Good car starter battery (12 volt) shop in Pattaya?

I have usually changed my car battery at Honda, but they don't keep stock anymore, now even Bangkok store was out of stock.

My impression of the battery shops I see scattered around Pattaya is: Small, dirty, poor parking, "hole-in-the-wall feeling.

I could be biased, but I would like to find a nice, big shop with plenty of choice and easy parking.

Anyone?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Thanks, you're probably right

I have used GS battery's for years.

Been fine for me. 

Ps just make sure it's the same ratting as your old type.

Edited by quake

On 1/11/2024 at 6:07 PM, quake said:

I have used GS battery's for years.

Been fine for me. 

Ps just make sure it's the same ratting as your old type.

FWIW: Let's call it a happy ending! I searched on my map for car battery shops, and B-Quik south Pattaya came up.

I was there recently to fix a puncture, and was impressed with the place, staff and general professional attitude, cleanliness, etc. They didn't even charge for the repair! Smart, since I will soon be back with more tyre related business.

I didn't at that time realise they also did batteries and other stuff (I have lived a sheltered life with Honda, although also that not without problems, some may even say mindless life), so I went there today and was fixed up in 10 minutes.

So now I have a home for all "non-Honda" stuff :smile:

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

FWIW: Let's call it a happy ending! I searched on my map for car battery shops, and B-Quik south Pattaya came up.

I was there recently to fix a puncture, and was impressed with the place, staff and general professional attitude, cleanliness, etc. They didn't even charge for the repair! Smart, since I will soon be back with more tyre related business.

I didn't at that time realise they also did batteries and other stuff (I have lived a sheltered life with Honda, although also that not without problems, some may even say mindless life), so I went there today and was fixed up in 10 minutes.

So now I have a home for all "non-Honda" stuff :smile:

Yes I use them for oil changes.

New tires.

Rear wheels bearing last year,

Tire plugs are free there.  ( not getting into that with other posters, pros & cons )

all good.

Never done a battery there, I'm sure that's fine as well.

Edited by quake

North Sukumvit has many auto shops.  I've found this place to be top notch for batteries.    It's opposite the Cholchan Hotel.
12.985838077046838, 100.92242276019981

It is a Thai place, pretty dirty, but there is lots of parking, they speak good English, have a great selection, good prices and good service.   

You may get that "hole in the wall" feeling, but you're just buying a battery, not renting an apartment for your mom. 

This is Thailand by the way, if you want all the comforts of your home country I kindly suggest you just move back there.   Meanwhile, since you're here, you may as well get used to it and then you may find the benefits of living here.   

I mean, your message could read, 
"I'd like to buy a battery but I'd also like to pay extra to help the shop keeper with is rent and air con bills"  

This shop changed my alternator and countless batteries.  They have way more knowledge and experience than the new hires at those chain stores.  And they get the job done FAST.

I recommend Panasonic batteries, they seem to be the highest quality.  

Also, look at the cold cranking amps, (not the battery weight lol).  Try to get the higher cranking amps if it's an option.  

Vroom Vroom.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 101706.jpg

Thanks, I do appreciate your taking the time to respond, although if you read my last post, I have already found what I was looking for.

What I didn't appreciate was your condescending lecture about my preferences, as if you have any idea why I hold those preferences.

I may not agree with your preferences but I respect your right to have them. So please respect mine.

No need to respond as I am not interested in discussing this further.

@CharlieHModerator, please close this thread as it has served its purpose.

56 minutes ago, Irish star said:

I got mine at Toyota 3500 b and 500 b for old battery , so 3,000 b out the door 5 min Done 

I paid 2-300 bath more, also with return of old battery. But why we have to change battery each yer is still a mystery to me.

1 hour ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

I paid 2-300 bath more, also with return of old battery. But why we have to change battery each yer is still a mystery to me.

You should get about 3 years plus out of a battery here 

Each year a new one, something not right there mate.

And I suspect it was Honda pulling one on you. :jap:

Edited by quake

1 hour ago, quake said:

You should get about 3 years plus out of a battery here 

Each year a new one, something not right there mate.

And I suspect it was Honda pulling one on you. :jap:

In cold weather Norway, Sweden and the UK I never changed batteries in cars I had for several years.

In Thailand I've been told by "everybody" to change every year. I heard subpar quality and poor roads shaking the battery as reasons. Dubious. Some time back I didn't change, and of course, after ±16 months, battery gone.

So now I just suck it up and know my car will start when I need it to. Not worth the cost for the potential hazzle.

7 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

In cold weather Norway, Sweden and the UK I never changed batteries in cars I had for several years.

In Thailand I've been told by "everybody" to change every year. I heard subpar quality and poor roads shaking the battery as reasons. Dubious. Some time back I didn't change, and of course, after ±16 months, battery gone.

So now I just suck it up and know my car will start when I need it to. Not worth the cost for the potential hazzle.

Ok.