Exposed aggregate wall finish - guy wanna charge me 500 Baht per square meter (10 square feet), fair?

AndyAndyAndy

I reconstructed the entire house by purchasing all the materials myself and paying people only for the work. However, I encountered a significant problem when trying to find someone who could do an exposed aggregate wall finish - although I see this work done at every second house around here. I eventually managed to find a guy who is offering to work for 500 Baht per 1 square meter (10 square feet), with materials included and purchased by him. I have two major concerns with this:

1) I don't like the idea of someone else (Thai) purchasing the materials, as they will choose cheapest crap available.

2) It seems expensive, considering it's just cement and gravel. I'm pretty sure my previous guy could do it cheaper using ceramic tiles material included?

Does anyone know what are the prices in this sector?

2024-01-18_23-40.png.8614795bc4cafa8f0ce3389a99e5f090.png

For any (construction) quotation I insist on details what is the price for materials, and what is the labor.

And for materials, what exactly is it with brand, product name, etc.

I suggest you do the same.

I paid my contractor a little more for materials which I could have bought myself. And I did this because he will transport it to my (high rise) construction area and he is responsible for it. I.e. if I need 40sqm tiles then I pay for 40sqm. If he or his team destroy or damage anything they buy, that's their problem. I will not pay for more. And because that is a risk for them, I am willing to pay a little more (I think I paid 10 or 20% more, something like that).