Thai Immigration updates online system for 90-day reporting

On 1/23/2024 at 7:40 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Just registered...I think as there was no notification.....just the log-in page came up....did that and nothing...the balls kept rolling:))) 

However...I use Apple, and from past Immigration things I've tried online, they've never worked. I asked at the IO, and the response was "Apple no good"

I am an Apple user and works most of the time. When it doesn't usually lots of posts from others saying they are having problems. Maybe they all own Apples.

21 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I hear it only works on certain browsers

I just did the application for the first time and it was a smooth experience. Chrome on macOS.

39 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I hear it only works on certain browsers

I suspect it favors Chrome or at least Chrome-based browsers. I use an almost pristine (free of extensions, notably ad blockers) Google Chrome to do my online reports, and they've always been approved in timely fashion.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:40 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Just registered...I think as there was no notification.....just the log-in page came up....did that and nothing...the balls kept rolling:))) 

However...I use Apple, and from past Immigration things I've tried online, they've never worked. I asked at the IO, and the response was "Apple no good"

Google Chrome on Apple Works Perfect.Had  MacBook pro with Chrome and now MacBook Air M2 with Chrome  works Fine for 90 Day reporting online .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, digger70 said:

Google Chrome on Apple Works Perfect.Had  MacBook pro with Chrome and now MacBook Air M2 with Chrome  works Fine for 90 Day reporting online .

I recall that the absolutely diabolical shambles of a first 90-day online report system was supposed to work ONLY on the equally appalling Internet Explorer. It was a shocker, and I bet some folks still can't forget that and allow it to shade their opinions.

It's much, much better now, but I wonder how many of the complainants are trying to file their reports on an ancient PC or laptop, limping along with Windows XP, IE and bloated with all sorts of antivirus and other utilities that they were encouraged to use from reading the old TV forum? You know who you are.

• Agree 1

Ouch, what gives?

I just used the 'new' (well since 2021) 90 day online system, all went smooth and Chaengwattana approved my application in 24 hours. 

I even followed their suggestion to applied ~15 days before expiry. So then, they cut 15 days off my 90 cycle. I must report again 90 days after applying, not from expiry of the current cycle. I've been here a while and don't remember having days cut before but I could be wrong. I used mail in for several years and returned to online 6*90 = 540 days ago.

Did they used to cut days from the cycle?

12 hours ago, rabas said:

Ouch, what gives?

I just used the 'new' (well since 2021) 90 day online system, all went smooth and Chaengwattana approved my application in 24 hours. 

I even followed their suggestion to applied ~15 days before expiry. So then, they cut 15 days off my 90 cycle. I must report again 90 days after applying, not from expiry of the current cycle. I've been here a while and don't remember having days cut before but I could be wrong. I used mail in for several years and returned to online 6*90 = 540 days ago.

Did they used to cut days from the cycle?

Yep, always from day you apply. I think it should be from due date but no. I renew my retirement extension up to 45 days in advance but it is alway 1 year from due date not application date. 

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:53 AM, Thailand said:

The super "new" system has just rejected my wife's 90 day because the system says she is on a tourist visa! 

She has been on a retirement extension of stay for 21 years!

So the unwanted trip to immigration is necessary yet again!

Glitches in the "new" system? On receipt of the "tourist" rejection for er indoors I immediately resubmitted  (Tuesday) as we were going away for a few days and could not go to immigration.

Wednesday morning she got an approval! TIT

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's much, much better now, but I wonder how many of the complainants are trying to file their reports on an ancient PC or laptop, limping along with Windows XP, IE and bloated with all sorts of antivirus and other utilities that they were encouraged to use from reading the old TV forum? You know who you are.

Can't see them getting very far in any event if they're still trying with their username and password for the Mk1 system!

Edited by OJAS

On 1/23/2024 at 9:23 AM, Presnock said:

now if we could just do a yearly update on line too, and no 90-day reports

Slap yourself man, have you forgotten where you are, no harm in dreaming I suppose... 

• Haha 1

The Immigration Bureau on Monday, Jan 22, 2024 announced a major upgrade to its online system for 90-day reporting.

Responding to the need for a more efficient and user-friendly system, the Bureau has revamped the online service.

This upgrade is anticipated to encourage more foreigners to opt for online reporting, thereby reducing the physical footfall at the offices.

According to your TM47 online landing page, the latest version is“ Version 2023.08.00 00-0223_223” please explain what technical upgrades / expansions you announced on Jan 22, 2024 as the last update to the solution is August 2023.

