Need a new battery for my Huawei phone in Pattaya...where to get one?

Huawei no longer has a service center in Pattaya or Chonburi, I went to their store at T21, and they said I have to send it to BKK, could take 2 to 3 weeks.

Any recommendations on a good place in Pattaya for battery replacement, and how much should I expect to pay? Model 2019 Y9.

Thanks.

Edited by trevor67

Not sure about your model, but if phone needs to be taken apart to replace battery, the Huawei service center at Central Si Racha (some 20km north of Pattaya) is probably the best Huawei service center in Thailand.

9 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Not sure about your model, but if phone needs to be taken apart to replace battery, the Huawei service center at Central Si Racha (some 20km north of Pattaya) is probably the best Huawei service center in Thailand.

Told it was closed by Huawei staff at T21....thanks

7 hours ago, trevor67 said:

Told it was closed by Huawei staff at T21....thanks

I'll recheck that. I was just there a few of weeks back - to repair a botched battery replacement done by Huawei service center in Fortune Town, Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

My TGF had the same problem we bought a new genuine one off Lazada and she took it to a guy in soi Bukhaow tues/friday/sunday market repairs phones been there 10 years minimum knows his stuff charged her 300 baht 6 months ago and everything still good.......avoid Tukcom.

• Thanks 1

I bought mine off Lazada, took 8 days to arrive from China. Looked up on YouTube how to install it, did it myself in 15 minutes. Since then I bought another Non Huawei phone which newer o/s that I needed, but the replacement battery still going well in the old Huawei.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, petermik said:

My TGF had the same problem we bought a new genuine one off Lazada and she took it to a guy in soi Bukhaow tues/friday/sunday market repairs phones been there 10 years minimum knows his stuff charged her 300 baht 6 months ago and everything still good.......avoid Tukcom.

Do you know the name of the shop?....any directions as to where in the market, I take it, its on the right side of buakow (coming from Pattaya Tai)?

Mine is still P30 Pro. For a 5+ years old phone, it's incredible how many people still use them, and how well it stacks up with modern phones especially in photography arena.

I do use iPhone 14 Pro Max, but honestly - despite what, 4? 5? years newer, it comes close in the day with no zoom, but in everything else, Huawei still takes the crown. You can understand why they were such a threat that they had to be destroyed by the west. But for myself, I wish they weren't, as they were capable of bringing us some magnificent products.

They were never killed off anyway. Huawei just overtook Apple in sales in China and they are on the way up, some with stocked up chips from before they were cut off, and some developed in house. That's one thing about sanctioning someone - either they'll give up or die (which was hoped for), or they'll double down and throw all they have into recreating everything by themselves. And once they do - how do you stop them then?

Having seen P30 Pro inside when being taken apart, the finesse of design inside and outside was amazing. So regardless of where they are from, what they've done, or what Trump thinks of them - they have my respect for what they've engineered. And I'll keep on using mine till it dies. But due to old Android, not put anything important on it, so I guess when it is gone, I'll be forced to replace it with another brand, and I hope there's something out there by then which can at least beat Huawei at the photography game by then.

• Agree 2

On 1/12/2024 at 10:04 AM, petermik said:

16 hours ago, trevor67 said:

Do you know the name of the shop?....any directions as to where in the market, I take it, its on the right side of buakow (coming from Pattaya Tai)?

Coming from Pattaya Tai go into the market on the left had side...this is the covered one with two huge ceiling fans....walk to near where there is motorcycle parking and turn into the market look for the wall on the right hand side and about a third of the way down (opposite some nail/eyebrows ladies working) he has his stall there...name not known a youngish guy sat at a table sometimes with his GF...he`s the only phone repair shop in the whole market and he,s been there for a long time nice chap and knows his stuff if he cannot do it he will say so and you will not be ripped off :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, petermik said:

Coming from Pattaya Tai go into the market on the left had side...this is the covered one with two huge ceiling fans....walk to near where there is motorcycle parking and turn into the market look for the wall on the right hand side and about a third of the way down (opposite some nail/eyebrows ladies working) he has his stall there...name not known a youngish guy sat at a table sometimes with his GF...he`s the only phone repair shop in the whole market and he,s been there for a long time nice chap and knows his stuff if he cannot do it he will say so and you will not be ripped off :thumbsup:

Thanks....I went and looked for it Saturday....I may have found it, but closed, and no signage....I'll go check on Tuesday when the whole market is open.

21 hours ago, trevor67 said:

Thanks....I went and looked for it Saturday....I may have found it, but closed, and no signage....I'll go check on Tuesday when the whole market is open.

He was there yesterday Sunday

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 7:14 PM, tomazbodner said:

Mine is still P30 Pro. For a 5+ years old phone, it's incredible how many people still use them, and how well it stacks up with modern phones especially in photography arena.

I do use iPhone 14 Pro Max, but honestly - despite what, 4? 5? years newer, it comes close in the day with no zoom, but in everything else, Huawei still takes the crown. You can understand why they were such a threat that they had to be destroyed by the west. But for myself, I wish they weren't, as they were capable of bringing us some magnificent products.

They were never killed off anyway. Huawei just overtook Apple in sales in China and they are on the way up, some with stocked up chips from before they were cut off, and some developed in house. That's one thing about sanctioning someone - either they'll give up or die (which was hoped for), or they'll double down and throw all they have into recreating everything by themselves. And once they do - how do you stop them then?

Having seen P30 Pro inside when being taken apart, the finesse of design inside and outside was amazing. So regardless of where they are from, what they've done, or what Trump thinks of them - they have my respect for what they've engineered. And I'll keep on using mine till it dies. But due to old Android, not put anything important on it, so I guess when it is gone, I'll be forced to replace it with another brand, and I hope there's something out there by then which can at least beat Huawei at the photography game by then.

Agree! I use my Huawei GR5 2017 as my back-up phone now. Unfortunately, won't go above Android version 7 so no good for apps from the newer Neo Banks. No NFC either but not a great problem. 

On 1/15/2024 at 7:37 AM, petermik said:

He was there yesterday Sunday

I returned Tuesday, new battery installed 500b total, took about 45 minutes...job well done.

Thank-you Petermik

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, trevor67 said:

I returned Tuesday, new battery installed 500b total, took about 45 minutes...job well done.

Thank-you Petermik

I had a new one installed at the Huawei repair center close to where we live in the North, my wife said, don't do it, it will die in under one year. I paid 1,000 baht and six months later it needs charging every day. I see a new phone in my immediate future, I hope you have better luck.