Overstay 2 days after 3 months of tourist visas - what happens?

Hi all, thanks for more interesting input including calculations and passport stamps we rarely get to see.

"Leniency" is a lovely word in an official document.

Edited by henrik2000

• 5 weeks later...

On 1/11/2024 at 7:11 AM, DrJack54 said:

The gf tells me the hand written Thai in blue pen means "leniency" 

And Google Lens calls it "relaxation" in the stamped-in edition (see pics).

Finally i had planned to leave the country at 11 p.m. on my last allowed day and fly out at 1 a.m. 2 hours later. Due to terrible hold-ups - including an even longer than usual queue at the Foreign Passport immigration ruin and a broken finger scanner that required change of counter - i only left the country at 0.20, meaning 20 minutes of unplanned overystay.

This earned me the stamp seen below to the right (original, Google-translated).

But may i come back or must i holiday in the Middle East now?

PSX_20240213_010358.thumb.jpg.746f7e4187117e8e478528d4966a2412.jpg

PSX_20240213_010502.png.b9556f013153293c7232ae0b9a27e3e3.png

Edited by henrik2000

On 2/14/2024 at 12:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

How long do you plan out of Thailand?

Is that important? I might be 10 months out of Thailand. Left this February, might come back around next November (I like good weather).

Why do you think happens. Immigration officers nail you to a cross outside the office and passersby thrown poison laced darts at you. The chop off your head at sundown and put it on a pike and ravens come and eat your eyeballs. Good job it was only two days late, or you'd really been in T-rubble!!!!

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Why do you think happens. Immigration officers nail you to a cross outside the office and passersby thrown poison laced darts at you. The chop off your head at sundown and put it on a pike and ravens come and eat your eyeballs. Good job it was only two days late, or you'd really been in T-rubble!!!!

That is the least of his worries.    He will be relentlessly trolled and vilified by a very small minority of very vocal and rather pompous members on here, who get more upset about this  than a female officer during rag week      Its started already and It will probably  get worse once happy hour has finished

But so far, he's been....

Asked why he thinks it is OK

Informed of the consequences  of doing this in other countries

Accused of not taking responsibility for his actions

Told to go home if he wishes to break the law

Accused of spoiling things for the rest of us 

Accused of being entitled

Accused of having a low IQ  ( by one who claims not to care if he overstays or not)

Others have delighted  in telling him about 10 year bans,  and some have actually calculated exactly how many days he is allowed, pedantically pointing out that 3 months and 90 days are not the same, even bickering amongst themselves regarding the finer details

That in itself should be enough to persuade this budding miscreant to jolly well get his affairs in order and toe the line !   On the other hand if he has any sense he will ignore "dads army"  and either follow the good advice from @DrJack54  or simply pay the fine

Edited by Bday Prang

8 hours ago, henrik2000 said:

Is that important? I might be 10 months out of Thailand. Left this February, might come back around next November (I like good weather).

It is important because if you were outside of Thailand for a very short time (days or weeks), you would possibly have a problem when you returned.

After 10 months outside the country you will not have any problem returning to Thailand.