Virtual Pc 2007 On Vista Home Premium?

samran

OK....

Background: total computer numptie....

I've got Vista Home Premium, and I need (I think) to download Virtual PC 2007 so that I can use UOB internet banking. I say this as the UOB website says I need MS Virtual Machine, but only gives me the option of downloading the XP version.

Problem is, I find out that Vista Home Premium doesn't suport Virtual PC 2007.

What then are my options? Should I forget about it? Install it anyway and hope for the best? Or should I download the one for XP?

Have no clue....

Thanks in advance.

What then are my options? Should I forget about it? Install it anyway and hope for the best? Or should I download the one for XP?

I would download it and try to see if it works. If not, VMWare Workstation 6.0 does work under Vista. Just not clear why they require a Virtual PC except required to use the older version of IE.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about MS Java Virtual Machine, this is not the same as Virtual PC 2007, that is used to run a complete Operating system inside an isolated virtual machine. Ms Java Virtual Machine will be discontinued, that's why there is no vista version, go to java.com and download the Java runtime envirornment.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about MS Java Virtual Machine, this is not the same as Virtual PC 2007, that is used to run a complete Operating system inside an isolated virtual machine. Ms Java Virtual Machine will be discontinued, that's why there is no vista version, go to java.com and download the Java runtime envirornment.

Thanks, but already have Java on my computer.

I tried calling UOB but they said to download the XP version of it, but of course, Vista said it wasn't compatable and wouldn't let the .exe run. Their website has it down as "Download Microsoft Virtual Machine for Windows XP" which is why I though the Virtual PC 2007 link was the update.

Am all confused now.

Okay, so they keep insisting on MS java, boy they need to do some work on their website I would say, as MS java will be discontinued on december of this year. according to http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/default.mspx

Anyway maybe try and run the .exe in compatibilty mode and as admin, but again I'm surprised it won't work with Sun java.

Thanks.

1) how to run in compatabilty mode?

2) just running on sun Java means that after I enter the passwork, the log-in screen freezes, and I have to go to the task manager to close IE.

Java problems, sometimes they are a real nuisance.

Anyway, you just right click the executable and choose properties, there should be a compatibility tab, there you just select run it in comp. mode and you can select the OS, default is xp sp 2.