Can anyone post what a 90 year lease paperwork looks like.

I have recently been binge watching on utube those videos regarding retiring in Thailand. The first thing that is obvious is that there is a bucket load of incorrect info discussed.

Back to the post title. None of the participants who have purchased a house have done so via the 51/49 company route. All have used the 90 year land lease and claim they have a separate document to prove ownership of the house. I am well aware a 90 year lease is impossible in Thailand, so curious how a 90 year lease is presented. Do you get 3 30 year leases dated consecutively and when one expires go to the land office and activate the second lease? What name is the land ownership in, ie. the chanote. Is it a company or individual name? What documentation do you get that says you own the house. There must be some sort of Sor Jor Kor legal document that has to prove ownership of the house with your name on. I was always told that the only way to divide a house from the land for a foreigner was to have his name on the, for want of a better name, the planning permission document before building commenced. Also all claim the lease with the remaining time frame can be passed on to their next of kin in the event of them passing.

• Haha 1

"I am well aware a 90 year lease is impossible in Thailand"

You are right, so why discuss this any further? It isn't worth the paper it is written on. You are only sure about the first 30 years.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Agree 1

You cant do a 90 year lease, so there is no paperwork to look at.

Yes, you are correct, there is no title/document when it comes to owning a structure, the best you can do is show you built the house (on someone else's land). But given you cannot sell it separately to the land, its a moot point.