Judges skeptical of Trump’s presidential immunity arguments in election interference case

CharlieH

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

nix. Trump's opinions don't matter to the court

Legal opinions delivered in other venues do matter, and this was brought up at the hearing. Another nail in the legal coffin of Absolute Presidential Immunity.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, impulse said:

Biden better start sweating bullets if he's not immune to prosecution for all his illegal acts while president. The border comes to mind, as well as student loan forgiveness.  Obama, too.  Not to mention W.

In fact, any president will have to worry about going to jail if they decide to take out a foreign terrorist, test the limits of any Supreme Court decision, or any one of 1000's of decisions that make while in office.

Be careful what you wish for...

When President Ulysses S. Grant Was Arrested for Speeding in a Horse-Drawn Carriage

I don't have to wish for anything - President's don't have immunity for crimes committed in office. President US Grant was arrested while in office.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/10/2024 at 2:19 PM, Danderman123 said:

Please cite any legal statutes that Biden nay have broken.

Dems left and right lefter seem to be saying his decision to bomb the Houthis is illegal.  In the interest of fair play, ya figure they'll be impeaching him?

I wonder if he'll be getting immunity after he leaves office?  Probably doesn't matter, because Trump's prosecution isn't about illegal acts.  It's about politics and election interference.  They won't be going after Biden the same way.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/11/this-is-illegal-biden-takes-heat-from-fellow-dems-after-greenlighting-houthi-strike/

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Dems left and right lefter seem to be saying his decision to bomb the Houthis is illegal.  In the interest of fair play, ya figure they'll be impeaching him?

I wonder if he'll be getting immunity after he leaves office?  Probably doesn't matter, because Trump's prosecution isn't about illegal acts.  It's about politics and election interference.  They won't be going after Biden the same way.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/11/this-is-illegal-biden-takes-heat-from-fellow-dems-after-greenlighting-houthi-strike/

Donald Trump committed many crimes, and when he is tried, he will be convicted of multiple charges.

A year from now, you will be posting to complain about which prison Trump is sent to.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Please provide proof of all the illegalities of Biden

I'll let the Dems do that...

“@POTUS can’t launch airstrikes in Yemen without congressional approval,” Democratic Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “This is illegal and violates Article I of the Constitution. The people do not want more of our taxpayer dollars going to endless war and the killing of civilians. Stop the bombing and do better by us.”

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Really? I guess Cori Bush is a Constitutional Scholar.

Please don't tell her that trump did the same thing in Syria. Oh, and trump ordered those strikes while having dinner with some foreign officials at his country club. He even announced to the table that "Excuse me, but I have to go order some air strikes against Syria".

I'm always amused when trumpers demonstrate the degree in Whataboutism they earned from the now-defunk trump university.  It's quite a stretch trying to go after Biden for taking steps to protect US military personnel and international shipping, albeit ignoring or excusing trump's attempt to overthrow 250 years of US democracy, theft of highly classified documents, etc.

I see the difference being that these airstrikes were ordered in their capacity as president. Same goes for Trump 's airstrikes.

Trump's election acts were not.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'll let the Dems do that...

“@POTUS can’t launch airstrikes in Yemen without congressional approval,” Democratic Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “This is illegal and violates Article I of the Constitution. The people do not want more of our taxpayer dollars going to endless war and the killing of civilians. Stop the bombing and do better by us.”

It may well violate the constitution. And Congress could move to impeach him and remove him from office. But that doesn't make it a crime. Please name the statute that Biden has violated by authorizing the bombing and the criminal penalties it stipulates.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It still galls me that anyone calling themselves a republican could support this New York City trust fund baby,he should have been run off as soon as he insulted a pow.A carrier qualified pilot no less who’s dad was in charge of the Cactus Air Force on guadicannal during ww2 who led a carrier task force during the war and died 2 weeks after the war from over work!!they wrap themselves in the flag and Call themselves patriotic !good god it literally boggles my mind.and yes trump is still guilty lock that bunko artist up!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 1:29 AM, impulse said:

Biden better start sweating bullets if he's not immune to prosecution for all his illegal acts while president. The border comes to mind, as well as student loan forgiveness.  Obama, too.  Not to mention W.

In fact, any president will have to worry about going to jail if they decide to take out a foreign terrorist, test the limits of any Supreme Court decision, or any one of 1000's of decisions that make while in office.

Be careful what you wish for...

Trump's lawyers argued that the president has absolute immunity for all crimes, even assassinating political rivals.

Do you agree?

Edited by Danderman123

Yup it’s a great day for America and the rule of law the appeals court flushed Donnie’s premise that he is above the law of course he will try to delay by appealing to the Supreme Court and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they dodge the bullet and let the decision stand!!let the trial begin for CITIZEN trumps sedition and coup attempt!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1