Fake vapes and PGR buds

Hi,

It's been about 18 months since the end of the "prohibition" :clap2:and a rocky road in terms of quality and prices.

In the beginning I tried several suppliers with different qualities poor and good was a hit n miss.

I did not know about PGRs at the time but think I picked up some at some point, the buds looked, felt, smelt and tasted different. Even crushing them was not as I'm used to. The effects were not "exotic" or "top shelf" as advertised with the stars n stripes flags. No where near the average weed you get in like the Netherlands or Spain.

Funnily enough I remember reading an article probably at least 6 months prior to June 2022 that north America was overproducing weed and the low quality stuff could not be sold.... later on Thailand legalizes and there was weed advertised as imported with American flags. Regardless if there were pgms or not as some appeard normal the advertised quality was not there.

However on the bud side it's better now and the local flowers are improving but there are still and always will be chancers out there.

As for vapes I've seen fakes in Spain and see more on offer in Thailand now which I have yet got my hands on but some look suspicious...

Anyone got experience buying vapes in TH please share your thoughts.

We dont want to inhale rubbish

Peace

• Agree 2

there is a huge problem here with the importation of black market products. vapes edibles flower concentrates. you name it. most of the products being brought in from cali are low quality. outdoor. last years crop. etc etc etc the list of schemes and scams is long. fake packaging. fake diamonds. fake cbd oil. you get the idea. this is a thai authority issue and should not reflect the legal market here though.

here's a story for you. 

was in a shop in phuket about 2 months ago and they were banging on about how to prove a vape is real or not by going to the website to check the bar code. 

so as buddy was blabbing on about how authentic his vapes were another guy scanned him and showed it was a fake. i have even heard of fake bar codes and fake websites being made up to direct people when they want to verify if a fake vape is indeed real. such a holes. then there is the issue of what exactly is being put into the vape. are additives put in ? vitamin e acetate and some of the pg and vg are terrible products... but they go in anyways. 

please note vaping is illegal in thailand lol i would not trust almost all vapes in the market here except for a few. 

however. there is quality product to be had in thailand on all fronts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As mentioned above yes vaping is illegal in TH. Personally I'm not looking for vapes, just wanted to put it out there that very likely they are fakes out there. On the illegal note so is prostitution :cheesy: (to my knowledge)

Again as mentioned a dryherb vape would be better, had one ages ago and they were not cheap back then. (this was in another country of course) :smile: Might get one here now that prices are resonable

Extracts I also thought was not legal, the question is how they define it. For sure rosin, oils etc are extracts but whats their view on hashish, keif and the likes? If keif was deemed here as an extract they have to outlaw crushers with the screen in the bottom :cheesy:

Local flowers are getting better as expected but some thc levels claimed are laughable, I guess they get info off Leafly and similar websites which proves ignorance or plain stupidity or if they are clued in just dishonest desperate sales bs.

Just after I hit submit I received some info requested (wont mention shop names) from some online info (forums and the alleged manufacturers website) and logic, I'm sure they are fake. Some tell tell signs on packaging and the pen itself

Be careful and responsible out there

Peace

You mentioned imported weed from America. Some of it might have been imported in 2022 when it was first legalized and local growers couldn't keep up with demand yet. But so much is grown here now that I doubt any of it is imported anymore, nor has been for the last 8-12 months. 

Many shops do have the words "Import From USA" in some of their signage and graphics, but if anything the seeds are imported and the plants are all grown here. 

A lot of local growers have gone to weed conventions in the USA and have learned a lot of the proper growing techniques from over there. Now mostly everything is grown here in small, air-conditioned green houses using good quality seeds and proper techniques. 

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

But so much is grown here now that I doubt any of it is imported anymore, nor has been for the last 8-12 months. 

not true at all. still loads of imports all over the place. the money involved at all levels is still there. i see it daily in a chat group i am in. 

2 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

A lot of local growers have gone to weed conventions in the USA and have learned a lot of the proper growing techniques from over there. Now mostly everything is grown here in small, air-conditioned green houses using good quality seeds and proper techniques.

debatable too. most grows here are lackluster to be honest. yes there are some bright spots but they still have a long way to go. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, stoner said:

not true at all. still loads of imports all over the place. the money involved at all levels is still there. i see it daily in a chat group i am in. 

debatable too. most grows here are lackluster to be honest. yes there are some bright spots but they still have a long way to go. 

Someone (who moves large volume and deals with a lot of those empty looking shops that are charging high prices in the tourist areas) told me no need to import anymore with equal quality and lower prices available from local growers.

They also explained how many of the local growers had brought in experienced people from the US at the beginning of the gold rush to teach them how to grow higher quality buds and more efficiently within Thailand.  

The Thai resellers quickly moved away from overseas suppliers in order to maximize profits. And local resellers dealing with only local growers also avoids importing delays and all the paperwork and costly problems when dealing with customs to bring stuff in from overseas. 

