60 day tourrist visa problem

12 hours ago, Liquorice said:

No difference.

Only for certain visa types, you have to be a national or a permanent resident of the Country you're applying, such as the Non Imm O-A.

The requirements whether you need to be a national, have PR, or not, will be posted on the Thai Embassy websites for the specific visa types.

There is a difference between the old walk in applications and applying  on line via the evisa system.

your telling me I'm wrong and then you said the same that I did, check with embassy website for the requirement on that visa

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

There is a difference between the old walk in applications and applying  on line via the evisa system.

your telling me I'm wrong and then you said the same that I did, check with embassy website for the requirement on that visa

In the OP's case, he should have applied online via a US Embassy/Consulate.
It isn't a requirement to be a US national or permanent resident to do so for a TV.

The e-visa system is a smart system that will direct your application to the relevant Embassy for processing based on the information you input.

Due to the fact he stated a UK address, I believe it was direct to the London Embassy, but he uploaded a flight departing the US.

Each application may vary, and my comments are purely based on the OP's situation.

From the US DC website.  https://washingtondc.thaiembassy.org/en/page/trsingle-entry

Visa procedures for Non-Thai Nationals wishing to obtain Tourist Visa (Single & Multiple-Entry)

TR-Single Entry valid for 3 months from the date of issuance

TR-Multiple Entries valid for 6 months from the date of issuance

Travelers must enter Thailand within the validity period. Length of stay in Thailand is up to 60 days, counting from the date of entry. *The extension is possible for another 30 days, with a maximum period of stay of 90 days, counting from the date of entry.

o  This Visa is for tourism and leisure activities only.

o  If the TR Visa holders breach the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked, and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.

If the applicant does not have a valid Visa or re-entry permit, the applicant must request a visa, at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, by filling in the information and uploading all required documents online at https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ (Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable)

For instructions, please check https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf

Required documents to upload in the system (Large and clear JPEG or PDF format): 

1. Passport Biodata Page or Travel Document (Must be valid within 6 months from travel date)
  2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months
  3. Document indicating current location (driving license, bank statement, or proof of stay)
  4. Flight itinerary to Thailand and depart from Thailand. The itinerary must include the applicant's name, travel dates, airports, and flight number
  5. Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand

***Additional Documents***

For non-US citizens, please provide additional documents:
– A copy of the permanent resident alien card or a copy of a valid US visa (at least 6 months validity).
– A letter of proof of employment (**we don’t accept pay stubs**) confirming the position and work status hand-signed by the authorized HR Department or Manager. Please note that the acceptance or job offer is not sufficient.
For students, a letter is proof of full-time student status (I-20).
For self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name.

As the OP is working in the US, presumably legally, and therefore has the appropriate US visa.
No requirement to be a US citizen applying for a TV from the US with a UK passport.

He obviously made errors in completing the online application, or not uploaded sufficient documents, causing the application to be directed to London, who are requesting flight details from the UK.
That doesn't alter the fact that as a UK national, he couldn't apply for a TV online from the US.

It's possible and, more than likely, the OP completed the online application without first checking the requirements for a non US citizen.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

In the OP's case, he should have applied online via a US Embassy/Consulate.
It isn't a requirement to be a US national or permanent resident to do so for a TV.

The e-visa system is a smart system that will direct your application to the relevant Embassy for processing based on the information you input.

Due to the fact he stated a UK address, I believe it was direct to the London Embassy, but he uploaded a flight departing the US.

Each application may vary, and my comments are purely based on the OP's situation.

From the US DC website.  https://washingtondc.thaiembassy.org/en/page/trsingle-entry

Visa procedures for Non-Thai Nationals wishing to obtain Tourist Visa (Single & Multiple-Entry)

TR-Single Entry valid for 3 months from the date of issuance

TR-Multiple Entries valid for 6 months from the date of issuance

Travelers must enter Thailand within the validity period. Length of stay in Thailand is up to 60 days, counting from the date of entry. *The extension is possible for another 30 days, with a maximum period of stay of 90 days, counting from the date of entry.

o  This Visa is for tourism and leisure activities only.

o  If the TR Visa holders breach the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked, and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.

If the applicant does not have a valid Visa or re-entry permit, the applicant must request a visa, at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, by filling in the information and uploading all required documents online at https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ (Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable)

For instructions, please check https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf

Required documents to upload in the system (Large and clear JPEG or PDF format): 

1. Passport Biodata Page or Travel Document (Must be valid within 6 months from travel date)
  2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months
  3. Document indicating current location (driving license, bank statement, or proof of stay)
  4. Flight itinerary to Thailand and depart from Thailand. The itinerary must include the applicant's name, travel dates, airports, and flight number
  5. Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand

***Additional Documents***

For non-US citizens, please provide additional documents:
– A copy of the permanent resident alien card or a copy of a valid US visa (at least 6 months validity).
– A letter of proof of employment (**we don’t accept pay stubs**) confirming the position and work status hand-signed by the authorized HR Department or Manager. Please note that the acceptance or job offer is not sufficient.
For students, a letter is proof of full-time student status (I-20).
For self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name.

