Is the new tax on money transferred into Thailand being implemented?

10 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I know, that's why I posted that comment, it wasn't a question.

And the same rules apply for the export of foreign currency, USD15k or more, or other currencies in excess of THB 450k in value. 

Great answer to a question that no one asked.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're most welcome. Did you notice that I also posted a supporting quote and link as proof, is that quality or what. :))

Edited by Mike Lister

6 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Somebody's confused, how sad:

Clause 1. Any person who exports or takes out from Thailand of the following currency or foreign currencies, such person shall declare details of such currency, foreign currencies or negotiable monetary instruments to Customs Officer while passing the customs as prescribed in the annex of this notification; (1) Currency which is currency notes or coins which their aggregate value exceeding 450,000 Baht (2) Foreign currencies which are foreign currency notes or coins which their aggregate value exceeding US$15,000 or its equivalent at market rate

https://www.bot.or.th/content/dam/bot/documents/en/our-roles/financial-markets/foreign-exchange-regulations/laws-and-regulations/E_MOFControl6.pdf

https://www.bot.or.th/en/our-roles/financial-markets/foreign-exchange-regulations/exchange-control-regulation.html

"วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 13 Feb 2023

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 13 Feb 2023

"BRINGING CURRENCY INTO OR OUT OF THAILAND

Any person who brings or takes an aggregate amount of foreign currency exceeding USD20,000 or its equivalent out of or into Thailand shall declare such amount of foreign currency to a Customs Officer.

Failure to declare upon bringing currency that exceeds the amount restricted by law or its equivalent out of or into Thailand or making any false declaration to a Customs Officer is a criminal offence.

For Thai currency (Baht), any person can bring total amount not exceed THB500,000 to any Thailand’s bounded countries and not exceed THB50,000 to any destination countries.

More than that mentioned amount, you have to declare to a Customs Officer or exchange to others currency before depart from Thailand".

https://singapore.thaiembassy.org/en/page/bringing-cash-in-and-out-of-thailand

5 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:
7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're most welcome. Did you notice that I also posted a supporting quote and link as proof, is that quality or what. :))

It would have been better if it was up to date and accurate.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

"วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 13 Feb 2023

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 13 Feb 2023

"BRINGING CURRENCY INTO OR OUT OF THAILAND

Any person who brings or takes an aggregate amount of foreign currency exceeding USD20,000 or its equivalent out of or into Thailand shall declare such amount of foreign currency to a Customs Officer.

Failure to declare upon bringing currency that exceeds the amount restricted by law or its equivalent out of or into Thailand or making any false declaration to a Customs Officer is a criminal offence.

For Thai currency (Baht), any person can bring total amount not exceed THB500,000 to any Thailand’s bounded countries and not exceed THB50,000 to any destination countries.

More than that mentioned amount, you have to declare to a Customs Officer or exchange to others currency before depart from Thailand".

https://singapore.thaiembassy.org/en/page/bringing-cash-in-and-out-of-thailand

Ah, too bad LL, my link from BOT beats your link from the Thai Embassy in Singapore, sorry. But nice try though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

My guess would be, they save it up, until tax has to be paid in the specific time of tax paying.

In the meantime, they will give you even a tax ID and then you need to pay.

All banks are in it and shift over registration of the amounts from abroad from everybody.

Wait for the envelope, which will surprise you then.

You know how governments work, they always try to surprise with negative outcome for you.

No one knows now how they would do it, secret surprise.

Just the same as changing the elite visa. They let you know, you can anticipate in time and then changed.

Making it extreme expensive.

My guess is that nothing will happen that didn't already happen years ago when you brought taxable income in from abroad in the same year you earned it. 

Except now every year is the 'same' year. 

Perhaps now we know the Thai meaning of 'same same'.   

Q: Is next year the same as the current (i.e., same) year?

A: Yes, same same.