If you're being told it's an import, and they are selling it at a reasonable price, then most likely it isn't. Any real and high quality imports would likely be sold at prices most people won't be willing to pay at this point. It's become too competitive now to sell imported stuff when local growers are providing high quality flowers at much lower prices. You even have Thailand exporting locally grown stuff now to Europe. 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

Someone (who moves large volume and deals with a lot of those empty looking shops that are charging high prices in the tourist areas) told me no need to import anymore with equal quality and lower prices available from local growers.

They also explained how many of the local growers had brought in experienced people from the US at the beginning of the gold rush to teach them how to grow higher quality buds and more efficiently within Thailand.  

The Thai resellers quickly moved away from overseas suppliers in order to maximize profits. And local resellers dealing with only local growers also avoids importing delays and all the paperwork and costly problems when dealing with customs to bring stuff in from overseas. 

If you're being told it's an import, and they are selling it at a reasonable price, then most likely it isn't. Any real and high quality imports would likely be sold at prices most people won't be willing to pay at this point. It's become too competitive now to sell imported stuff when local growers are providing high quality flowers at much lower prices. You even have Thailand exporting locally grown stuff now to Europe. 

seems not much will change your mind so. bringing people from usa or anywhere and thinking the farm is producing great flower now is not really accurate. it takes a long time to learn to grow great high quality flower. 18 months since legal is simply not enough time to become master growers. on top of that what is really considered a master grower or top shelf high quality cannabis flower ? the majority of the market doesn't even know the answers. 

most people think they know what great flower is but to be honest have never really experienced it. yes bold i know but i do stand by this.  a lot of these so called experts are snake sales man who couldn't make it in the market at home. i have seen maybe 1 or 2 people on AN who i would consider an expert on cannabis for example. 

the import market is still very much alive and vibrant here. there are many groups on various apps that can easily back this claim up. 

eventually though there will be a bigger volume of high quality flower grown here much cheaper than back home. for now anything that would be considered high quality gets swallowed up in the country wide market. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that eighties brick weed. Never even needed a grinder. You just squeezed it in your fingers and it turned right to powder. Never had to worry about the THC rubbing off on your fingers either because there wasn’t much of it to begin with. Not really any resin either. The biggest danger were the sharp twigs in the weed piercing your skin if you squeezed them too hard. Can’t say I miss those days. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nbg said:

As mentioned above yes vaping is illegal in TH. Personally I'm not looking for vapes, just wanted to put it out there that very likely they are fakes out there. On the illegal note so is prostitution :cheesy: (to my knowledge)

Again as mentioned a dryherb vape would be better, had one ages ago and they were not cheap back then. (this was in another country of course) :smile: Might get one here now that prices are resonable

Extracts I also thought was not legal, the question is how they define it. For sure rosin, oils etc are extracts but whats their view on hashish, keif and the likes? If keif was deemed here as an extract they have to outlaw crushers with the screen in the bottom :cheesy:

Local flowers are getting better as expected but some thc levels claimed are laughable, I guess they get info off Leafly and similar websites which proves ignorance or plain stupidity or if they are clued in just dishonest desperate sales bs.

Volcano 10,000. Bhat, Smaller 4,500. Not much choice. 

12 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

Yeah, that eighties brick weed. Never even needed a grinder. You just squeezed it in your fingers and it turned right to powder. Never had to worry about the THC rubbing off on your fingers either because there wasn’t much of it to begin with. Not really any resin either. The biggest danger were the sharp twigs in the weed piercing your skin if you squeezed them too hard. Can’t say I miss those days. 

this guy getting finger owie on brick hahaha :)

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Hokeus said:

Since all of these topics are really just anecdotal generalizations, let's just simplify it by saying that there are flowers now available in Thailand all day long for less than 100 Baht a gram (when buying in bulk) which will get you quite high for 2-3 hours from only 1-2 pulls.

Whether it's grown locally, imported, using local know-how, or from methods learned overseas, it really doesn't matter, nor is there any real way of really proving any of this one way or another. The whole subject is also very nuanced in the sense that every grower's means and ways is different.

What's important I think for all of us is that prices here are typically 1/3 (or less) of what they are in the USA for flowers and it's all stuff that can get you very high on just 0.2 of a gram. 

If I compare any of the "Top Shelf" or "Exotic" strains being sold now in Thailand to what I had access to in the eighties, it's night and day. Back then it was mostly harsh tasting brick weed from Mexico, Columbia or Afghanistan. Super dry, full of seeds and twigs, terpenes didn't even exist, and you were looking at an average of 2% THC. So to say any of the stuff available now isn't totally gangbusters is an unfair criticism. Now people split hairs over THC content being 25% or 28%. When the weed is so strong to the point that 1-2 pulls is all you need then we are really just debating over semantics. 😉 

fair enough.

We laugh, but BW is still heavily consumed throughout Thailand. 

I don't know why any grower would commit their resources to growing it though when they can grow high quality stuff and sell it for 10X the price. 

Presumably the growers of BW are just throwing seeds in the ground in an open area and are not putting any effort into cultivation. 

But at 3-4 Baht a gram, it's hard not to understand why people with less financial resources are still happy to smoke it. 

