wife's, my sons, and my neighbours ID cards.

The real question, at least to me, is why doesn't everybody have a home printer, They are not too expensive and printer paper is cheap enough at 100 thb (the last pack I bought) for 500 sheets.

Why have you altered my comment ?

Nowhere did I say "Wrong post. Sorry"

41 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

After multiple issues with both Canon and HP printers, I bought a Brother DCP-T520W Tank fill - all in one - print and scan. Had it 10 months now and its had lots of use, and no issues so far. Banana IT about 5,400 Baht …. think it would be more than sufficient for your usage, and very good quality printing.

My Brother DCP-T520W Tank fill - all in one - print and scan is about 7 months old and works fine plugged into my pc or on a wireless link.

It is probably the 4th Brother I have bought in over 10 years and I see no reason to change brands. Normally when the black ink runs out after 3 years or so, it is time to replace the printer with a newer model with more bells and whistles.

I don't need the fax facility as faxes are being replaced and I might have to send 1 fax in a year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Why have you altered my comment ?

Nowhere did I say "Wrong post. Sorry"

I did NOT alter your post in any way. What happened is that I was trying to reply to it and it came up in the middle of a post that I had forgotten to send. Hence I deleted your post and I entered the words "Wrong post. Sorry", as I can delete the post but not the header, without deleting the entire post and rewriting it. 

Try it yourself, and if you can delete the second post completely, tell me how you did it.

FWIW: I've been using Brother mono laserjets for the last 9 years for personal and business (at least 5 units). Both multifunction and printer only. The reliability, quality and cost makes them excellent value. I keep and use a HL-2360D in my condo for printing things such as travel confirmations, boarding passes and immigration forms etc. Saves a lot of time and hassle. Cost about 4,000 Baht in Pantip in 2017. In my London home/office I've had a Brother MFC-2750DW multifunctin mono laser since 2015.

As for coloUr; my parents needed a new printer after having nothing but trouble with their inkjet colour printer. I advised them to go mono laser but step-father was adamant it must be colour. They bought a multi-function colour laser. Huge weighty unit for about £300. Not bad value. Only problem is; is that to replace 4 laser toner cartridges (magenta, cyan, yellow and black) with genuine quality, costs almost as much as a new printer!

3 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Ok, as what usually happens on here the topic drifts away from the original post and becomes pointless banter. So to bring it back on topic let me clarify;

I am looking for recommendations for a modern sub 10,000 Baht 3 in 1 wireless colour printer, windows 10 compatible, preferably ink cartridge (not ink tank or laser).

The brands that I am considering are; Epson, Cannon and Brother.

It is difficult to recommend a printer based on long time experience as it is probably out of production by the time we give our "my Brother/Cannon etc" has been great for ten years.

I can only suggest you visit a reputable store/website like;

Printers, Inkjet Printers, HP Printers, Laser Printers, Photo Printers, Color Printers, Computer Printers Thailand - invadeIT

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Cardano said:

The brands that I am considering are; Epson, Cannon and Brother.

Over a few decades I have used all three of those brands brands with great success and have only changed brands/printers because of the logistics of moving between counties, not because of problems.  My current printer is a 7 year old cannon E140 inkjet!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

It is difficult to recommend a printer based on long time experience as it is probably out of production by the time we give our "my Brother/Cannon etc" has been great for ten years.

I can only suggest you visit a reputable store/website like;

Printers, Inkjet Printers, HP Printers, Laser Printers, Photo Printers, Color Printers, Computer Printers Thailand - invadeIT

Yeah point taken but I'm sure there must be some members who have bought printers in the last couple of years and can share their opinions.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Yeah point taken but I'm sure there must be some members who have bought printers in the last couple of years and can share their opinions.

I think you are interested in a color printer, and I use only B&W, but experience will be same I guess.

I also print rarely.

Some 17 years ago I had a Canon inkjet with tanks, and whenever i had to print something, I had to clean the heads and hope it would then work.

So 15 years ago I bought a Brother all in one laser yet printer, which was on sale in Tesco. It always works

I have since changed the cartridge once, with a generic one from lazada, and now I think I have to change the drum because when printing the paper has some black residual.

So 6 months ago I bought a new Brother all in one wireless printer on Shopee for 3669 baht, but haven't connected it yet, as I'm still using the old one :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

FWIW: I've been using Brother mono laserjets for the last 9 years for personal and business (at least 5 units). Both multifunction and printer only. The reliability, quality and cost makes them excellent value. I keep and use a HL-2360D in my condo for printing things such as travel confirmations, boarding passes and immigration forms etc. Saves a lot of time and hassle. Cost about 4,000 Baht in Pantip in 2017. In my London home/office I've had a Brother MFC-2750DW multifunctin mono laser since 2015.

As for coloUr; my parents needed a new printer after having nothing but trouble with their inkjet colour printer. I advised them to go mono laser but step-father was adamant it must be colour. They bought a multi-function colour laser. Huge weighty unit for about £300. Not bad value. Only problem is; is that to replace 4 laser toner cartridges (magenta, cyan, yellow and black) with genuine quality, costs almost as much as a new printer!

THe 

I'm a Brother fan as well. Most recent (DCP L3551CDW) is a couple years old. It's CS that the included toner cartridges only have a small charge, and ran out in about a year. The new ones last much longer, and costed 1,100 each.  

1 hour ago, Cardano said:

Well, I have used Brother for at least 10 years but they now have external ink tanks. The shop fills the tanks when I buy one  and the black ink is supposed to last around 7,000 pages of normal printing.

