When will the Smoking Season in CM Begin in Earnest: Any Bets?

As we all know, when the smoking season in Thailand begins in earnest, then many of us will spend much more time indoors than outdoors.

As I have also mentioned, several times, I do NOT mind the Smoking Season, but often welcome it.

The Smoking Season provides me an excuse to remain indoors and attend to many things, such as working on my new book.

Also, The Smoking Season allows me to spend more time with the Chinese students who really need me to set them straight about things like Biology, The Meaning of Life, and other matters of import about which some of them have fairly limited understanding.

So...YEAH....Even though the Smoking Season is abhorred by many here in Thailand, yet for me, I take the Smoke in Stride, and just do my best to enjoy it more than many of you might expect.

After many months of very clean air, I even find myself looking forward to some at-home time, behind my house gate, walled up in my house, with Gaffers Tape sealing my windows, snug as a bug in a rug so to speak.

My only complaint is that, each year, I have found it difficult to predict how severe the Smoking Season will be, and when it will begin.

Are there any METRICS we can look at to more predictably predict the approximate week of the year when the white stuff will descend upon us? 

As we know from experience, when the white stuff fills the air at night, then the street lamps turn fuzzy, and there are circular patterns caused by refraction of the light rays from the street light passing through the smoke, which I also appreciate.  (Are these circular patterns due to refraction of light?  In my opinion, unschooled overly much by Physics, I would say....YES!  And, this might be called the TYNDALL EFFECT:

image.png.5fd80f27c65b9bc442a1012b3a7cac42.png

So therefore, we can see that there will be a lot to learn from this next Smoking Season, whenever it finally descends upon us in EARNEST.

a.  When will the REAL Smoking Season begin, and not just this early precursor to the real Smoking Season?

b.  How severe and HEAVY do you think the Smoke of 2024 will become during the next several months?

I am VERY GLAD to be able to experience life here in all its splendor, culturally, as well as in many other ways.

I am sure this is the case with others, such as I, who have lived in Asia, not just SE Asia, most of their lives.

Make sure to have a few air purifiers and a few large rolls of Gaffers Tape on hand before the Smoke arrives, is my best advice.

Best regards,

Gamma

Edited by GammaGlobulin