25 years ago you could find it sold in local fresh markets in Thailand, Cambodia, and possibly elsewhere. It was also often added as an herb to noodle soup broths. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

I don't know why any grower would commit their resources to growing it though when they can grow high quality stuff and sell it for 10X the price. 

Presumably the growers of BW are just throwing seeds in the ground in an open area and are not putting any effort into cultivation. 

But at 3-4 Baht a gram, it's hard not to understand why people with less financial resources are still happy to smoke it. 

25 years ago you could find it sold in local fresh markets in Thailand, Cambodia, and possibly elsewhere. It was also often added as an herb to noodle soup broths. 

25 yr ago in Thailand?? I've been in Thailand this long and never saw weed in fresh markets in Thailand.

Cambodia yes, Thailand no.. I always had to find a guy in Thailand.... you could find Kratom in fresh markets in Thailand back then. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, ericthai said:

25 yr ago in Thailand?? I've been in Thailand this long and never saw weed in fresh markets in Thailand.

Cambodia yes, Thailand no.. I always had to find a guy in Thailand.... you could find Kratom in fresh markets in Thailand back then. 

You were at the wrong fresh market. Yes, correct, it was the other one. 😊

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

You were at the wrong fresh market. Yes, correct, it was the other one. 😊

I guess so... Should've had a better girlfriend at the time to take me to the correct market. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:44 PM, ABCDBKK said:

You mentioned imported weed from America. Some of it might have been imported in 2022 when it was first legalized and local growers couldn't keep up with demand yet. But so much is grown here now that I doubt any of it is imported anymore, nor has been for the last 8-12 months. 

Many shops do have the words "Import From USA" in some of their signage and graphics, but if anything the seeds are imported and the plants are all grown here. 

Yes this was late 2022 I came across that imported weird flower and never used them again. As mentioned there is decent local flower available now but there is still a bit of wild west out there so you need to find reliable suppliers and or grow your own if you have green fingers.

X amount of pulls getting you buzzed for x amount of hours I believe also depends on a few factors like firstly the strength but also your daily physical form, tolerance, frequency of use and how you are able to handle it. Remember those first ever highs? Always nice with breaks (days or weeks) or longer and hopefully "become a teenager" again when you have one ;)

Peace

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2024 at 3:19 PM, ABCDBKK said:

Presumably the growers of BW are just throwing seeds in the ground in an open area and are not putting any effort into cultivation...

Do not forget that before it became legal in Thailand, it was grown in Lao, and suggled in and distributed by the mafia. That did not go away just because it became legal in Thailand. Its still the brick weed it used to be, just cheaper.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

This topic is kind of one of the reasons i joined up to this board because of the PGR weed i kept seeing on my last trip to Phuket

Most buds all seemed to be really dense, not much flavour, and lacking a substantial high. I remember thinking to myself one day on my trip that the amount of edibles I'd eaten and herb i had consumed, that i should be comatose, but i was just mildly baked. I do consume more than your average bear though and have been making edibles for 10+ years

I remember visiting Chiang Mai and Pai around 2022 i think and not having this kind of problem. In fact, one of the highest I've been in the last 25 years of smoking was in Pai smoking 'Cake n Cream' 😎

Does anyone know of a decent branch of dispensaries in Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc that sell good quality, locally grown marijuana that isn't grown with PGR and doesn't cost 10 billion baht?

I had a good success with High Queen in Chiang Mai and Sweed Time in Pai; it would be nice to find more reputable coffeeshops selling non-PGR weed like those. A sign in the window saying "NO PGR" would  be a selling point for me👍

Arjan replied to an Instagram comment telling me that there's no PGR in Greenhouse Seed Co. weed, so I'll be stopping by there to smoke some of the old classics from when i used to go to Amsterdam 

1711662864515.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Captain Bonez said:

This topic is kind of one of the reasons i joined up to this board because of the PGR weed i kept seeing on my last trip to Phuket

Most buds all seemed to be really dense, not much flavour, and lacking a substantial high. I remember thinking to myself one day on my trip that the amount of edibles I'd eaten and herb i had consumed, that i should be comatose, but i was just mildly baked. I do consume more than your average bear though and have been making edibles for 10+ years

I remember visiting Chiang Mai and Pai around 2022 i think and not having this kind of problem. In fact, one of the highest I've been in the last 25 years of smoking was in Pai smoking 'Cake n Cream' 😎

Does anyone know of a decent branch of dispensaries in Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc that sell good quality, locally grown marijuana that isn't grown with PGR and doesn't cost 10 billion baht?

I had a good success with High Queen in Chiang Mai and Sweed Time in Pai; it would be nice to find more reputable coffeeshops selling non-PGR weed like those. A sign in the window saying "NO PGR" would  be a selling point for me👍

Arjan replied to an Instagram comment telling me that there's no PGR in Greenhouse Seed Co. weed, so I'll be stopping by there to smoke some of the old classics from when i used to go to Amsterdam 

1711662864515.jpeg

99% of the PGR claims here are just normal hybrids lol.