Pickup Truck Engine Failure Leads to Train Accident, Injuring Three

image.jpeg

A pickup truck experienced a critical engine failure, resulting in a collision with a high-speed train and causing injuries to three passengers. The incident unfolded at a railway crossing in Ban Nong Tao, Muang District, Lopburi, on January 15, at 4:52 PM.

Upon thorough investigation, it was uncovered that the stranded pickup truck, a Toyota bearing registration number BOR 3258 from Khon Kaen, failed to heed the train driver's warning signals despite being positioned on the tracks, reported Daily News.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

The high-speed train, en route from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, collided with the immobilized pickup truck, dragging it for over 100 meters before coming to a halt. While two passengers managed a timely escape, one individual remained trapped in the wreckage.

The driver, identified as Ms. Jaemjan Kasetwong, 56, residing in Ban Bribur, Sichompu, Khon Kaen, sustained critical injuries and is currently undergoing urgent medical treatment.

Efforts by rescue teams and medical personnel from Ban Nong Tao Hospital are underway at the scene. Railway authorities are coordinating operations to clear the tracks and resume train services.

Top Picture: Daily News

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-01-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I'll take a wild guess, the pick up truck is most likely a manual. Proper driver training the reason there is a stop sign prior to the crossing you stop prior to proceeding depending on size of vehicle have to make sure in front there is clearance once you proceed must clear completely.

In my testing for commercial drivers when manuals was pretty much only choice road test 1st time testing I fail 90% shifting to higher gear while crossing the chance engine cuts out is high so put it in first and roll through in thst gear no shifting in panic they flood the engine.

• Agree 1

On 1/16/2024 at 8:03 AM, JoePai said:

The high-speed train

Well that's a lie as no such thing in Thailand 

And I don't know why atrain would be going through Khon Kaen to Chiang Mai?

2 minutes ago, Lazybones said:

And I don't know why atrain would be going through Khon Kaen to Chiang Mai?

Sorry, i misread the op

On 1/16/2024 at 8:03 AM, JoePai said:

The high-speed train

Well that's a lie as no such thing in Thailand