Multi cookers in Thailand

I’m looking to buy a multi cooker. 
I want to buy a Ninja brand but as far as I can see they don’t sell them in Thailand. Something similar to this 

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/products/ninja-foodi-14-in-1-8-qt.-smart-xl-pressure-cooker-steam-fryer-with-smartlid-zidOL701

Anybody know of alternatives available in Thailand? 

If I imported one from overseas what do I need to be aware of? It’s a big item I’m not sure it would make sense to import one 

Instant Pot, which they have here, but I think it was cheaper if I ordered on Amazon.  "7 in 1 Neo", I think was the one I was thinking about.

Decided against it, as the only thing extra it provided that I didn't already have was 'pressure cooker', and only wanted that for beans and or cheap cuts of beef.

Does most thing good, but not rice :cheesy:

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Instant Pot, which they have here, but I think it was cheaper if I ordered on Amazon.  "7 in 1 Neo", I think was the one I was thinking about.

Decided against it, as the only thing extra it provided that I didn't already have was 'pressure cooker', and only wanted that for beans and or cheap cuts of beef.

Does most thing good, but not rice :cheesy:

The ninja was great cooking up a big chunk of meat. You could do 80% in the pressure cooker and then finish it using the “Tendercrisp” function to five it a nice crust on the outside. You think the instant pot could do this too? 

Edited by Startmeup

4 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

I’ve using a ninja (there are different models) for three weeks over the Xmas at my sisters place. Easiest cooking device I’ve ever used and I’m not a good cook and the food turned out great. 

They so sell the instant pot here, and about the same ball park price.  Saw one on LAZ/15K baht, states imported from UK.   

With that in mind, might want to check UK/EU Amazon sites, for Ninja, since familiar with, and may be cheaper even with S&H added.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

The ninja was great cooking up a big chunk of meat. You could do 80% in the pressure cooker and then finish it using the “Tendercrisp” function to five it a nice crust on the outside. You think the instant pot could do this too? 

Check the YT reviews, see how it compares.   Both seem to get good reviews.  If I didn't have too many appliances already, seems like a good one to have, complimented with an inexpensive air fryer for quick snacks.  Small counter foot print and low energy use with those two.

On the air fryer, I just picked up this one, and a bit redundant for me, but warming up to it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, McTavish said:

Lazada or Shopee sell 'Multi-cookers' or you might grab one at HomePro >  (I have a similar model - fantastic!)

image.png.1e86ed0eedb938a146984802e8f8bddc.png

Is it also a pressure cooker ?   I think that's what sets it/Ninja & Instant Pot apart from TH's offerings, along with name recognition, and decent track record.  Does come at a price point though.

Edited by KhunLA

43 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Is it also a pressure cooker ?   I think that's what sets it/Ninja & Instant Pot apart from TH's offerings, along with name recognition, and decent track record.  Does come at a price point though.

Yes, it is also a pressure cooker.

Mine is of a similar design with same functions and although a cheapie, bought 5 years ago, it performs just as well as my son's expensive Breville.  The pressure cooking function is quiet (and safe) compared with old-style cookers.

EDIT:  Despite HomePro labeling as a 'rice' cooker, it is in fact a multi-cooker.

Edited by McTavish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, McTavish said:

Yes, it is also a pressure cooker.

Mine is of a similar design with same functions and although a cheapie, bought 5 years ago, it performs just as well as my son's expensive Breville.  The pressure cooking function is quiet (and safe) compared with old-style cookers.

EDIT:  Despite HomePro labeling as a 'rice' cooker, it is in fact a multi-cooker.

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1241377

With the ninja I used pressure cook for 80% and then the last 20% was a tender crisp function to get a bit of a crust on the outside of my roast beef. Looking at the settings on the one you have how would you go about doing this on yours? 

6L seems a bit small for a 2kg roast but I would sacrafice the size if it does a good job given the price.

