Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Cyber scams

GregBow

Hi to all.

Some family in the village has lost a lot of cash to an app allegedly paying to rate content.

However once in there appear pay requirements to get higher rated content.

I am not really expert at all but seems there is a series of payments and once pay the first you cannot exit with your till you finish the set which then has more payment points getting higher till they cannot aford it.

Is there an authority who looks at crime like this and how would a farang go about presenting the detail and to who?

Just asking because apart from the kid who borrowed from the non existant mxxia money lenders in another town someone committed suicide because they were so deep and forged mum signature to sell family land.

I hate this parasitic stuff and would like to try do something.

Any ideas or similar issues please add.

Thanks Greg

There are many issues related to this sort of incident and I am very sorry for those that are caught by these thieves. If the money, and presumably it was , paid through a bank then the bank can take action and they can get the police involved since there has been a physical loss i.e. the money. I dont know how the messages came for this scam but if email look at the email address in and report it to the email company. Can you clarify as to what information you have regarding this scam? It may be easier to gather some information from it.

In the mean time I would report it with all documentation you have to the bank and register a fraud with the police.