Unhinged Russian Man Breaks into the Phuket Governor’s Office and Tries to Steal a Motorbike

webfact

20 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

It seems like the folks who go crazy are always shirtless.

Any theories on why this is?

Russian man hammer time Governor's office

Ukrainian man Patong this week

ruscraz1.jpg

418282481_356978077084979_8256898985437838306_n.jpg

Many doing the shirtless  routine all over Thailand especially on motorbikes 

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I've got nothing against Russians or Ukrainians, we're all unhinged to a greater or lesser degree. I can imagine that the stress levels felt by both citizens of these two countries must be higher than that for citizens of other countries, we aren't in a position to judge.

I disagree. Neither I nor my friends ever behave like that. And I do think we can judge <deleted>ty behaviour. It's not like the Russians here are the ones suffering from the war. A war their country started for no reason. Sorry, zero sympathy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I disagree. Neither I nor my friends ever behave like that. And I do think we can judge <deleted>ty behaviour. It's not like the Russians here are the ones suffering from the war. A war their country started for no reason. Sorry, zero sympathy.

The average Russian didn't start the war, those that are here are running from conscription (as are many Ukrainians). The stress would result from worrying about what would happen when they return and their source of income.

Getting to politics one could say that NATO ie. America isn't entirely without blame, against all agreements they have continually moved NATO's borders Eastwards, continually prodding the bear was never going to end well. America did a proxy Cuban invasion when the Russians moved Westwards. Neither the CIA or the Russian SVR are friends of peace and stability.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

The average Russian didn't start the war, those that are here are running from conscription (as are many Ukrainians). The stress would result from worrying about what would happen when they return and their source of income.

Getting to politics one could say that NATO ie. America isn't entirely without blame, against all agreements they have continually moved NATO's borders Eastwards, continually prodding the bear was never going to end well. America did a proxy Cuban invasion when the Russians moved Westwards. Neither the CIA or the Russian SVR are friends of peace and stability.

The average Russian by definition started the war as they elected Putin who is acting on their behalf. Blaming NATO and west for Russias invasion of Ukraine? And then using this as an excuse for Russians to be unhinged and behaved like d**ks? What?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, eisfeld said:

The average Russian by definition started the war as they elected Putin who is acting on their behalf. Blaming NATO and west for Russias invasion of Ukraine? And then using this as an excuse for Russians to be unhinged and behaved like d**ks? What?

You are thinking tribaly, my side can do no wrong. It's not even 'them and us' because we have no real idea what goes on behind the scenes and neither do the Russians but young Russians are absconding in their hundreds of thousands and many Ukrainians aren't too keen....no wonder. The Americans interfere and blunder internationally like a bull in a china shop. As for voting for Putin, it was Stalin who said votes don't matter, only the people counting the votes are important. There was an interesting rant from an old Russian woman in Moscow to a reporter saying voting in Russia is a farce, we all know who is going to 'win' before the vote. Before the Cuban crisis the US had missiles on the Turkish/Russian border, when the Russians put missiles in Cuba it was a threat to world peace, de-escalation came about when the US removed the missiles from Turkey and Russia removed theirs from Cuba.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

You are thinking tribaly, my side can do no wrong. It's not even 'them and us' because we have no real idea what goes on behind the scenes and neither do the Russians but young Russians are absconding in their hundreds of thousands and many Ukrainians aren't too keen....no wonder. The Americans interfere and blunder internationally like a bull in a china shop. As for voting for Putin, it was Stalin who said votes don't matter, only the people counting the votes are important. There was an interesting rant from an old Russian woman in Moscow to a reporter saying voting in Russia is a farce, we all know who is going to 'win' before the vote. Before the Cuban crisis the US had missiles on the Turkish/Russian border, when the Russians put missiles in Cuba it was a threat to world peace, de-escalation came about when the US removed the missiles from Turkey and Russia removed theirs from Cuba.

Humans are tribal so not sure what you want. Doesn't matter if Putin is doing real or fake elections - the russian population is letting him do his thing. It's their responsibility. Can't just throw the arms in the air and shrug without taking any responsibility.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

From what I heard from a fella who knows a female cop quite well, there's going to be a big 'swoop check' of Russians living in the Rawai and Chalong areas due more frequent complaints etc, maybe more will have to leave at some point soon.......... 

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

From what I heard from a fella who knows a female cop quite well, there's going to be a big 'swoop check' of Russians living in the Rawai and Chalong areas due more frequent complaints etc, maybe more will have to leave at some point soon.......... 

Sooner would be better..

• Like 1