One2Call Issue.

On 1/14/2024 at 8:32 AM, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, I use One2Call for my local calls. As I very rarely use this I've built up 300 baht in my account. I checked *121# and I noticed that the balance is intact but they have stated that its valid until 23/02/24. So what happens then. I don't see why I should have to top up when I have a credit balance.. Is this another Thai scam ? Thanks.

No, not a scam, but rules to follow when you set up your account. 

No Thai bashing appropriate here. Just normal business. It's up to you to go to another supplier.🙏

22 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Besides when you top up your phone you should not be forced to top it up again before a certain date if your calls have not ran out., so they are greedy.

Your not just paying for calls, but the service infrastructure. It's dirt cheap, less than 10THB / month,  so I don't know what the issue is.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, steve187 said:

I believe if you Dial *500*9#  will Add 30 days validity for 30 THB taken from balance

It’s a package for 30 minutes of any network calls over 5 days plus 30 days of SIM validity. If that USSD code doesn’t work, try *777*30#

Hi there, I use One2Call for my local calls. As I very rarely use this I've built up 300 baht in my account. I checked *121# and I noticed that the balance is intact but they have stated that its valid until 23/02/24. So what happens then. I don't see why I should have to top up when I have a credit balance.. Is this another Thai scam ? Thanks.

I am also on One2Call PAYG, same circumstances as you, using it very little.

What happens then is that you will only be able to receive incoming calls until you top up again......happened a couple of times last year.

The balance remains intact......you don't lose any money.

If you use 12C for only local calls, then you should investigate changing to "gomo mobile from AIS"   It is 599 THB for 12 months and also gives you internet anywhere you are.  The really only issue, need to change your "sim card", which means a new number.

I use 12C for my international calls and gomo within the Thai borders (have a "2 sim card" smart phone.)  This allows me to use my phone for "Google Maps" app for traveling within Thailand.

16 minutes ago, fceligoj said:

If you use 12C for only local calls, then you should investigate changing to "gomo mobile from AIS"   It is 599 THB for 12 months and also gives you internet anywhere you are.  The really only issue, need to change your "sim card", which means a new number.

I use 12C for my international calls and gomo within the Thai borders (have a "2 sim card" smart phone.)  This allows me to use my phone for "Google Maps" app for traveling within Thailand.

It’s 99 baht for 12 months… plus calls. 

On 1/14/2024 at 10:31 AM, msbkk said:

First of all you do not need to top up every month, you can do 12 top ups in a row within minutes and have 1 year time added.

Not exactly, the validity can only be extended to 12 months, not by 12 months.  If there is two month's validity left only ten top-ups would be able to extend it, twelve top-ups would waste the additional two top-ups.                  

I noticed that the balance is intact but they have stated that its valid until 23/02/24. So what happens then. I don't see why I should have to top up when I have a credit balance.. Is this another Thai scam ? Thanks.

On 1/14/2024 at 8:47 AM, KhunBENQ said:

It's not a new scam but an old scam 😊

It is not "a scam", old, new or another.  SIMs can only be extended to twelve months validity and with every top-up the user is advised of that extended expiration date.  If the user decides not to use the credit knowing the expiry date and allows the validity to expire, that is his problem, not a scam.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not exactly, the validity can only be extended to 12 months, not by 12 months.  If there is two month's validity left only ten top-ups would be able to extend it, twelve top-ups would waste the additional two top-ups.                  

Yes, correct. The poster asked about an expiring Sim card.  I assumed that nobody with a remaining long validity will top up several months in a row.

Edited by msbkk