One2Call Issue.

Hi there, I use One2Call for my local calls. As I very rarely use this I've built up 300 baht in my account. I checked *121# and I noticed that the balance is intact but they have stated that its valid until 23/02/24. So what happens then. I don't see why I should have to top up when I have a credit balance.. Is this another Thai scam ? Thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 2

It's not a new scam but an old scam 😊

The credit would really be lost on 24 Feb.

There is no escape but doing smallest possible top up.

It's 12 Baht for 10 Baht credit at the orange colored machines that are everywhere. Other methods require minimum 20 Baht.

If you know another 12call user who uses much credit for phone calls you can transfer the credit but the validity doesn't extend.

I really wish I would find another way.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It is normal for a 'use by date' on pay as you go phones.

It releases phone numbers back into the system (and makes more money for the provider).

Fortunately it takes longer until an "unused" number is released. I forgot the exact timing.

• Thanks 1

Forgot to mention: the 10 (20) Baht top up extends the validity of the complete credit for one month.

DON'T think a single 100 Baht top up would extend by 10 months.

10 times 10 (20) Baht will 😁

(max 12 months)

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have a One2Call I rarely use and top it up one or two months after the valid until date sometimes, and the old balance is not lost and the validity extended another 30 days. One just cannot use the SIM except to receive calls until you do add more money. 5-10THB will give another months validity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I have a One2Call I rarely use and top it up one or two months after the valid until date sometimes, and the old balance is not lost and the validity extended another 30 days. One just cannot use the SIM except to receive calls until you do add more money. 5-10THB will give another months validity.

If I stop paying will One2Call eventually disable my account ?

5 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

If I stop paying will One2Call eventually disable my account ?

Once the validity expires your phone will go to "receive calls only", a little while later you will get calls/texts from the call centre.

Eventually your number will stop working but I'm not sure if they can actually kill the balance.

30 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Once the validity expires your phone will go to "receive calls only", a little while later you will get calls/texts from the call centre.

Eventually your number will stop working but I'm not sure if they can actually kill the balance.

The balance will not really be confiscated. I had this problem once with a secondary Sim card. After expiry you have 6 weeks to top up. I missed that and went to AIS. The staff was very helpful and found out that my number was given to another customer 6 weeks after expiry date. I was given a new Sim card with new number ready topped up with my previous balance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

So is there a way to top up 10 baht per month without an orange machine. Where I live we don't even have an ATM close by.

Do you have internet banking? In this case you can top up 20 Baht per time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NONG CHOK said:

Thank you msbkk, how do I top up my phone using my internet banking.

Which bank?

Look for "mobile top-up" or similar, the myAIS app also has top-up functionality. 

First of all you do not need to top up every month, you can do 12 top ups in a row within minutes and have 1 year time added.

Do you use a banking app? There is a function top up on most apps, some banks have this under payments. It is a bit different from bank to bank.

If using a web browser it is basically the same, just look up payments, top up. As with the apps it is a bit different between banks.

Edited by msbkk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, I use One2Call for my local calls. As I very rarely use this I've built up 300 baht in my account. I checked *121# and I noticed that the balance is intact but they have stated that its valid until 23/02/24. So what happens then. I don't see why I should have to top up when I have a credit balance.. Is this another Thai scam ? Thanks.

Yes it is, I have the same problem. Phone companies are beginning to get as greedy for your cash as banks and insurance companies.

27 minutes ago, msbkk said:

I do not see anything in my Bangkok bank App to allow me to do this.

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

My balance went up by 20 baht and my expiry date has been extended by one month. That's saving me nearly 1,000 baht per annum for something I rarely use. Once again, thanks all.

34 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

There is a top up function when opening the app under quick banking, click on that, than AIS12C, type in phone number and select amount.

Edited by msbkk
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:
1 hour ago, msbkk said:

On the landing page upon opening the banking app, left-hand side under 'Quick banking', there's a 'Top up' button. Once you have used it, it remembers the number you last topped up. If you want to top up a different number, reselect the carrier button rather than the 'remembered' top up button.

If you have the AIS (or DTAC, or TRUE) account app installed on your phone, you can top-up from there. If you chose to top-up from there, it will launch a login to your banking app as above.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

On the landing page upon opening the banking app, left-hand side under 'Quick banking', there's a 'Top up' button. Once you have used it, it remembers the number you last topped up. If you want to top up a different number, reselect the carrier button rather than the 'remembered' top up button.

If you have the AIS (or DTAC, or TRUE) account app installed on your phone, you can top-up from there. If you chose to top-up from there, it will launch a login to your banking app as above.

Thanks. everything fine now.

6 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

As an alternative to buying credit via top-up, you can use existing credit to buy time at the rate 1B/day max 30 days each application. 

The cheapest way to buy long time periods is to make repeat 10B credits at a machine. Each credit will require an additional 2B commission 12B total for each top-up. I believe 11 months is maximum .

7 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

the minimum top up is 20 baht thanks to all for your assistance

You can also do 10THB top ups using a mobile phone app such as KBank credit card pay or top up from a Rabbit Card amongst others. The KPlus app starts at 20THB.

9 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Good point. Now I remember the case where my wife was not able to do calls.

So they follow the rule NOT to cash in the credit.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:44 AM, NoshowJones said:

Yes it is, I have the same problem. Phone companies are beginning to get as greedy for your cash as banks and insurance companies.

It's effectively 10 baht a month for the convenience of a mobile phone, hardly greedy.

30 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

It's effectively 10 baht a month for the convenience of a mobile phone, hardly greedy.

Not in my AIS shop it isn't. Besides when you top up your phone you should not be forced to top it up again before a certain date if your calls have not ran out., so they are greedy.

• Thumbs Up 1