As the OP is working in the US, presumably legally, and therefore has the appropriate US visa.
No requirement to be a US citizen applying for a TV from the US with a UK passport.

He obviously made errors in completing the online application, or not uploaded sufficient documents, causing the application to be directed to London, who are requesting flight details from the UK.
That doesn't alter the fact that as a UK national, he couldn't apply for a TV online from the US.

It's possible and, more than likely, the OP completed the online application without first checking the requirements for a non US citizen.

There was no need to copy and paste all that info to me. Good reading for others that may have questions.. I read the requirements for myself of whatever visa when I need to apply. It doesn't change what I said which the evisa system on line is different than the old walking in and apply and has some requirement that were not there in the past. I agree its probably just a mix up in what he uploaded and identifying his location improperly.

On 1/16/2024 at 5:32 PM, Keeps said:

Not entirely convinced this would work. They do specify on the website that they want to see a confirmed E-Ticket (as stated in the OP's initial post). I don't think an itinerary without confirmed ticket would work.

I can confirm it can be done on the UK site, many people have done it. Some countries do need flight confirmation of flight, the UK no.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:09 PM, Liquorice said:

Almost all nationalities can apply for a Tourist visa at any Thai Embassy where they may be temporarily located, as others have noted above.

That is untrue. There are many embassies where you can only apply if you are either a national of the country or a resident, if you are just visiting you can not apply for a visa from that country. Two that I know of are the embassy and consulate in Japan and the Singapore embassy.

This has been becoming more and more strict over the years. 
There are still countries where visitors can get a visa, so just because you are in a country that allows it doesn’t mean others are the same.

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is untrue. There are many embassies where you can only apply if you are either a national of the country or a resident, if you are just visiting you can not apply for a visa from that country. Two that I know of are the embassy and consulate in Japan and the Singapore embassy.

I should have said almost all Embassies.
Even then, most have an additional document list for non nationals, but some visitors can't provide them.
I note in Japan applications are still in person, whereas Singapore use the online system.

From the Thai Embassy in Singapore website;

https://singapore.thaiembassy.org/en/page/tourist-visa

Tourist Visa (TR) may be granted to visitors for tourism purposes in Thailand.

With the caveat;  The documents from Non- Thai and Non- Singaporean MUST be certified by respective embassy prior the submission of the documents

For anything else, use VE entry.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Liquorice said:

I should have said almost all Embassies.

No you should not have said almost all embassies. 
I gave examples of 2 countries where you must be either a native of the country or have long term residency, I am totally sure of my facts.

you have given examples of about 3/5 countries where you can get a visa if you are visiting.

just because you know of 3/5 and I know of 2 makes no difference. Just because some countries require in person and other countries allow/require online doesn’t change the policy. Just because an option is or is not in the online system doesn’t mean that it isn’t available. Just because you can apply through the online system doesn’t mean you will be successful.

Thai embassies and consulates make their own rules, they also change their rules, this means that you can not generalise.

The only safe point is from recent firsthand reports of successful or unsuccessful applications.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Thai embassies and consulates make their own rules, they also change their rules, this means that you can not generalise.

Which is why you should check the requirements of the appropriate Thai Embassy first.

I'll repeat, many Thai Embassies can issue a Thai TV for non nationals, providing they meet the additional requirements.

Just because you couldn't meet the requirements to apply in Japan, does not mean others cannot.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Just because you couldn't meet the requirements to apply in Japan, does not mean others cannot.

Having received about 30 visas from the Thai consulate in Tokyo, from 3 different locations, they moved the consular section,

I have never been refused.

This does mean that I have spent many hours in those offices and have witnessed people being refused, on a couple of those occasions I was asked to help by an embassy officer, so I do have personal knowledge of the refusals and reasons for them. Most were because they didn’t have the section 10 requirement “One copy of residence card or certificate of alien registrationthat means nobody who is just visiting Japan can get a tourist (or almost any) visa 

FWIW I have never had a visa application refused for any country.

The conditions were more free in the past, not so now.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Having received about 30 visas from the Thai consulate in Tokyo, from 3 different locations, they moved the consular section,

I have never been refused.

This does mean that I have spent many hours in those offices and have witnessed people being refused, on a couple of those occasions I was asked to help by an embassy officer, so I do have personal knowledge of the refusals and reasons for them. Most were because they didn’t have the section 10 requirement “One copy of residence card or certificate of alien registrationthat means nobody who is just visiting Japan can get a tourist (or almost any) visa 

FWIW I have never had a visa application refused for any country.

The conditions were more free in the past, not so now.

I think our wires are crossed.
Please reread what I stated, which is that almost all non nationals can apply in the Country they're residing for a TV for Thailand, subject to meeting the requirements.

I think you've interpreted that as meaning tourists, which is not what I said.

In the case of applying in Japan, as you've correctly pointed out, a non-Japanese national requires a 'residence card', not to be confused with 'permanent residency', to apply for a TV for Thailand.
A residence card can be is issued to a person who stays in Japan over three months. (The person is called mid-to-long-term resident.) 

Therefore, a non-Japanese national can apply for a TV to Thailand without being a permanent resident, which is all I stated.