Can't get my head around it.

Just trying to find the best and cheapest flight from Perth to BKK. I do love non-stop since I am disabled. So, the best quote was from Thai which does non-stop. So, it says the price is 688 AUD for a return flight but when you see the booking it goes up to 986 AUD. what is the increase for? It does not explain on the website. So, what is it? 

• Confused 1

My experience with TG non-stop services BKK-PER in 2022/23 was they get expensive and overbooked fast, even Business Class. Also, it was seasonal service, so if that's still the case, maybe not available for most of the year.

49 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My experience with TG non-stop services BKK-PER in 2022/23 was they get expensive and overbooked fast, even Business Class. Also, it was seasonal service, so if that's still the case, maybe not available for most of the year.

It is available for the whole year I checked, and I prefer Thai because it is non-stop because I am slightly handicapped. I just can't understand the pricing it gives you a certain price and when you go to the details it gives you the price plus 250 dollars and no explanation why they add the extra 250.

19 hours ago, still kicking said:

Just trying to find the best and cheapest flight from Perth to BKK. I do love non-stop since I am disabled. So, the best quote was from Thai which does non-stop. So, it says the price is 688 AUD for a return flight but when you see the booking it goes up to 986 AUD. what is the increase for? It does not explain on the website. So, what is it? 

Book directly from the airline website 

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

It is available for the whole year I checked, and I prefer Thai because it is non-stop because I am slightly handicapped. I just can't understand the pricing it gives you a certain price and when you go to the details it gives you the price plus 250 dollars and no explanation why they add the extra 250.

Excellent. Here's hoping they do keep the flights going for the whole year as the global air travel market gets back in stride. The add-ons are passenger service charges, airport fees, security charges, taxes (from both ends) plus, plus. It's a pretty standard but unique set of add-ons depending on the origin and destination. Always been that way.

I am on a very low bandwidth satellite connection so can't get the airfare breakdown, but if you check out

matrix.itasoftware.com/search

and type in your PER-BKK flights and select the TG flight, that should throw up a page that gives a precise breakdown of the airfare being quoted. Matrix isn't a booking website, but it's very good for finding flights and checking airfares.

On 1/16/2024 at 5:23 AM, still kicking said:

Must be difficult life living on the Australian government old age pension,having to scrimp and haggle over $300 , being disabled forced into cattle class 

I have nothing but empathy for you , I do wonder though if you regret not working the overtime more in your past job , oh well .

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

TG recently announced daily flights on that route:

Thai Airways resumes daily Perth-Bangkok flights - Executive Traveller

26 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Must be difficult life living on the Australian government old age pension,having to scrimp and haggle over $300 , being disabled forced into cattle class 

I have nothing but empathy for you , I do wonder though if you regret not working the overtime more in your past job , oh well .

Way to empathize!

Always clear your cookies before booking your flight. I am not saying it will necessarily make a difference in this case, but generally, websites which have noted you definitely are going to make a booking (because they can see you searched for the same airports/dates several times) will often charge a premium.

Edited by rattlesnake