Edited by Startmeup

14 hours ago, Startmeup said:

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1241377

With the ninja I used pressure cook for 80% and then the last 20% was a tender crisp function to get a bit of a crust on the outside of my roast beef. Looking at the settings on the one you have how would you go about doing this on yours? 

6L seems a bit small for a 2kg roast but I would sacrafice the size if it does a good job given the price.

Sauté function might do it but I only ever do roasts in my bbq or electric oven.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:34 AM, KhunLA said:

They so sell the instant pot here, and about the same ball park price.  Saw one on LAZ/15K baht, states imported from UK.   

With that in mind, might want to check UK/EU Amazon sites, for Ninja, since familiar with, and may be cheaper even with S&H added.

Ive never imported anything here. Is there any issues getting deliveries for international products? Thought I read something about ridiculous taxes for imports that people get surprised with 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

Ive never imported anything here. Is there any issues getting deliveries for international products? Thought I read something about ridiculous taxes for imports that people get surprised with 

It's hit & miss on getting hit with customs import duty.  Used to be anyway.   Then it seemed everything of any size/weight or higher price was getting scrutinized.   Though now, especially from CH, most get ignored, unless size/weight/price is upper limits.   My experiences anyway.   100s of overseas purchases, most small/liight/inexpensive, and no problem.

Some laptops and larger electronic, not problem.  One heavy juicer, problem, but still cheaper than TH.  

TH, LAZ & Shopee vendors have gotten much better with their offerings.  Most things can be sourced in country/TH.

If importing, appliances, Amazon/EU for proper voltage, and they WILL charge you S&H + DUTY, but, will refund if they/duties are not collected, which apparently happens quite often.

I've never ordered from Amazon, other do happily.   I've actually had things sent over by independent shipping company, slow/boat and never import tax.  Though not really inexpensive, and someone packaged it for me in USA.

Hard to pass up the savings of the LocknLock suggested earlier, and seems to be lasting poster.  25ish % of price vs the Ninja & Instant Pot versions and seems to do the same.

And if it craps out, most electronics do very early on, as in first couple uses, you can take it back to HomePro easily (2yr warranty).

Happy Shopping

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I was forced to stay in capital city Sakon Nakhon for several weeks I bought the cheapest available cooker at BigC for warming food coming out of my fridge (see picture). My most favourate cooks are not always available late in the evening and in the weekends, so my food must be bought in the mornings. No bells and whistles here.

Screenshot_20240122-133933_Big C PLUS.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

It's hit & miss on getting hit with customs import duty.  Used to be anyway.   Then it seemed everything of any size/weight or higher price was getting scrutinized.   Though now, especially from CH, most get ignored, unless size/weight/price is upper limits.   My experiences anyway.   100s of overseas purchases, most small/liight/inexpensive, and no problem.

Some laptops and larger electronic, not problem.  One heavy juicer, problem, but still cheaper than TH.  

TH, LAZ & Shopee vendors have gotten much better with their offerings.  Most things can be sourced in country/TH.

If importing, appliances, Amazon/EU for proper voltage, and they WILL charge you S&H + DUTY, but, will refund if they/duties are not collected, which apparently happens quite often.

I've never ordered from Amazon, other do happily.   I've actually had things sent over by independent shipping company, slow/boat and never import tax.  Though not really inexpensive, and someone packaged it for me in USA.

Hard to pass up the savings of the LocknLock suggested earlier, and seems to be lasting poster.  25ish % of price vs the Ninja & Instant Pot versions and seems to do the same.

And if it craps out, most electronics do very early on, as in first couple uses, you can take it back to HomePro easily (2yr warranty).

Happy Shopping

Agreed. See if ive been led down the garden path over the next couple of weeks and need to go shopping again

IMG_7262.HEIC

From what I can see, this LocknLock is nothing more than a pressure cooker with different buttons that just do the same thing. It doesn’t matter what button you press you can only cook by pressure cooking.  

Garden path it is 

Edited by Startmeup