My current printer is a Brother DCP-T520W Tank fill - all in one - print and scan. It is connected directly to my pc and has a wireless link should anybody else need to print with it.

It cost around 6,000 baht +/- depending on which store you buy it at and where you live, big city or rural.

The cost of refilling the external tanks with genuine ink  is probably 60% or more than the cost of a new printer. Most printer/pc shops etc sell suitable comparable ink refills cheaper and perhaps will refill your tanks for free, which saves you getting messy ink everywhere if you over fill the tank. Ink may be a little cheaper online but you have to fill the tanks yourself.

I get free software downloads for my printer every so often.

IMHO nowadays there is little difference between manufacturers of the same type of printer but there is a difference between the types of printer. Inkjet, colour or monochrome, laser, colour or monochrome, links, usb or wireless, some printers are backward compatible with Windows 11. 10 and earlier. Some work only with Windows etc and android, some only with Apple, some will work with both systems.

Much depends on you pc set up and what you want and expect from a new printer.

At the end of the day I think that you have to decide what you really need, what else would be nice to have, and a price level for how much you are willing to pay. Bear in mind that if your budget is, say 6,000 baht, perhaps you can get a better one with more bells and whistles.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2024 at 6:57 PM, gargamon said:

5 baht a page (color is more) at the local Kodak shop. And when you get to know the owner you can email him the docs to print. So your 200 pages per year costs 1000 baht. No cartridge issues, no paper issues, no space issues on your desk.

It's called personal choice, everybody has different circumstances and requirements and options and it's  not subject to your scrutiny. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

there is no such thing as a good printer. 

Given some <deleted> just posted the confused emoji, let me elaborate. 

Printers - all printers - have been a pain in the ass since the day they connected the first one to a consumer PC. 

They have always been a pain in the ass to connect, they are shamelessly obsolete before they are even sold, and the ink they use is criminally more expensive than fine cocaine.

Unless you are in enterprise and paying in the 10s of thousands for a machine they are undependable, guaranteed to break down the night you need to print a document. 

It is by far more effective to find a business with a printer you can use by the page and let them deal with the burden of ownership. 

I cant actually remember the last time i needed something printed, yet the piece of <deleted> still occupies desk space. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/6/2024 at 6:57 PM, gargamon said:

I have a B&W printer for at least 17 years. I have no need for a colour one, as I can't remember last time I needed a colour copy.

Furthermore, I use the printer infrequently, but I use it for example to make the copies for my extension based on retirement for the past 15 years, among other things.

Like, I can scan a document, then send it by email within a minute.

So it saves me a lot of time and money as I can print all those documents at home, instead of going to a photo shop with a USB stick and pay 5 baht per copy.

I think the printer has paid for itself a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I cant actually remember the last time i needed something printed, yet the piece of <deleted> still occupies desk space. 

So you obviously do not stay in Thailand with a legal renewable visa that requires printed forms etc that you need to print out every year!

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BenStark said:

have a B&W printer for at least 17 years. I have no need for a colour one, as I can't remember last time I needed a colour copy.

Why divert the topic?

The OP has clearly stated a requirement for an all in one colour printer!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Bear in mind that if your budget is, say 6,000 baht, perhaps you can get a better one with more bells and whistles.

The OP has already stated her budget!

Can you not read?

Here is a clue/hint. it is in the title of the OP!

• Sad 2

I have an HP Deskjet 2777 and an HP Deskjet 3776. They were both less than 3k. The cartridges (1 B&W, 1 colour) are around 500 THB each from HP, but you can probably get generics or find them cheaper elsewhere. They both do the job fine. I've given up on tanks because they just seem to have endless problems. The 3776 takes up barely any space, but it's only good for scanning documents. I had to get the 2777 because I need a flatbed scanner sometimes. The 3776 doesn't get used as regularly now, so I have to remember to print a test page a couple of times a month. Otherwise, the ink dries up.

I am sure there are more expensive printers with other fancy functions, but I just print, copy & scan, and these work for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

The OP has already stated her budget!

Can you not read?

Here is a clue/hint. it is in the title of the OP!

Can you not understand. The price I wrote is is irrelevant. I could have put 2,000, 5,000, 9,999. It is simply a figure. 

The other clue which YOU seem to have missed is UNDER 10,000 baht. IIRC 6,000 Is under 10,000 baht.

If you wish to nit pick then go ahead but do the maths first. Even 9,999 baht is less than 10,000 baht.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

So you obviously do not stay in Thailand with a legal renewable visa that requires printed forms etc that you need to print out every year!

I think it must be you who doesn't stay legal in Thailand if you don't know that for every extension you need printed form each time

• Confused 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:26 PM, Cardano said:

Currently have HP Inktank wireless 410 but have had nothing but problems with it. So now looking for new printer and thinking as I only print about 200 pages per year that maybe cartridge printer is the way to go.

My budget is a max of 10,000 Baht, any recommendations?

My Epson L210 has been totally reliable and generally first class for about 5/6 years now. About 4000 baht new. When I buy next it'll be a more up to date wifi job, another Epson (L3250...about 5000 baht).

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:26 PM, Cardano said:

Currently have HP Inktank wireless 410 but have had nothing but problems with it. So now looking for new printer and thinking as I only print about 200 pages per year that maybe cartridge printer is the way to go.

My budget is a max of 10,000 Baht, any recommendations?

I gave mine away after two packs of paper. Total POS! Never buy HP again!

I love my new Brother DCP-T420W, It runs great, makes nice photo prints, fast on low-rez and cost about 5000 baht.

• Like 1