Overstay 2 days after 3 months of tourist visas - what happens?

Hello, what happens when I overstay one or two days on a tourist visa? I have  

2 months TR tourist visa +

1 month extension in country  

to a total of 3 months tourist time. 

It might be most convenient for me to stay one or two days longer than allowed. Will there be a fine, a racket, is it done more often by tourists?

I'll leave via Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. A visa run or any other exit point is no option. 

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, henrik2000 said:

It might be most convenient for me to stay one or two days longer than allowed. Will there be a fine, a racket, is it done more often by tourists?

I'll leave via Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. A visa run or any other exit point is no option. 

Thanks!

2 days overstay will be a 1000 baht fine and overstay stamp in passport, not a big deal.

Only problem could arise if you later consider elite visa.

• Like 1

Not the end of the world, but it's never a good idea to plan to have an overstay stamp in your passport. It gives any additional country another reason to deny you a visa, not just Thailand. Takes up more of those precious empty pages in the passport too. May or may not matter to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As long as you are not caught before hand you will get a fine of 500 Baht a day and a stamp in your passport.

If your overstay is only one day there will be no fine.

Edited by Lite Beer

21 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Of course if he had a police checkpoint or an accident on the way to the airport, it would be very different. Nobody wants to mention that?

I'll mention it. Caught with 1 day overstay = 5 year ban from returning to Thailand

When caught while overstaying

• Overstay of 1 day to 1 Year = 5 years ban from Thailand and 500 to 20,000 Thai baht overstay fine
  • Overstay more than 1 Year = 10 years ban from Thailand and 20,000 Thai baht overstay fine
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hotels do not look (in general) at permission of stay stamp.

They photocopy ID page. 

Good to know.  I had this vision of lights flashing and alarms going off back at Immigration HQ if a hotel entered an overstay passport number into the TM30 system.  Seems like it could be a nice little earner for them and the BMW.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

When caught while overstaying

• Overstay of 1 day to 1 Year = 5 years ban from Thailand and 500 to 20,000 Thai baht overstay fine

Hi all, thanks for good advice! Now i know the price for overstaying including the stamp in the passport.

But how long is the ban resulting from 1 - 2 days of overstay? Is it really 5 years? I would quite like to come back within ten months.

Thanks again!

12 minutes ago, henrik2000 said:

But how long is the ban resulting from 1 - 2 days of overstay? Is it really 5 years? I would quite like to come back within ten months.

There is ZERO ban for 2 day overstay.

The post you quoted was referring to being nabbed in Thailand on overstay.

Obviously you lay low on your two day overstay and make direct trip to airport on day of departure.

Minimal risk..

In my earlier post, I pointed out option of applying for extension to be given 7 days to "get out of Thailand" 

No overstay. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Fly to KL and back. Why would you want to act in a way that could come back and give you problems in the future? Leave in accordance when you are supposed to leave.

Why do you feel it is ok to flaunt the rules of the country? Try that in the Middle East and you will be in jail

But Thailand is not in the ME?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, henrik2000 said:

Thanks!

That makes a difference of 500 Baht🥳😂🤣

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

2 days overstay will be a 1000 baht fine and overstay stamp in passport, not a big deal.

Only problem could arise if you later consider elite visa.

Ii believe it also can affect applying for other visa categories also

Edited by Dan O

18 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Of course if he had a police checkpoint or an accident on the way to the airport, it would be very different. Nobody wants to mention that?

That's why taking the srt train from pyia Thai is smarter lol no check point 

• Like 1

Hi all, thanks for more good clarification and pictures to boot!

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In my earlier post, I pointed out option of applying for extension to be given 7 days to "get out of Thailand" 

Yes it's a very interesting and less discussed way to get up to 7 days on top. But in the last 10 days of my stay I will be in the Pattaya area and for the life of me I don't want to deal with the immigration and the queues there (I had seen them on a different trip and walked right back out; even if other board members go there regularly).

I just got my 30 days visa extension from Mae Sot (Tak) immigration which was a peaceful, uncrowded place (Myanmaris go to a different part of the building), and a little later I will be in Khamphaeng Phet, but I reckon I can't get my 7 days allowance to leave right now, a month before actually wanting to leave.