Honda Giorno vs Yamaha Grand Filano

8 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

I do not recall needing a Cert of R for either of the bikes I purchased in the wastelands. New requirement or depends on the jongwat you are living in?

It depends on whether you’re registering it in your name or not 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Those are obviously all bikes for girls.

You can accessorize your scooter, this will make you feel less a nancy boy.

bbbbrighton-uk-27th-aug-2017-hundreds-of-mods-take-part-in-the-brighton-K1ED38.jpg

Edited by Dcheech
  • Haha 2

On 1/19/2024 at 4:45 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Those electronic key fobs are under 600 baht not 3,000, i bought one from Honda.  The oil pump gear fault effects many bikes, i changed mine on 160 Click, 300 baht, I didn't bother going to dealer

My tgf just lost her fob for a Honda 150i. The dealer, in Pattaya, charged 1500 for a replacement. 3k is definitely a rip off.

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My tgf just lost her fob for a Honda 150i. The dealer, in Pattaya, charged 1500 for a replacement. 3k is definitely a rip off.

3-4000 sound like replacing the whole ecu, which is required for case where you don't have the original keyring with the codes on a small card required to program new key to existing ecu

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Even 1500 is high, Thepprasit Honda charged me around 550 baht, i had the code, maybe that helps

Fobs (keys) For both Honda & Yamaha were a important item on checklist. 

Love the convenience but as much hassle as.  Yamaha Filano, back up fob on initial bike purchase, 900 B. If you buy later 1500 B. If you lose both Fob & do not have backup, plus lose ID number. You are now in deep do do. Not just more money but painful hoops to jump through. That for the Yamaha. 

Edited by Dcheech

On 1/22/2024 at 4:42 PM, Dcheech said:

Finished

418398071_2478735628999764_2130887677173362122_n.jpg

We were recently checking out scooters mainly for the wife with me being an occasional rider. The Giorno 125 looked good and ticked a lot of boxes but I think they were only recently introduced here so reliability, parts and service could be a problem for early adopters.

The Scoopy is on the small side for me and a butt ugly paint job on the Club12 models clearly targeting teens. The older Scoopys look all loose and rattly to me.

The Click looked like something from Star Wars and the older ones around mostly look like crap.

The Honda Lead was appealing but talking to a salesperson she said they are manufactured in Vietnam and will no longer be imported here because of a low profit margin. I have no idea if that's true so don't shoot the messenger. She also said replacement parts are slow to arrive because they come from Vietnam, that I can believe.

The Grand Filano Hybrid with ABS like the one you got was the best of the lot. At first I was put off by the term hybrid thinking too much high tech but reading up on it eased my concerns and sounds like a good thing not overly complicated. They are great looking with nice smooth lines, quiet and the older ones around still look good. Hope it works out well for you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I rented most bikes out there and drove them several days to get a good feel for them.  Grand Filano hybrid was my favorite. Also one of the cheaper ones and even comes with front disk brakes and ABS.   I like it better than a PCX (way overpriced imo) or NMAX.  Clicks have the gas tank under the seat which is inconvenient and limits storage.  Grand Filano has tons of storage under the seat.  Also a nice wide comfortable seat.  More maneuverable and narrower than a lot of other bikes, so good for weaving around and going in between traffic.  Also very fun to drive.  Unlike something like a Scoopy or Lead, it's good for a taller person.  You sit higher so your knees are not up to your chest.  You see lots of little thai girls riding them as well, they just need to sit a little further forward.

I haven't had the opportunity to rent a Giorno yet, so that is still on my todo list.  Visually, I prefer the look of the Filano, but I could probably get used to the look of the Giorno if I liked everything else about it.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thumbs Up 1