Thai Immigration updates online system for 90-day reporting

This development is expected to alleviate the chronic overcrowding at Immigration offices across the country.” I respectfully submit and even more effective addressing of the overcrowding. … 90 Day Reports by foreigners will only be required if having changed address and/or re-entering the country.

Fortunately for me, I find the drive up window at Chiang Mai Immigration easy. I doubt I would spend less time doing so by computer.

Edited by Wrwest

8 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Just registered...I think as there was no notification.....just the log-in page came up....did that and nothing...the balls kept rolling:))) 

However...I use Apple, and from past Immigration things I've tried online, they've never worked. I asked at the IO, and the response was "Apple no good"

I don't think so. Thais normally refer to iPhones or Macs, not Apples.

12 hours ago, TaoNow said:

I tried to log in.

Couldn't pass the CAPTCHA test, despite many tries.

Didn't work on laptop. Worked on phone. Then worked on laptop.

After that everything OK. 

12 hours ago, TaoNow said:

I tried to log in.

Couldn't pass the CAPTCHA test, despite many tries.

me too! first I thought I was not clever enough, nów I know better! 😊

Is this report any different to the one that is already in use and has

worked flawlessly for me for at least last two years ? , or have you got to

register again , like I had to do with the TM30 ,the other day ?

regards Worgeordie

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Presnock said:

maybe it is time for a 3rd party with power to elect and not just defeat one of the other two party candidates. 

The problem with the third party is that they always aim for the presidency instead of building grass-roots support from the electorate in local elections, state elections, members of Congress, and then senators and presidents. Their first goal should be to capture the speaker role. 

Have used the online reporting system now approximately ten times. Never a problem. Just lodged my form online on Sunday, all approved today, Tuesday. Using Chrome, pw set ages ago, and same email address as well. Btw, this time round was the first report after returning from overseas, with the 90 days commencing from day of entry. Worked perfectly.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CecilM said:

Didn't work on laptop. Worked on phone. Then worked on laptop.

After that everything OK. 

After that, did it still work on the phone? If not, try your old brick phone.

7 hours ago, issan101 said:

Agree that the 90 should be scrapped all together. But I think the issue is what do you do with all the manpower that manages this system. 

Are there any other countries that have retiree's doing 90 day reports like someone on parole?

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, issan101 said:

Agree that the 90 should be scrapped all together. But I think the issue is what do you do with all the manpower that manages this system. 

These IO's are still policemen surely there are other duties they could perform.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

What exactly is the purpose of online 90 day reporting? At least in person, they know where you are, right in front of them.

For many here it's very easy to do a five-minute pop in or drive through on the way to the shops.

For some, like me, the nearest Immigration office is a 2 hour+ drive away. That's five hours of travelling to say here I am again, still living at the same address. 

For the last two years, since this version of the on-line system started, I've been able to report, without a problem, in a couple of minutes, without getting out of bed.

If this idiocy of a report has to continue, so too does the on-line system.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

The best improvement will be to cancel this communist era, paranoiac system all together and save

everyone, the Immigration and all of us an unnecessary time and men power wasting exercise,

A country that gets aprox. 30 millions tourist a year and hundreds of thousands of expats should

have the best and most efficient system in the world but Thailand is still way, way far from it...

And y'all wonder why y'all get all them confused emojis?

8 hours ago, scottiejohn said:
8 hours ago, Tanlic said:

I have been doing my 90days report on line for about 2 years......never had one problem

You are one of the lucky ones IMO!

You mean the vast majority of "lucky ones".

It's always the same malcontents that start and feed these 90-day bashathons.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The ones who are successful probably have no reason to post where as those who have had/are having problems are more likely to post about it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The ones who are successful probably have no reason to post where as those who have had/are having problems are more likely to post about it!

Correct. If the vast majority were having issues, these 90-day bashathons would suck up all the forum bandwidth.

So far, this effort's only got 3 pages and mostly from the same people or those chiming in to regale us with the same bad experiences from ages ago that they did on the last 90-day bashathon.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:40 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Just registered...I think as there was no notification.....just the log-in page came up....did that and nothing...the balls kept rolling:))) 

However...I use Apple, and from past Immigration things I've tried online, they've never worked. I asked at the IO, and the response was "Apple no good"

Works fine every time on my iPad 

What do you put in "Arrival Date"?

If you entered in Thailand 10 years ago, do you put that date?

I never had success with online report, always rejected and "please contact in person". So, I usually report through mail, because I live very far away from CW.

What really is the point of doing a 90 day report when anyone can do it for you? When I first came here I linked up with a few other farangs and we all took turns at doing each others reporting. No online reporting in those days.

42 minutes ago, zhounan said:

What do you put in "Arrival Date"?

If you entered in Thailand 10 years ago, do you put that date?

Yes. 

For me, the last entry was in 2011 so that's what goes in my report. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What really is the point of doing a 90 day report when anyone can do it for you? When I first came here I linked up with a few other farangs and we all took turns at doing each others reporting. No online reporting in those days.

Their reasons for the existence of this system makes little sense, but a change would probably require a rewrite and processing of a new Immigration Act.

Under the old on-line system, I lodged reports for a computer illiterate, Brit friend for several years but could never get mine to work!