Thailand, Belgium to Consider Launch of Direct Flights

1705650624_209618-tnamcot-768x512.jpg

DAVOS, Jan 19 (TNA) – The launch of direct flights between Brussels and Thai airports has been discussed during the meeting between Thai Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Srettha Thavisin and Prime Minister Alexander De Croo of Belgium.

The Thai Prime Minister agreed to consider and assign THAI Airways International to look into the matter.

The two Prime Ministers also had a conversation on the elevation of Thai passport status to facilitate obtaining visas and making travel to Europe easier.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2024-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

3 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Don't understand why they have to discuss

For starters, they'll need two aircraft (which they don't have), three flight crew, ~ 60 FAs, a ground services contract, and slots at BRU.

* assumes daily service.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:19 PM, bamnutsak said:
On 1/20/2024 at 8:24 AM, Peterphuket said:

Don't understand why they have to discuss

For starters, they'll need two aircraft (which they don't have), three flight crew, ~ 60 FAs, a ground services contract, and slots at BRU.

* assumes daily service.

There has always been a direct service between Bangkok and Brussels by Thai airways.

On 1/20/2024 at 2:24 AM, Peterphuket said:

Don't understand why they have to discuss that after all before covid there was just a scheduled service why is it not resumed then.
Eventually to Denmark this was also resumed after all.

I also don't understand what the Belgium PM has to do with it. Either airlines think it will be profitable and they will do it, or they won't.

Edited by candide
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

There has always been a direct service between Bangkok and Brussels by Thai airways.

You mean before April 2020 when, because of COVID, TG stopped flying BKK-BRU? There are many one-stop options available today.

20 minutes ago, candide said:

I also don't understand what the Belgium PM has to do with it. Either airlines think it will be profitable and they will do it, or they won't.

Of course. My read was that the Belgium PM asked the Thai PM if he could prod TG into considering re-starting service to BRU. More of a diplomatic thing than a business thing.

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

You mean before April 2020 when, because of COVID, TG stopped flying BKK-BRU? There are many one-stop options available today.

Of course. My read was that the Belgium PM asked the Thai PM if he could prod TG into considering re-starting service to BRU. More of a diplomatic thing than a business thing.

Yes, one-stop options, there are many, but I want direct flights, and there are many before like China airlines, Eva air, KLM, all from AMS, and one from BRU (THAI air) But now there are only 2, KLM and Eva air, both from AMS, but I don't like Schiphol airport, very arrogant, BRU is much better.