How much cash do you have?

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I also have cash and other fairly liquid assets in Australia. Enough to last until I am over 100

What will you use for cash, after that?

Always best not to live beyond your means, me thinks.

(I think this second utterance has two meanings.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What will you use for cash, after that?

Always best not to live beyond your means, me thinks.

(I think this second utterance has two meanings.)

I will still have the Australian OAP, if the politicians haven't decreed euthanasia for me beforehand.

55 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I will still have the Australian OAP, if the politicians haven't decreed euthanasia for me beforehand.

Personally, I would not go so far as to encourage euthanasia for you; this is a personal choice, I believe.

Anyway, if you do not live to at least 105, I will be most surprised.

Furthermore, if you should not live to age 105, I hope you will send me a PM, so that I know.  I will still be here on TV, for sure, awaiting your news.

I would guess that you will live quite a bit longer than you now anticipate, just due to advances in medicine during the next eight years.

I can't provide you with any guarantees, but this is just my prognostication based on my present understanding of science and the predicted advances in medicine now already in the works.

Good luck to you.  But, for sure, I just hope that you do not outlive your GF who enjoys the light emanating from your posterior, as do we all.

As long as the mind remains lucid, then life remains valuable to each and every one of us, no matter our advanced age.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1

Holding physical cash is......well.....a poor use of cash.  At the moment I have the equivalent of 6k baht.  And it is well-hidden away from the prying eyes of wife, family, governments, and the odd TV member who may want to know how much cash I have. 

In Thailand I generally keep enough for between a few days up to a full week of anticipated expenses.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Personally, I would not go so far as to encourage euthanasia for you; this is a personal choice, I believe.

Anyway, if you do not live to at least 105, I will be most surprised.

Furthermore, if you should not live to age 105, I hope you will send me a PM, so that I know.  I will still be here on TV, for sure, awaiting your news.

I would guess that you will live quite a bit longer than you now anticipate, just due to advances in medicine during the next eight years.

I can't provide you with any guarantees, but this is just my prognostication based on my present understanding of science and the predicted advances in medicine now already in the works.

Good luck to you.  But, for sure, I just hope that you do not outlive your GF who enjoys the light emanating from your posterior, as do we all.

As long as the mind remains lucid, then life remains valuable to each and every one of us, no matter our advanced age.

IMO it's time to pull the plug when one no longer has quality of life. Physical as well as mental. Mens sana in corpore sano.

I have already availed myself of several miracles of modern medicine, and accept my luck may run out at any time.

The light emanates from my GF's posterior in equal measure.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO it's time to pull the plug when one no longer has quality of life. Physical as well as mental. Mens sana in corpore sano.

I have already availed myself of several miracles of modern medicine, and accept my luck may run out at any time.

The light emanates from my GF's posterior in equal measure.

Thank you for your good wishes.

The female's posterior is superior.

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

Enough! :whistling:

That's funny from a guy whose moniker is 2baht.  :tongue:

IMO i's never enough , wealth is like closet space.

However many you have, they will all be filled and you will need more. :smile:

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

One can never have enough of a good thing.

And, CASH is just one of the best examples of this truism.

Have you noticed males are quite willing to spend vast amounts of cash in pursuit of a female posterior, whereas the reverse is quite rare?

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Have you noticed males are quite willing to spend vast amounts of cash in pursuit of a female posterior, whereas the reverse is quite rare?

Never noticed.

I am not that interested in the behavior of males.

Seldom even consider the question.

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's a lot of Kips , you should diversify . I hear Argentine Pesos is the high roller way to go. 

It's also a lot of Dong. Do you have big dong OP?         :whistling:

16 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Hmmm.  13mthb....

So you are one serious illness away from broke.

If 3 million in a Thai public hospital don't cure you then your a goner IMO.

As a foreigner I doubt even a transplant would be available.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

It's also a lot of Dong. Do you have big dong OP?         :whistling:

I don't invest in cold countries currencies, because I experienced shrinkage in my Dong  

I Find warm asian countries to give me a better rate of exchange on my Dong size:tongue:  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't invest in cold countries currencies, because I experienced shrinkage in my Dong  

I Find warm asian countries to give me a better rate of exchange on my Dong size:tongue:  

My Dong is comparable to Cameroon, maybe move there it might get bigger, taking inflation into account. :wink:

16 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I've found it takes a lot of effort, determination and some luck to build up enough savings/assets and investments to provide a decent income in retirement.

good point. i have often wondered how many older foreigners i cross every day got their parents' inheritance. my old man is 94 and my mom is 83. it is unlikely i will see anything for the 20 next years or so. and even then they will likely have squandered it on retirement homes. other than that, if i actually care to compare myself to others here i am quite poor.

• Like 1

After last night's alcoholocaust and threesome with my girlfriends from '6, I think I'm down to about 12,000 baht until mummy sends me my next monthly 350k allowance.

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

Another aseannow first!

Seems like we have some high rollers here, so I ask you straight up.

How much cash do you have in your account, either sitting or invested?

Me, straight up almost 13mb.

A pittance to most and a small fortune to some.

I am 50, but I mostly fkd around most of my life, so I think I did ok.

How about you Bitcoin, real estate and investment zillionaires?

Got somewhat less than that but have about 4 Million flowing in yearly. Out of laziness and lack of greed I kept it 100% liquid, which served me neatly to get the LTR visa, and to plan income tax in case they removed our (LTR) tax exemption.

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

Me, straight up almost 13mb.

A pittance to most and a small fortune to some.

I am 50, but I mostly fkd around most of my life,

Wow!  I assume no wife and kids in your past or current home owned free and clear?

....  That seems like a lot of baht saved at 50 yo to me....370k USD equivalent