Unless you understand the disparity between any real-time synchronization between the immigration database and the 90-day online reporting database, you still have significant, “efficient and user-friendly” issues with the validity of the 90-day online reporting system user input data fields.

IMHO, you should implement an Enterprise Service Bus to connect the two systems in real-time.

https://www.oracle.com/technical-resources/articles/middleware/soa-ind-soa-esb.html

Additionally, for any rejected online TM47 submissions, you should have individual rejection codes for each category of rejection and display the submission field or fields in error along with the associated rejection code to allow users to correct the issue online with a resubmission, as indifferent to the current one line message for rejections," Go to your local immigration office".

Until you implement more intuitive technical improvements to the current TM47 online 90-day reporting system, you will find it difficult to achieve your desired goals as stated on Jan 22, 2024 announcement.

On 1/23/2024 at 4:32 AM, TaoNow said:

I tried to log in.

Couldn't pass the CAPTCHA test, despite many tries.

Make sure to turn off YOUR VPN as it will interfere withe CAPTCHA

On 1/23/2024 at 4:32 AM, TaoNow said:

I tried to log in.

Couldn't pass the CAPTCHA test, despite many tries.

My next 90 day report is due on 25th February.

As my Immigration off ice is 70 away I though that I would give the "new" 90 day online a road test.

It took me about 10 minutes to register on 02 February, some 23 days early, so I thought that having registered I would actually apply on Tuesday 13 February.

However in my email inbox this morning was a new extension dated valid to 25 May 2024.

Done and completed in 5 days or 3 working days.

I am impressed.

It has saved me or my wife, a 140km and a 2 and a bit hour, round trip.

• 2 weeks later...

for my February 5 90-day report, I got a reminder on day 16 prior to the 5 Feb date and immediately the next day, did my report.  Normall (last couple of times) I would

have a reply with the next 90-day report date.  This time however, I didn't so even sent a note via this forum if anyone else noticed something different this time.  One pers replied that he too waited, cancelled his report and then re-sent it  and got a reply within two days or so. I did that and got a rejected reply after a couple of days.   I had a new passport so just went to CM immigration, they had me first go to the TM.30 room in the rear of the main bldg which opened at 8:15 vice 8:30 so that as accomplished within 5 minutes, got back in line as had #16 queue number, when 8:30 arrived, they began by calling numbers in groups of 5 so my number was called within 5-10 minutes, went to the window - IO said oh take your old passport and go the 90-day window...did that, got a new 90-day schedule and went back to the window, didn't have to wait at all and IO checked, put it in my new P/P and sent me inside.  Window 2 does the transfers from old to new P/P.  handed that in, my queue # was less than 2 away from that which they were working on.  Waited over half an hour and then got my new P/P, old P/P back and was out of there at 9:15 so not such a bad day afterall at immigration.  Now I am  in the process of changing to an LTR visa.  Seems fairly simple but TIT so I a wait the decision on the paperwork.

If successful, then no moe 90-day reports at all, just the once a year to let them know I am still alive and kicking at the same address I guess.  Good luck to all.

On 1/23/2024 at 6:30 AM, ezzra said:

The best improvement will be to cancel this communist era, paranoiac system all together and save

everyone, the Immigration and all of us an unnecessary time and men power wasting exercise,

A country that gets aprox. 30 millions tourist a year and hundreds of thousands of expats should

have the best and most efficient system in the world but Thailand is still way, way far from it...

While we are at the waste of time immi bit, how about the TM.30 - if the landlord or wherever one stays doesn't want to or feel like filing the TM.30 which is a THAI national responsibility  since we are not land owners but I guess we could be if we had someone stay at our condo so anyway, the TM.30 is not the responsibility of the ex-pat that is changing location be it permanent or just a visit, if the land owner doesn't do a TM.30, does that person get fined ? no unless you fork over the 1400 baht or so, they won't process your 90-day or 1-year extension.  How come the ex-pat has to pay for a Thai lack of responsibility.  Seems like this should be a court

case.  Just like the traveller trying to leave, does a quick COVID test, tests positive so sent to the hospital for 10 days even if no actual problems with the COVID, so when released after ten days, is now overstayed due to hospitalization so has to pay a 4000 baht fine in order to leave Thailand. -  What a world in which we now find ourselves...we have to pay for locals errors or lack of responsibility, doesn't seem fair to me. 

90 day reporting system will be unavailable this coming weekend. Get reports in before then if possible .

Capture.JPG.94c761b9e6cae1fc15294c5377493acd.JPG

ETA. Just noticed this has already been posted. Apologies for the duplicate.

Edited by treetops
  • Thumbs Up 1