Judges skeptical of Trump’s presidential immunity arguments in election interference case

CharlieH

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Biden better start sweating bullets if he's not immune to prosecution for all his illegal acts while president. The border comes to mind, as well as student loan forgiveness.  Obama, too.  Not to mention W.

In fact, any president will have to worry about going to jail if they decide to take out a foreign terrorist, test the limits of any Supreme Court decision, or any one of 1000's of decisions that make while in office.

Be careful what you wish for...

He's taking his cue from Trump. As I read somewhere this approach can be summarized as "I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you." It can be cute when little kids say it. Not so much in the case of an adult.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Trump may be classified as an adult in legal terms but he is just a little crybaby screaming that someone stole his election/Presidency!

He's got lots of company.

CNN Poll: Percentage of Republicans who think Biden’s 2020 win was illegitimate ticks back up near 70%

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/03/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-think-2020-election-illegitimate/index.html

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

Won't that be for a court to decide?

In any case, here's a good start... 

https://www.gop.gov/bidenimpeachmentinquiry/

Keep in mind, that immunity isn't just criminal.  It's also civil.  Can you imagine how many people have been (and will be) harmed by illegals let in by Joe?  If they all sued, he'd be fighting cases for decades.  Or the service members' families suing him for his Afghanistan decision?  Or...  Or...

The short sightedness of the Dems comes from them never considering that it may happen to their guy, if they open that door.  But their TDS blinds them.

Not until after his term finished at the very least.

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Biden better start sweating bullets if he's not immune to prosecution for all his illegal acts while president. The border comes to mind, as well as student loan forgiveness.  Obama, too.  Not to mention W.

In fact, any president will have to worry about going to jail if they decide to take out a foreign terrorist, test the limits of any Supreme Court decision, or any one of 1000's of decisions that make while in office.

Be careful what you wish for...

Currently, Biden does have immunity. On January 22, 2025 he will not have immunity from either.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

He's taking his cue from Trump. As I read somewhere this approach can be summarized as "I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you." It can be cute when little kids say it. Not so much in the case of an adult.

Spot on imo his whole spiel could be summed up by what most of us experienced  /learned playing with other kids by the time we were 12 years old.he certainly has tantrums and complains like an Uber spoiled teenager 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1