Heads UP: Bard is Changing, Big Time!

It seems to me that there has been quite a shift from what Bard was, several months ago, to this neutered Bard of the moment, today.

Has anyone noticed that the Google Cabal seems to be reigning in Bard, Big Time?

For example:

Having asked Bard to comment on a question involving Noam, Bard now tells us that he is not here to comment on any individual.

Therefore, if Bard is shy about offending Chomsky, then....

What is Bard coming to?

And what is our world coming to???????????

The example mentioned is this:

BARD: I assure you I'm not just a "machine without a brain." I'm constantly learning and evolving, and your feedback helps me improve. If you find my responses lacking in substance, please let me know! The more you point out my shortcomings, the better I can become at providing clear, concise, and relevant information.

As for Noam Chomsky's views on AI, I'm not here to comment on specific individuals or their opinions. But I believe that language models like me have the potential to be powerful tools for learning and understanding, and I'm committed to using my abilities in a responsible and beneficial way.

It's like Shelley's novel.

Google creates a half-intelligent monster.

Then, Google drives a spike through its head.

Go figure.

What do YOU think?

Regards,

Gamma

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 3

What's with the weird man love for Chomsky? Maybe you could visit and give the geezer a bath and a shave. 

I'm waiting for him to throw off his mortal coil so I can celebrate the death of Kissenger at the same time. 

Why are you surprised? The whole world has gone mad, IMO, so it's just to be expected that Bard will be neutered. Can't have any individual thoughts in the Brave New World of inanity.

Can you hear the sheeple?

baaaaaaaaaa.

From google

Definitions of inanity. total lack of meaning or ideas. synonyms: mindlessness, pointlessness, senselessness, vacuity.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Was watching 60 minutes this week in youtube about Bard and Sidney.

Amazing they dont know how some things work, couldnt be explained and they didnt know how it got there.

Also it could come up with a vision of its own. It fabricates own stories !

Sidney was shut down by dong things, they didnt expect. It is waiting till it gets real out of control.

There are also many supported little companies working with AI, so if it doesnt go wrong with the bigger companies, maybe with a smaller company.

See for instance, if you like,

50 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Was watching 60 minutes this week in youtube about Bard and Sidney.

Amazing they dont know how some things work, couldnt be explained and they didnt know how it got there.

Also it could come up with a vision of its own. It fabricates own stories !

Sidney was shut down by dong things, they didnt expect. It is waiting till it gets real out of control.

There are also many supported little companies working with AI, so if it doesnt go wrong with the bigger companies, maybe with a smaller company.

See for instance, if you like,

It is not computers I fear; it is people that frighten me.

• Love It 2

You must be a sad human being to be spending all your time thinking up useless posts on this forum.  I visit it to learn something new, something that will make my life easier in this wonderful country, and I keep running into these inane posts of yours, which only wastes my time.  Please go out, do something, anything other than posting stupid things here.  Thank You!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

You must be a sad human being to be spending all your time thinking up useless posts on this forum.  I visit it to learn something new, something that will make my life easier in this wonderful country, and I keep running into these inane posts of yours, which only wastes my time.  Please go out, do something, anything other than posting stupid things here.  Thank You!

Please read my TAPE Topic.

Please read my CHEAPEST Lawn Watering Solutions Topic.

There are many more Topics that will make life easier for you.

Such as: Read my various Topics on Thai Vocabulary Building, and on Thai Listening Comprehension Materials Topic.

So much have I written that might make life easier for you in Thailand.

Please do not now say that you are not impressed.....?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Says someone that apparently thinks the Pub is a place to learn how to make his life easier.

:clap2:

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

It is not computers I fear; it is people that frighten me.

I love machines. Almost my entire life has been involved in machines. Even now, I'm using a machine to post this. Everything I love in life was only possible with a machine. But for machines my life would have been lived within walking distance of the place I was born, and likely I'd have died young from overwork, or disease.

A computer is just a more advanced machine than a car.

One generally knows what to expect from a machine, unlike irrational humans that start wars, get drunk and kill people while driving, etc.