Gaza destruction risks lost generation of children, says UN official

stats

14 hours ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

By your reasoning, Israel may do unto the Palestinians whatever, because they hold such extreme views. But, of course, you allow this to apply only in a one-sided manner. Guess your argument would be 'not all the Palestinians' or something....

As for the poster representing anything, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Being a newcomer to these topics, it's kinda hard to tell if he's genuine nutter or a troll.

Who are you referring to when you say “ the poster representing anything”?

why not put a name?

Edited by Voodoochile
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Irrelevant. The policy was not benign.

@ozimoron

If they were not issued work permits, you'd whine about it as well.

Do you somehow think Palestinians would prefer the option scrapped?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Who are you referring to when you say “ the poster representing anything”?

why not put a name?

I thought it was obvious, given previous posts on the same matter.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Part of the divide and conquer strategy. What proportion of those were Gazans compared to the west bank. I'll give you a clue, close to 100%

@ozimoron

Before 7/10 there were about 20k Gazans working in Israel. Given Hamas rule, it's actions and agenda, more limitations were placed on issuing work permits for them then West Bank Palestinians. Investigations already indicate that a significant part of the intelligence collected by Hamas came from such. I'm aware that you do not like to acknowledge Hamas's stance as having much to do with anything, but in this case, your comment is plain weird.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

I thought it was obvious, given previous posts on the same matter.

Well it’s not obvious to me so if you could be more specific?

So to you anybody who has an opinion you do not agree with or that is in minority is either “a nutter or a troll” ??

what a simple way to eliminate opinions that differ from yours.

great sense of debate you have their Morch.

Edited by Voodoochile
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voodoochile said:

Well it’s not obvious to me so if you could be more specific?

So to you anybody who has an opinion you do not agree with or that is in minority is either “a nutter or a troll” ??

great sense of debate you have their Morch

No, not anyone. People who post extreme views, and are newcomers to topics, possibly yes.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

“Newcomer”…in what way?

“Extreme views” that’s is a personal opinion.

Newcomer as in one who started being active on these topics recently.

Extreme views are extreme, and yours were called out as such by others. Even if it was just a 'personal opinion', what of it? My comment was a personal observation.

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Netanyahu has been preaching divide and conquer for almost a generation. It doesn't get much more hateful than that.

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh how wrong you are. 

Well, I don't know if 11 years counts as a generation but still...

"As far back as December 2012, Mr. Netanyahu told the prominent Israeli journalist Dan Margalit that it was important to keep Hamas strong, as a counterweight to the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank. Mr. Margalit, in an interview, said that Mr. Netanyahu told him that having two strong rivals, including Hamas, would lessen pressure on him to negotiate toward a Palestinian state."

source

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

"As far back as December 2012, Mr. Netanyahu told the prominent Israeli journalist Dan Margalit that it was important to keep Hamas strong, as a counterweight to the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank. Mr. Margalit, in an interview, said that Mr. Netanyahu told him that having two strong rivals, including Hamas, would lessen pressure on him to negotiate toward a Palestinian state."

source

Still wrong, my reference was to Hamas being much worse

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If that's the case why do you quote this to contradict?

"I just posted a quote from 2019 proving that divide and conquer has always been Netanyahu's policy."

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

source

OK, it's 2 generations.

a. The right of the Jewish people to the land of Israel is eternal and indisputable and is linked with the right to security and peace; therefore, Judea and Samaria will not be handed to any foreign administration; between the Sea and the Jordan there will only be Israeli sovereignty.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/original-party-platform-of-the-likud-party

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

OK, it's 2 generations.

a. The right of the Jewish people to the land of Israel is eternal and indisputable and is linked with the right to security and peace; therefore, Judea and Samaria will not be handed to any foreign administration; between the Sea and the Jordan there will only be Israeli sovereignty.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/original-party-platform-of-the-likud-party

Well, that's not really about divide and conquer, though, is it? It may be reprehensible, but it's a different issue.

If that's the case why do you quote this to contradict?

"I just posted a quote from 2019 proving that divide and conquer has always been Netanyahu's policy."

What? You quoted me. I responded. Enough of your nonsense

• Like 1

Well, that's not really about divide and conquer, though, is it? It may be reprehensible, but it's a different issue.

I was saying that the opposition to a 2 state solution in Israel by the ruling party goes back that far. The policy of divide and conquer (funding off Hamas) may or may not be a Netanyahu invention. I'd say it was a consensus invention. Netanyahu was the Likud party leader as far back as 1993. It's reasonable to assume he held those views and was influential in the party well before that.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

What? You quoted me. I responded. Enough of your nonsense

I cited the quote from Ozimoron:

You responded to that quote with this:  

Previously you accused me of mindreading. Given that you didn't reference "Hamas being much worse" in your reply but rather "divide and conquer",, one would have to be a mind reader to know that your reply was about "Hamas being much worse" and not about "divide and conquer."

• Sad 1

I cited the quote from Ozimoron:

Previously you accused me of mindreading. Given that you didn't reference "Hamas being much worse" in your reply but rather "divide and conquer",, one would have to be a mind reader to know that your reply was about "Hamas being much worse" and not about "divide and conquer."

I have been through this with the poster directly last night, no need to go through it with you again when you fail to even understand why I posted that. Mind reading eh.......

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Voodoochile said:

put babies in ovens etc. 

Still with that BS I see. It was disregarded almost as soon as it was put out there. Have you forgotten Biden having to withdraw the comments he made?

That sort of thing, along with calling a calendar a roster of Hamas and claiming a command center was under a hospital when they could not come up with any realistic proof, is why I do not consider anything from the IDF as trustworthy.

• Confused 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:20 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Still with that BS I see. It was disregarded almost as soon as it was put out there. Have you forgotten Biden having to withdraw the comments he made?

That sort of thing, along with calling a calendar a roster of Hamas and claiming a command center was under a hospital when they could not come up with any realistic proof, is why I do not consider anything from the IDF as trustworthy.

Ok let’s say it is BS, I also mentioned rape and torture, but I guess you are ok with those??

Biden, you mean that muppet who forgets what he says from one minute to another and can’t climb a flight of stairs without falling three times😄

no I don’t I live in Europe now (raised in the US) and over here no statements have been withdrawn considering the baby in the oven story and it was and is still taken seriously.

A documentary called “supernova” came out shows real footage of what happened at the music festival, footage taken from both Hamas and victims of the attack you should check it out and if that doesn’t change your point of view well then like I said before have the balls to say out loud that you support terrorism.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1