Rail officials say damaged section of Bangkok’s Pink Line will be fixed this month

snoop1130

PinkLine-768x426.jpg

A section of Bangkok’s Pink Line railway that was damaged when a part of the conductor rail fell onto the road below will be fully repaired by the end of the month.

Surapong Laoha-Unya, director of the Northern Bangkok Monorail, has confirmed the work will be complete by the end of January. On December 24, several kilometres of aluminium conductor rail broke off, falling onto Tiwanon Road in the central province of Nonthaburi.

Train services from Nonthaburi Civic Centre Station to the Pak Kret Bypass Station had to be immediately suspended, while an investigation and repair work was carried out. The rail company says the parts needed for the repairs have been shipped and are expected to arrive by January 15.

By Peter Roche

Caption: PHOTO: Ten News

Full story: Phuket GO 2024-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

Will the new parts when they arrive from china still be fitted the same way, we still don't have the real truth on why it fell IMO. Have they fixed the problem of the wheels falling off yet, and I don't mean just fitting new bearings, I mean split pins to stop the nuts coming undone. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

ah, Thai/Chinese construction, another fine example.

Before the Thai apologists, you know who you are, jump in, this article is about Thailand... NOT your own country, or your own biased agendas.

Edited by Aussie999
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think I will take the risk of travelling on a public transport system which is obviously so badly built and maintained. Goodness knows what other flaws there are, as yet undiscovered. Especially since the very people who are supposed to monitor and maintain this system and allowed this incident to occur are the very same people overseeing repairs.

Edited by RobU

Not reported on AN forum news was a statement from a Bangkok based professor. Two of his claims were that there were no reports of any other operator of this monorail system having accidents involving parts falling from track or trains. A simple Google search will show this to be untrue.

He recommended the the Pink Line operator should install wire netting alongside the track to catch trains in case the fell off the track.😄